• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Project Cars 2 - Modding Discussions

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2 Mods' started by Graham Laing, Sep 24, 2017.

1. walken

walken

Ratings:
    +58
    @JDougNY and @gvse Thank you very much ! Back again !!! WOWOWOOW

2. JDougNY

JDougNY

Ratings:
    +536
    Things have been coming out slow, because I've only been able to put small amounts on time into modding. My week is clear next week....maybe I'll put a dent into things. Next car out will be a Track Day A (GVSE conversion ready for my work on it). After that....perhaps I'll continue where I left off on Mazda 787B....make sure I haven't forgotten how to make cars.;):laugh::laugh:

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. walken

walken

Ratings:
    +58
    ....perhaps I'll continue where I left off on Mazda 787B... really ?!?!?! :)

4. JDougNY

JDougNY

Ratings:
    +536
    yes, better than throwing away the work I already did, before setting aside.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MrMazda

MrMazda

Ratings:
    +6
    Woohoo! Thought the 787B had been definitely dropped... This is great news!

6. dwightyone

dwightyone

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - will these cars work on a private multiplayer race? As in 2 rigs in the same house so it's peer to peer but I still have to go through the PC2 interface to host game.

To clarify - only want to use the cars between my 2 rigs so I can race in private race. Thanks

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  7. gvse

gvse

Ratings:
    +194
    you should be good to go as long as both PCs have the same mods installed.

8. JDougNY

JDougNY

Ratings:
    +536
    Darn typos causing bugs...

2009 Nissan 370Z Stock and Track Day A (V1.01) - for Project Cars 2 by Pcars Modding Team
    ***2 car package**
    Cars converted/edited by GVSE (stock), JDougNY (Track Day)
    Physics by JDougNY
    Sounds by SMS
    Testing by JDougNY, GVSE

***V1.01 Change Log***
    - corrected invisble LodC wheel/tyre on stock 370Z

*** NOTE *******
    Must have PC2 patched to V6.0.0.0 (Update 1.6.0.0) or greater to use this car.

Go to PC2 Downloads or Public Storage
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. dwightyone

dwightyone

Ratings:
    +0
    @gvse - thanks.

I've got the latest up to date steam version of PC2 - when I read this "Must have PC2 patched to V6.0.0.0 (Update 1.6.0.0) or greater to use this car" does this mean I can use the mod cars? I assume v6 and update 1.6.0.0 is the latest version of PC2?. Oh yeah - and do mod cars risk a steam ban or anything? Thank for the mods guys!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  10. gvse

gvse

Ratings:
    +194
    If you're fully up-to date then you're in the clear.
    I don't know about Steam bans; I suspect that if you're hosting a private session you should be fine, but get a clarification from someone else on this to be on the safe side.

11. dwightyone

dwightyone

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply - and thanks for the advice!

12. gvse

gvse

Ratings:
    +194
    What can this mean? ;)
    Demon_soon.png

13. Jerec

Jerec

Ratings:
    +42
    Dodge Challenger SRT:devilish::devilish:

14. dwightyone

dwightyone

Ratings:
    +0
    The Fiat Abarth drives absolutely awesome - but it gives a big of stuttering every other lap and I'm not sure whether it's down to the mod rather than my thrustmaster wheel as it feels heavy when used compared to PC2 cars. Is there a way to reduce the traction/contact of the car to the road surface in the car mod file rather than change the game's wheel settings for the mod car. Either way - it drives and looks great! Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  15. JDougNY

JDougNY

Ratings:
    +536
    There's only 2 parameters that can be changed in the physics of a car mod, unless somebody discovered more. There are custom FFB adjust files for certain vanilla cars, but we try to avoid the use of those for the addon cars.
    The parameters are in the chassis file (*.cdfbin).
    [22 24 F5 34 B3] SteeringFFBMult={float}
    [22 FB 38 19 1C] FFBGripMulti={float}

The hex string between the [ ] is what is searched to locate the float values set in the file.

When working on the physics for the Fiat, I had slightly increased both parameters from what was set in the donor chassis file. I do things a little differently now.
    I reduced the two parameters to more closely follow how similar tyre type is set.
    Here is Fiat 500 CDFbin to download and try out.

To use...
    - Deactivate the car mod
    - navigate to "vehicles\physics\chassis\" and copy in the new chassis file (*.cdfbin), overwriting the old file
    - activate the car mod

16. dwightyone

dwightyone

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - I'll download it tomorrow on my PC and will try it and will come back with feedback tomorrow. Thanks a lot for helping (I really want that damn fiat :D)

17. dwightyone

dwightyone

Ratings:
    +0
    Back... still stutters every other lap but not as obvious. I can live with it as the handling is awesome! Thanks for the help!

18. Jerec

Jerec

Ratings:
    +42
    Is it possible to change the engine sounds of a car? I would like to change the sound of the Porsche RSR GTE.
    With custom mod cars it´s very easy. Simply change the .csdbin and rename. But changing and renaming the .csdbin of the standard cars has no effect to the sound.
    Is there another way to replace the sounds of the standard cars?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.