PC2 Project CARS 2 Images Revealed for CoTA, IndyCar oh and Porsche too...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have recently confirmed Porsche, Circuit of the Americas and the full 2016 IndyCar series will be coming to Project CARS 2 on release later this year.

Expected to ship with over 180 and 60 different tracks, Project CARS 2 will be nothing if not chock-a-block full of content come this September, and as part of the gradual content reveal the studio have announced the mighty Porsche brand will form part of the stellar cast of manufacturers represented in the game at launch.

Announcing the new partnership by way of a short 4+ minute "Porsche Passion" trailer, the Porsche announcement makes for one of the final big name brands due to appear in the game as the developers continue in their quest to capture digital recreations of some of the biggest and best automotive brands in history.

Although the new trailer is not expected to contain shots of all the Porsche cars due to be included in Project CARS 2, we do get a first look at the virtual representations of the Cayman GT4 Clubsport, the 911 GT1 and GT3 R plus the 911 (991) GT3 RS and the 918 Spyder, 935, 936 and 962C. An impressive ensemble already and containing several cars found in sim racing rival Assetto Corsa, making for some potentially interesting comparisons when PC2 releases around September this year.

In other content announcement news / reveals, SMS have confirmed a couple of pieces of American motorsport bedrocks, the fairly recent Circuit of the Americas of Formula One fame and the premier open wheel racing series of the United States, the full grid of 2016 IndyCar Series drivers!

Project CARS 2 COTA 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 COTA 4.jpg

Project CARS 2 COTA.jpg

Love it or loath it, CoTA is fast becoming one of the most established American motorsport venues since it opened its doors for the first time in 2012. Host to the only American round of the FIA Formula One World Championship and bike racing equivalent MotoGP, plus a US round of the World Endurance Championship, CoTA is one of the most modern facilities in the United States and provides an interesting challenge for drivers whilst affording impressive viewing opportunities for the 100,000 + spectators that flock to Texas for the big annual events held at the circuit.

Project CARS 2 IndyCar 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 IndyCar 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 IndyCar 4.jpg

Keeping to the topic of big American events, following the reveal that IndyCar has been licenced for Project CARS 2 Slightly Mad Studios have released a new batch of images featuring these powerful open wheelers, plus confirming the cars will come complete with the full 2016 driver and team line ups that ran the IndyCar Series last season. Personally I feel it's been too long since an official IndyCar game and for that reason alone I have renewed interest in this title. Check out the screenshots of the cars and CoTA below..

Project CARS 2 will be released on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 towards the end of 2017, with an expected release date tentatively pencilled in for around September.

Project CARS 2 IndyCar 3.jpg Project CARS 2 IndyCar 5.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news and chat regarding the upcoming second instalment of the best selling Project CARS franchise.

Looking forward to PCARS 2? Excited to see Porsche, Indy, Circuit of the Americas and the IndyCar Series in the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Well, then, you're welcome.

But if you have problems with your 1060 getting good fps on your singlescreen, then something is wrong. I recommend you go check it out. Maybe a hardware-difference? Or much too high graphic-settings all over? Almost every GraCa with more than 2 outputs can run 3 monitors at one time. Even the cheapest ones, if you put the settings low enough.

Also, I wouldn't call PC gamers a niche. Consoles might be a little bit bigger, yes, but PC really isn't THAT unpopular... ;)

nah I'm pretty much running high and ultra on my settings at the mo, Pcars drops to about 70 FPS with that, but usually 80+. AC and DR is 100+ pretty much maxed out.

Dropping the gfx settings sort of proves my point (in a round about way), ok so I was wrong in it costing a huge amount, nut it still costs more even on a budget and gfx settings have to be reduced to get a decent framerate, but if people are willing to do that then that's great. All my life PC gaming has been a compromise between gfx fidelity and frame rates (I can remember playing doom and having to reduce the size of the game to get a decent framerate). Only for small periods when I can afford replacement component do I have the ability to enjoy full gfx settings and a decent framerate. Even dropping 230 quid on a 1060 was a major expense for me!!

Here you go again talking for "People" .
You say you have a 1060 and "just about " get a single screen @ 1080p ?? i think you have other issues with your system !
I recently tested a 1060 from Gigabyte and that got 3840x2160 v-synced (single screen , obviously) with high settings in pCars ,AC , AMS , rF2 and even maxed out R3E while pairing with a i5 6600k . $500 aud for the pair (used) .
Pretty affordable combo and here in Australia a 1080 is $685 new
http://www.umart.com.au/umart1/pro/Products-details.phtml?id=10&bid=6&sid=285838&id2=1
And a GTX 1070 from $519
http://www.umart.com.au/umart1/pro/Products-details.phtml?id=10&bid=2&sid=301227&id2=1
Heck i know people using GTX 970 for triples , so a 1060 should be ample .They just sacrifice settings for FPS .
Just found this ...
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/980-ti-triple-screen.55979/

VR is in a even smaller minority ATM than triples (soon to change) and that has been in pCars for over a year now so why not triples ?
People will always ask for things they use to be implemented and if the developer says "Yes" well then those people will keep asking until they are told it can't happen or until it is implemented correctly .
So who are you to come in and fight a battle for a developer that has a track record of being able to defend themselves but also has a record of not fully delivering things they once 'Promised".
This time round SMS have learnt not to promise things they are not 100% sure they can deliver on . PSVR anyone .

If you can't afford something , why begrudge others who can .

hmmm I understand your hostility towards me if you think I "begrudge" others...sorry if my post came across as that, I most certainly do not. My hostility was towards the small group of people who constantly pull the triple screen support (or lack thereof) of Pcars as a means to bash SMS and PC2.

I only have an i5 3570k 3.4 oc to 3.8 (used to be OCd to 4.4 but that made PCars and a few other games crash quite a bit), probably the weak point in my system. Oh and as I state above running high, highest or even ultra usually across the board in all games.

But either way I CAN speak for the people because it's pretty much common sense that triple screen people ARE in a minority. Didn't Codies do a study that concluded only 5% of users used cockpit view? Now I imagine ALL triple users use cockpit view so at the most your 5% (albeit of codies games)...factor in that not everyone using cockpit view has triples (like me) then it's less than 5%.

But either way I'm NOT saying triple screen support should NOT be in, I have always been someone who advocates as many options as possible as I hate restrictions.

So to conclude, yes I understand that running triples on a budget is possible if the user is prepared to drop settings to get a decent framerate. But to get the high end graphics settings MAJOR expenditure is required.

Just FYI , here in Australia the Average wage is about $86000 . Average ,lol
I earn half that ,lol but i put a little away each week and SAVE . Thats how i have "loads of dosh"lol

Get a job , get a life and start to make yourself happy . Please....for all our sakes .

Sigh, you have NO idea of my situation so telling me to get a job and a life is HUGELY patronising and insulting PLEASE stop that.

and I am more then happy despite multiple thing bad in my life thank you very much.

@Damage Inc
There's an additional reason for triplescreen. You may lough about this, but I could imagine that the use of a triple screen, that fills your whole field of view, might be a little bit healthier for your eyes then focusing on one screen in terms of long-time-use.

I thought a little bit about this and it comes to my mind, that actually I do suffering a lot less headaches since I use triples. Well, there might be also other reasons for that.

Regarding that and despite the small drop in terms of overall graphix (which is not really bothering me, back in the days it was way more uglier), I am really more satisfied with my triples as with my single before.

You should simply test it by yourself. But don't blame me if you simply can't go back to singlescreen once you tried it... ;)

@Damage Inc
There's an additional reason for triplescreen. You may lough about this, but I could imagine that the use of a triple screen, that fills your whole field of view, might be a little bit healthier for your eyes then focusing on one screen in terms of long-time-use.

I thought a little bit about this and it comes to my mind, that actually I do suffering a lot less headaches since I use triples. Well, there might be also other reasons for that.

Regarding that and despite the small drop in terms of overall graphix (which is not really bothering me, back in the days it was way more uglier), I am really more satisfied with my triples as with my single before.

You should simply test it by yourself. But don't blame me if you simply can't go back to singlescreen once you tried it... ;)

Believe me I would LOVE to do it, I did look into it a while back (hence my thoughts on the price), most websites tend to err on the higher end it seams! I also don't have the room, but it would be nice. :) I also play Elite which looks awesome on triples. But ultimately I'm thinking more down the VR route due to lack of space. Also worried about motion sickness, but read that after a "training" period people who used to get sick get used to it.

OK, that was an elephant I wasn't expecting to be fair :)

We have a small subset of Indy courses but you can race the Indy cars anywhere and we have the largest collection of tracks ever in a game that also ships on consoles (we're furiously assessing compression technologies to get things to fit on a sensible number of discs). But no Richmond... Not yet at least.

We do have all of the cars, drivers and liveries.

On ovals, we have a few but we'll assess the market and interest and are very willing to do much more here if the punters want it. So many of them are short and very cost effective to model.

Thanks again for the support. We agreed to a monthly console and PC 'content update with patches' system that created an insane amount of work for us last time. This time we're shipping with a very extensive base and plan to update no more frequently than every few months.
I absolutely love the Indycar in pCars 1 and am still racing in a league series with it now. . It's great news to hear that all the cars, drivers and liveries are in so many thanks for that but I was really hoping to see the full schedule included in the new game, including ovals which I know were a bit of a problem previously. Have the issues around these now been resolved and it's just a case of interest that is holding back the inclusion of more than a handful? If so was the interest not already well established? There were plenty of threads in the pCars 1 forums asking about ovals and I am sure it would bring even more interest in your fantastic product if more were included.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the date this is released and it will certainly be a must purchase for me. Two years since the release of the first edition and I am still massively enjoying it now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back