PC2 Project CARS 2 New Trailer and Developer Livestream

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Developer Livestream 3 - 1.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have released a brand new trailer from the upcoming Project CARS 2 simulation.

With release scheduled in just over one month, the Project CARS 2 development team have revealed another new trailer for the sequel to the critically acclaimed Project CARS series on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Looking set to be a considerable improvement of the original title, Project CARS 2 will launch with just over 180 cars and 60 tracks when it hits our digital shelves this September 22nd, including five disciplines of racing across 29 series in six Tiers of sporting action.

You can check out the new 1 minute 49 second trailer in all it's glory below:

As well as the new trailer, Slightly Mad Studios have been working hard behind the scenes to help build confidence in the new product amongst a sceptical sim racing community following the first game of the franchise released back in 2015. With all credit due to SMS and their marketing team, the studio have given plenty of coverage to the upcoming title in an effort to showcase the features and content from this potentially impressive entry into the sim racing marketplace.

The latest behind the scenes 'Developer Diary' stream takes a look at the online features due to come with the new title, and is presented by SMS Creative Director, Andy Tudor. You can watch the lengthy video in full below:

You can check out the past developer diary release articles and videos below:

Live Stream #1 - Car Handling
Live Stream #2 - Cars and Tracks.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment over the next month as we continue to bring you all the latest news from Project CARS 2 before its public release.

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on September 22nd 2017.

Project CARS 2 Developer Livestream 3 - 2.jpg

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS 2 sub forum for news and discussion about the new game, plus of course our usual offering of League and Racing Club events, the odd Mod or two and a few other nice little bits and pieces...

Looking forward to Project CARS 2? Think SMS can make a success of the new game? What features from the developer diary video are you most anticipating trying out for yourself? Let us know in the comments section below!

I don't know if PC2 will be better than PC1 (physics, ffb, etc) but car and tracks roster are really good....
Yes, I'm still hoping it's good for that sweet Long Beach, and then Knockhill, Fuji, multiclass etc.

But from what I've seen, they've still over-extended themselves with off-road, snow, seasons, e-sport (lolz), and it will still be half-baked and compromised, with a bunch of things that will not work properly, types of cars that will have broken AI on some tracks etc.

So I guess you'll have to find out if the content you like works properly, then forget about the rest.

Something wrong with your monitor or GPU?:)
I believe you may have missed what I meant.
While pCars looks very good on my triple BENQ 144Hz / nVidia GTX 980 ti setup, I also watched dozens of pCars2 video's over the last months. Most of them show graphics improvements.
They look great on my iMac too.

Now this video: the "reviewer" claims he has everything on high settings and in the video it looks a lot worse than pCars1. So I'm thinking it is either done on purpose to make pCars 2 look bad, or he does not know how to use a right setup. Same could be said about the "feel" on his OSW set.

I watched a few pcars2 video's made on the Le Mans track last night, without exception the all look WAY better than this poor excuse of a "review", just saying...

Oh, and he did not expect to block the wheels when slamming the brakes too late in a non ABS car.. :laugh::roflmao:

• Deleted member 99238

From what i saw on youtube i can say the following about PC2:
1. The trees on the tracks look awful and much worse than in PC1. Also they are constantly flickering and disappearing at short distances.
2. It's unclear how the repeats work, how many cameras and what they are. If this is not at the Assetto Corsa level, then everything is very sad, as in PC1.
3. On many tracks there are no backgrounds at this stage. A recently appeared video with a background on the Nurburgring says that it's as horrible and ridiculous as in PC1.
4. The game interface looks like any arcade game on consoles and does not look like a serious racing simulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
@blanes Seriously, I don't need to give specifics. This is purely my opinion
Yeah, that's the problem. There are surely reasons for your opinion, and while I don't follow other men's opinions easily, I'd like to see why they have them before I judge if there's any actual merit to them.

Of course, you don't need to provide specifics. However, first saying "I absolutely hate this load of garbage!!!" and then "I don't need to give reasons for that" comes across as a little ... well, it doesn't seem very reliable, 's all I'm saying.

@Shaun Clarke - you don't need to give specifics but then you did not need to tell us that you basically think pC2 is rubbish, however you did. So at least answer one question please - what car & track combination did you drive. Also if you know what build number it was or how old, days, weeks or months ?

Re the graphics improvements I can tell you that in VR it looks a whole lot better than pC1 as the textures and dynamic lighting have received an overhaul and combined with the new track updates where they laser scanned and increased the detail it is superb imho. It also runs much better due to optimisations and improvements in the render engine. For people commenting they see popup and cardboard looking backgrounds and/or ugly looking trees, I assure you those issues were prevalent several months ago but have since been cleaned up and everything looks really good, the Nordschleife in particular is easily the best available in any current sim in terms of its look, feel and accuracy. It is an incredible ride in VR at high speed in the older Porsche 962C or the Nissan GTP ZX Turbo, especially with a direct drive wheel and motion, you feel like you have been at the gym after 7 laps it is so exhilarating.

Last edited:
Saw a video comparing the performance of both PC1 and 2 on the same track and looked like there was 10fps gain on PC2 except when there is a lot of trees around
A question I have: will they add a "Max visible cars" setting like all ISImotor games have? That option saves so much fps

• Deleted member 113561

- on paper and on video.... all looks good... but the fact that some youtubers cant lie and say its the best thing since sliced bread as usual, or that they feel is just a refinement on the previous installment doesn't give me great expectations... really wanted it to be something this time instead of just another disconnected experience like the first one was....

He believes also iRacing is a good sim - that disqualifies his opinion on the spot
In terms of realism and physics, iRacing is one of the worst

He also determines physics about what he feels (FFB - and admits that he didn't find good settings sofar) which is nonsense and didn't analyze it objectively or gave it a fair chance. For that you would need to do some testing (ie. take a GT3, try out different compounds, how you can push the tire, how it responds, tire wear etc.), but he didn't do that and just straight out gave an unqualified opinion.

Through reasons that I cannot reveal, as I suspected and as I expected, I am no longer looking forward to this.

Yes it looks fantastic, yes it has all the bells and whistles that shout out, LOOK AT ME, but the handling and the physics and FFB, are just well...****....sorry let me put this Politically correct....very very disappointing
Are you a time traveller? - please I would love to test already the release version of it, where can I get it (/s)

Last edited by a moderator:
People claiming stuff regarding versions and so on, this is like a rerun all over again, i remember when people where playing the leaked version of pcars1 and yes i did it too.. and commented on it... everyone jumped on saying blah blah old version, blah blah, not representative of the final product..blah blah.... guess what , it was spot on what the final product was, in the end of the day it doesnt matter if the devs thing they have the best and most complex simulation in the world, if the players do not connect with the dam thing it will end up in the bin ...... i still fire PCARS1 every now and then... as a software engineering piece of kit i still feel its amazing. It feels it was abandoned in the middle and very far from a simulation .... must have been hard to see so much money entering SMS and having to hand over a BIG part of it all the backers... so lets wrap this ASAP and do a 2 , perhaps the suckers will fall for it again..... guess what Ian we did... we tried to believe the "this time its the real deal bullshit" ... when the Game director claims PCARS 1 was the most advanced simulation at the time, and that they improved on that perhaps the alarm "bell"s should have rang lol ... anyway they added a civic type r to the game so i bought it :p ...im easy... itll give me some nice screenshots :)

PS: To the ones saying that someone that thinks if one likes iRenting it shouldnt have an opinion on what a sim is... think again, wheter you like the money grabbing monster or not its 10 times more sim then PCARS1 ever was....

Yeah, that's the problem. There are surely reasons for your opinion, and while I don't follow other men's opinions easily, I'd like to see why they have them before I judge if there's any actual merit to them.

Of course, you don't need to provide specifics. However, first saying "I absolutely hate this load of garbage!!!" and then "I don't need to give reasons for that" comes across as a little ... well, it doesn't seem very reliable, 's all I'm saying.
Sorry I thought the internet and here, was freedom of speech? I don't need to give reasons, right or wrong, I just did not like it for reasons of my own, and will now keep opinions to myself.

OK I will change my statement then. The FFB and feeling isn't for me :)

You still did not say what car or track you raced with Shaun ... Sorry mate I gotta call BS on you actually driving pC2 yourself unless you at least offer some very basic info, really not much to ask for.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%