PC2 Project Cars 2 Invitational events are bad

I can't say I'm not biased because I hate racing in the rain. I just can't stand it, the cars are slow and my fps is dropping hard. Unfortunately around half of the Invitational events are races in heavy rain with cars which are not suited for it especially the Lotus 49 and the Caterham/Xbow, but I've had problems with the Porsche 917/10 too.

First of all there are no wet tyres for those cars mentioned above (bar the Porsche), not as I know it, I tried to change it in the setup but there is only the automatic by weather option or else. I know little about making setups, so I usually just adjust the tyres, the fuel and maybe the brake balance and the downforce. I usually drive the loose setup, because I can get faster lap times out of it. But these events are jokes, the tyres on the car become cold in lap 2 (which is realistic I know), so you have almost zero grip with them, and the puddles, the f*cking puddles always spin me if I'm too fast on the throttle and the biggest joke of the game is that it does not effect the AI cars at all. It has zero effect on them.

I spent 2 hours trying to beat the Lotus 49 event at Monza but in the end I just passed all of the cars at turn 1 and 2 while my tyres had grip then I blocked them for the rest of the race. This was the worst experience I've ever had in a racing game and I'm stuck now on the UK lightweight challenge, I'll try a similar tactic, but I hate it in advance. You can only get chance with the Caterham, because they start from the front of the grid and I find the Xbow very twitchy. If anyone can send me setups for the Caterham for this challenge I would appretiate it.

Edit: Finally after 3 hours I did it, because I got lucky and stopped raining after the first half of lap 1. The puddle thing is still needs fixing though...What is your opinion on it?

Last edited:
You can simply lower the AI strength for these events. "Automatic by Weather" should always give you appropriate tires when it's raining. AI cars are affected by puddles, but the effect is less severe for them.

You can simply lower the AI strength for these events. "Automatic by Weather" should always give you appropriate tires when it's raining. AI cars are affected by puddles, but the effect is less severe for them.

I was thinking about lowering the AI strength (although it is on 60 already which is pretty low for me, I usually drive against lvl 70-75 AI), but that would feel a bit like cheating. I would appreciate to know which tyres I'm racing on other than "Automatic by Weather", so I would like to see that feature coming as well, although I can guess it by trying. There is also the Summer tyre option for the Caterham which I would like to know for which conditions it is better than the Track tyre.

I was thinking about lowering the AI strength (although it is on 60 already which is pretty low for me, I usually drive against lvl 70-75 AI), but that would feel a bit like cheating. I would appreciate to know which tyres I'm racing on other than "Automatic by Weather", so I would like to see that feature coming as well, although I can guess it by trying. There is also the Summer tyre option for the Caterham which I would like to know for which conditions it is better than the Track tyre.
I wouldn't consider lowering the AI strength to be cheating, especially since the AI strength is pretty inconsistent across different classes and tracks. You can always see your current tire compounds in the garage UI in the top right corner.

Track tire is semislick, summer is a sports tire, so it should have better performance in the rain. Also not always all tire options are good for something, sometimes they're there just to offer a more "everyday car" option.

I had the same problem with the Invitational of the Lotus 49 in Monza, that the "automatic by weather" tires lost Temperature lap by lap, but I changed the tires manually to "Vintage" and then they kept the temperatures in the rain. I seems that the Auto-Tire-Chooser is at fault there, when a classic car without Wet tires is running in the rain.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%