PC2 Project CARS 2 Images Revealed for CoTA, IndyCar oh and Porsche too...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have recently confirmed Porsche, Circuit of the Americas and the full 2016 IndyCar series will be coming to Project CARS 2 on release later this year.

Expected to ship with over 180 and 60 different tracks, Project CARS 2 will be nothing if not chock-a-block full of content come this September, and as part of the gradual content reveal the studio have announced the mighty Porsche brand will form part of the stellar cast of manufacturers represented in the game at launch.

Announcing the new partnership by way of a short 4+ minute "Porsche Passion" trailer, the Porsche announcement makes for one of the final big name brands due to appear in the game as the developers continue in their quest to capture digital recreations of some of the biggest and best automotive brands in history.

Although the new trailer is not expected to contain shots of all the Porsche cars due to be included in Project CARS 2, we do get a first look at the virtual representations of the Cayman GT4 Clubsport, the 911 GT1 and GT3 R plus the 911 (991) GT3 RS and the 918 Spyder, 935, 936 and 962C. An impressive ensemble already and containing several cars found in sim racing rival Assetto Corsa, making for some potentially interesting comparisons when PC2 releases around September this year.

In other content announcement news / reveals, SMS have confirmed a couple of pieces of American motorsport bedrocks, the fairly recent Circuit of the Americas of Formula One fame and the premier open wheel racing series of the United States, the full grid of 2016 IndyCar Series drivers!

Project CARS 2 COTA 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 COTA 4.jpg

Project CARS 2 COTA.jpg

Love it or loath it, CoTA is fast becoming one of the most established American motorsport venues since it opened its doors for the first time in 2012. Host to the only American round of the FIA Formula One World Championship and bike racing equivalent MotoGP, plus a US round of the World Endurance Championship, CoTA is one of the most modern facilities in the United States and provides an interesting challenge for drivers whilst affording impressive viewing opportunities for the 100,000 + spectators that flock to Texas for the big annual events held at the circuit.

Project CARS 2 IndyCar 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 IndyCar 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 IndyCar 4.jpg

Keeping to the topic of big American events, following the reveal that IndyCar has been licenced for Project CARS 2 Slightly Mad Studios have released a new batch of images featuring these powerful open wheelers, plus confirming the cars will come complete with the full 2016 driver and team line ups that ran the IndyCar Series last season. Personally I feel it's been too long since an official IndyCar game and for that reason alone I have renewed interest in this title. Check out the screenshots of the cars and CoTA below..

Project CARS 2 will be released on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 towards the end of 2017, with an expected release date tentatively pencilled in for around September.

Project CARS 2 IndyCar 3.jpg Project CARS 2 IndyCar 5.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news and chat regarding the upcoming second instalment of the best selling Project CARS franchise.

Looking forward to PCARS 2? Excited to see Porsche, Indy, Circuit of the Americas and the IndyCar Series in the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
This is complete statistical B.S. Stats can say anything you want them too,which is why they are inadmissible in Court.

About 15.6 Billion people watched this race. That's billion (in Mike Meyers voice) with a "B" you see. And none of them were watching any network that could be measured.

As for America, I watched via over-the-air antennae which, by law here, is required to receive HD broadcasts. But they can't track the viewers. (Back in the day, they used to track these viewers by "Neilson ratings" which were nothing more than a survey that a random sample of families filled out, which is now unreliable because it's digital numbers, which have no way to spot trends). Many people here are cutting the cord because our brilliant politicians have let cable companies rape the public while granting them Monopoly status. So, like we tend to do, most informed people are telling the cable companies to go F- themselves.

You also have to read between the lines. After your quote,the site says this:

Takuma Sato‘s win, which peaked at a 4.2 from 3:30-4 PM ET, was the fourth Indy 500 of the past nine to hit a record-low in the metered markets (2009, 2010, 2013 and 2017).

Not helping matters, the race was again tape-delayed in host market Indianapolis, a return to outdated form after last year’s race aired live. The telecast had a 14.7 rating there, up 14% from the last tape-delayed broadcast in 2015 (12.9), but down 56% from last year’s 33.6 for live coverage.

Despite the lower numbers, the Indy 500 topped the night’s NASCAR Cup Series race at Charlotte by 29% (3.6 to 2.8), its largest metered-market lead over its stock car rival since 2005.

So, the "peak" was about as good as 2015, which is only off by a point. These numbers have no relevance to the International audience, which was massive. Also note, in the United States, ratings are local, to a large extent. And being delayed in Indianapolis had a clearly deleterious effect. Also, notably, the American audience (which is racing overwhelmed, since we have it all here) was choosing IndyCar over NASCAR. That's not happened in 20 years.
How comes you're always quoting stats at me about the decline of F1 then if they are so much bullshit and irrelevant? ;):ninja:

I have to hand it to SMS...they're really pumping the money into the advertisements and making it look really exciting. But only time will tell if this is the same crap as before or if they really got it together for the second attempt.
It looks great, but I'm not buying into the hype. They're setting the bar very high, so they'll have a lot to prove before they get my money this time.

Are you familiar with sarcasm?

You are alive because two people decided to f-ck. Worship your own science God in your own time.

I have. I am one.

Right. Real lack of open wheel innovation in the country that invented your magic machine. See here:

Right in front of your nose. The Indy500 articles have outpaced the Monaco articles on this website, which is exactly the demographic you claim was uninterested.

Worship my science God? Did you really write that? Next time you don't die of Cholera, Typhus, TB, appendicitis or AIDS, or your kid doesn't develop SSPE - Thank a Scientist.

Ok, moving on from that embarrassing bit of Neo-Luddism from our (claimed) lawyer friend...

The lack of an officially licensed IndyCar sim for 24 years speaks for itself. If all that interest were there, the licensed products would surely follow. And since you claim to be an attorney, you'll understand this:

Res ipsa loquitur.

The issue here isn't even statistics. What we're discussing is demographics and marketing. I really don't think you understand the difference. I also feel like you have a lot of emotion/anger about this lack of IndyCar love, which is affecting your ability to remain rational about a variety of subjects, as we've seen. Throwing up random YouTube videos is not exactly persuasive evidence that would allow you to explain away the dearth of IndyCar material in modern sim racing (aside from a DW12 here and there, with a couple of beta mod oval tracks to run on that the AI can't begin to fathom).

As far as your subjective impression of levels of interest re: Monaco vs Indy, this just shows why an understanding of research methods (or even just Scientific Method) is sort of important when trying to analyze causal relationships. Here, you're making a grand sweeping generalization based on a single website. It's a common enough mistake (selection bias) among people with little in the way of math or science training (like, say, attorneys lol).

So, let's try a more meaningful metric. Compare the total number of websites devoted exclusively to F1 coverage vs those who only cover IndyCar. Repeat the experiment with NASCAR.

Care to make an educated guess how that might turn out?

Physics man physics?!?

Fed up of screenshot after screenshot, let's see the minerals

and once again how exactly can they show off physics without letting everyone sample the game? I'm hearing very good things from the testers but of course people say that's BS...so once again SMS can never please some people can they? I'm honestly thinking many here think SMS are worse than Trump or any left wing equivalent.

No proper triple screen support again so I'm out. Specially because if they couldn't figure out even that by now, good luck with all of the other basic and forever absent features...

I've heard proper triple screen support is now in and being tested, also I would not call that a BASIC requirement. You DO realise not every PC racer on the planet can afford that?

One word, or name in this case.. Alonso.. He's the reason there was so much interest and comment on sites such as this this year.
Only reason why I wanted to watch the entire race. Can't be bothered to sit hours in front of the screen watching commercial after commercial after commercial + one major crash of Dixon.

Maybe they should run Indy500 clockwise for a change?

I've heard proper triple screen support is now in and being tested, also I would not call that a BASIC requirement. You DO realise not every PC racer on the planet can afford that?
I have no job and i could afford 2 extra monitors.

Not all can afford it perhaps, but to be a company who makes a racing sim, and they believe it to be a racing sim, and they promote it as a racing sim just to completely skip all those who's hobby is sim racing. People who build rigs often have triple screen setup and a lot of others who hasnt built one yet (like me). I mean those who invest to be sim racers are not taken seriously from those claiming to make a racing sim. That just seems weird to me when they know there are those who actually invest money and time in this hobby to get the best experience out of it. After all its just triple screen support and nothing crazy. But never mind you say they are adding that option so thats cool then. :)

in my little experience ProjectCars has been very disappointing . this game have some really cool stuff like rthe weather and the day/night cycle or the graphics , but the physics .... oh guys the physics sucks . tge game is not a SIM , is more a Granturismo or Forza like . nothing to compare to AC or Rfactor2 . So my doubts are all about the physics , are the developers going to produce a real SIM game or they just want to follow Granturismo ? we'll see .

September 2017 was the release date spread until very recently. Specially here at RD. Just check the posts from last week.
It doesn't matter what RD says. As long as the devs don't announce the OFFICIAL release date, RD can say what they want, people can say what they want, but it istn't official. The release date in September is merely an estimaded realease date or just a rumour. c172fccc is right. The devs have told us from the beginning of this year no more than "expected late 2017", no more and no less. RD spread September 2017, but when you look on cdkeys.com, they say that the should be released at least at the end of 2017 and even they don't know. So don't expect rumours to be true, because they can always fool you.;)

I love the game but the controller physics at this point in time, are not to my taste at all.

It still fails the doughnut test.

Fingers crossed everything is sorted out by the time it goes gold.
So you have the beta? I'm curious: Have you only played it with a controller or a wheel also? If you do have the beta, how would you describe the overall feel of PCars2 at this point? Thanks

and once again how exactly can they show off physics without letting everyone sample the game? I'm hearing very good things from the testers but of course people say that's BS...so once again SMS can never please some people can they? I'm honestly thinking many here think SMS are worse than Trump or any left wing equivalent.

They could, just, y'know... show uninterrupted gameplay footage of a full lap or something. Instead of doing all slow-motion pans over car models.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back