PC2 Project CARS 2 Developer Livestream - Career Mode

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Dev Livestream - Career Mode.jpg

The latest 'Developer Livestream' for Project CARS 2 is out, looking in-depth at the career mode from the upcoming new racing game.

Now publishing the fourth live stream video on the run up to game release later this month, Project CARS 2 Game Director Stephen Viljoen once again takes viewers behind the scenes with the upcoming title, laying out what players can expect when the simulation is released on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this September 22nd.

Running for just under one hour in length, Viljoen looks at the expanded and refreshed career mode in the new game, offering plenty of insight into how the offline elements of the title will interact with each other and the player, plus a little bit of bonus game footage from behind the wheel of a GT4 specification Porsche.

Check out the video below:
If you missed them earlier, check out the previous live stream videos on the links below:
Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

Project CARS 2 Dev Livestream - Career Mode 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Dev Livestream - Career Mode 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 Dev Livestream - Career Mode 4.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to catch up with the latest news, engage in lively discussions with the community and find out all you need to know about the simulation prior to release in September.

Did you enjoy the live stream? Looking forward to the expanded offline career mode? What are your impressions of the game so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

The career looks good. Actual mechanics don't seem to be improved a lot, but the presentation seems fine.

However, one thing I hoped will be changed. The scripted weather during races. It's so annoying when you run the same series over and over again and the weather is always the same. Well yea, now the transitions are randomly shifted, but still.

I quite didn't understand the reason why they decided to make it scripted again. He said somethings about some sort of player rating they are calculating based on the career races? However, later he said the driver's license (rating) is only available in online races. Are these two separated? What is the offline rating used for?

Probably I got it wrong, can anyone explain, please?

yeah, that hud customisation looks great! mixed feeling about the scripted weather:

1)no ideal, but at least the weather changes will happen at different times in a race, so if it rains on lap 3 and then you replay that race, it may start raining on lap 10...it does add some variety

2)how often are you going to replay the same championship? I mean by the time you go back to it you may not remember what the weather was like, assuming you want to progress into higher tiers...

3)menus and structure look great, easy to grasp and find what you are looking for. good one.

Does anyone know if custom championships may come later? That's disappointing to me
this was the thing I was most disappointed was not in pc1. I think they looked into it after release but put it in the too hard basket. I thought they would have learnt and had it in this for sure. If it isn't in at day 1 or so.t Coe later. I am very disapointed in this.

2)how often are you going to replay the same championship? I mean by the time you go back to it you may not remember what the weather was like, assuming you want to progress into higher tiers...
I'm planning to do just one or two series over and over again, just increasing difficulty as I improve. I'm not interested in jumping from one car to another in a short time span.

There are some (like me) who would do the same career over and over because they like the car.. I could probably drive the Formula Rookie and Ginetta G40 careers all the time (and now the RX Lites) and never get bored. ;)

FWIW, I was in WMD1 and WMD2... At the end of the day, the career is what it is.. Yes, it's a little disappointing that the scripted weather has returned, but the many other great things coming with PC2 are well worth it.

In WMD1 they claimed the scripted weather is there because they had not enough time to do proper random weather and it is planned for PC2. So what were the reasons to use scripted weather again, anyone can clarify this for me?

In WMD1 they claimed the scripted weather is there because they had not enough time to do proper random weather and it is planned for PC2. So what were the reasons to use scripted weather again, anyone can clarify this for me?

There isn't one... It is what it is...

EDIT: At the end of the day, does it really matter? The end product doesn't change regardless of the reason.

i thought the championship was a nice evolution from pCars 1, you have a choice greater than 2 cars, you can pick a car then pick the team based on the way the car has been painted ( this should of been in the first one btw ), full and short seasons and you can change the length of the race so if you want to to do a real 24 hour race you can.

In the stream they do cover why they use scripted weather instead of random weather in career mode but it would be nice to have the option for random weather after one play through.

Its not game breaking enough for me to cancel my pre order and only a minor thing.

i thought the championship was a nice evolution from pCars 1, you have a choice greater than 2 cars, you can pick a car then pick the team based on the way the car has been painted ( this should of been in the first one btw )

For me, this is one of the biggest downsides to how things work in real life.. If you are a driver, you don't have a say in the paint scheme of the car. It's based on the team and their sponsors; you are just the driver. I preferred how PC1 did it as it was a lot closer to real life.

However, at the end of the day, it's entertainment and people don't always want "real life" for their entertainment.

There isn't one... It is what it is...

EDIT: At the end of the day, does it really matter? The end product doesn't change regardless of the reason.

Yea, it does matter. If the reasons are not technical limitations, based on user feedback and with a bit of good will from devs maybe, it could be patched in behind a switch, for those who prefer what mode.

Yea, it does matter. If the reasons are not technical limitations, based on user feedback and with a bit of good will from devs maybe, it could be patched in behind a switch, for those who prefer what mode.

You'll never get an exact reason from a developer. FWIW, I was a software developer for 17 years (moved into infrastructure design). Not in games though, but coding is coding so whatever is said (if anything) will never be the whole truth so it doesn't make sense trying to get it. You won't... Unless you are part of the development team, you'll never get that level of detail (not even WMD has it).

Although I'm a developer myself, your statement feels weird to me. I really don't understand why particularly this thing couldn't be clarified, but whatever. It's a shame Mr. Bell isn't here now to tell us how this decision is great and legendary.

Although I'm a developer myself, your statement feels weird to me.

I'd be surely surprise if you communicated every detail to your consumers as a developer. The company I work for has a similar engagement forum with their clients as SMS has with WMD (I will say, ours came first ;) ). Consumers/clients never want the truth in development choices.. Why? They won't like it or understand it. I'm sure you've worked with your consumers when they have asked for more than can be done within a specific period of time. You attempt to play "do you want this or that" and they say "both" when that's not possible. They just won't understand.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%