PC2 Project CARS 2 Developer Live Stream: Plenty of New Game Footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Live Stream.jpg

Check out this substantial live stream and developer Q&A featuring Project CARS 2.

Aired just yesterday, the 90 + minute live stream from Project CARS 2 gives us a nice opportunity to see plenty of in game footage from the new simulation, with play time on both a dedicated racing wheel and gamepad undertaken by Game Director, Stephen Viljoen.

Intended as a first release of a series of 'Developer Live Stream' features, Viljoen and Slightly Mad Studios have focussed plenty of attention on arguably the most often discussed and speculated element of the new game - handling.

With the original Project CARS title coming in for much criticism at the time, SMS have made plenty of noise in recent months about the amount of effort and consideration that has gone into improving the "out of the box" experience for both wheel and gamepad users, practically redesigning the way the game interacts with different controllers in comparison to the original title.

Running in at just over an hour and a half, the new video has plenty of gameplay action to enjoy whilst the guys run through some important discussion around the handling, take some questions from the viewers and generally give players a feel for what the game could be like come release next month,

Just over one month to go, then we get to find out all about it for ourselves. Exciting times ahead...

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

Project CARS 2 Live Stream 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Live Stream 3.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to catch up with the latest news, engage in lively discussions with the community and find out all you need to know about the simulation prior to release in September.

Enjoy the live stream? Learn anything new? Looking forward to Project CARS 2? Optimistic about the new title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Sync in the video

I can tell you that this is not the case in game - you can also see that at 100s of other pCARS 2 videos

Small bug when AI takes over control - doesn't impact your result or experience
Doesn't happen when having Manual Outlap enabled

Yes a similar thing happens in other games too, Race07 and R3E for example, the cars "twitch" as the AI take over when crossing the line, however in Pcars2 the cars jump in the air and the Ferrari does a victory wheelie so yes it does "impact the experience" because it looks stupid and crap!

We are calm, and people have only pointed out issues, from watching a video / replay.

We are not trashing, we are just mentioning, and you said wasting countless hours, how about us wasting countless £ for something that has not been fixed since pc1, with prmoise after promise that it's been fixed, but they could not fix the original version first?

I wouldn't call 60$ countless.

To be honest going by his driving skills it wouldn't surprise if he hadn't set the wheel up correctly...we hope :speechless:..But for me there still isn't anything I've seen that stands out, and the thing is Pcars 1/2 will always be highly driven towards the console market as this is where the money is, which means you will always compromise the PC version.

Did anybody else notice on how much "he" is turning the wheel, and the game is not responding until 1/2 second later, surely this is not video lag, and also, he is turning a lot more than the in game is??

Or is it just me
Will be lag , I streamed and recorded tons of stuff in the past ,
you get sync issues , seems strange but happens

We are calm, and people have only pointed out issues, from watching a video / replay.

We are not trashing, we are just mentioning, and you said wasting countless hours, how about us wasting countless £ for something that has not been fixed since pc1, with prmoise after promise that it's been fixed, but they could not fix the original version first?
You're not entitled to a perfect game. If you're not happy, then don't buy it, and you won't "waste" any money. If you do pay for it, then accept that doing a game is hard and that bugs always exist at release.

Spa screenshot seems a mix match of years, some of it looks like 60s other parts 70's
Would look better imo to have faded centre lines not like they just been painted
there are way too many old style guide posts down pit straight, they should remove every second one..........just look at Historical pics .

Look here there is 1/2 as many posts as the screenshot ( 5 to be exact and screenshot has 12 )
https://forums.finalgear.com/attach...n/11594d1390425600-1968-belgium-spa-start.jpg

The amount of posts on pit straight in rF2 Belgium is correct

I hope they going to do scratch Spa this time and not the poor attempt in pCars they removed which was a spitting image of terrain from the orginal GPL Spa

Another one is the armco for pits is too long imo, I can't find any year where it extended that far

edit:

In this 1970 pic it is way shorter
http://fansoflemans.free.fr/F MYTHES ENDURANCE/IMCA - SlotRacing_fichiers/AS70LM_fichiers/1970-SPA-Salzburg.jpg

edit

By 1970 there are no old guide posts on straight I can see, so which is it ? ;)
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/por917-25.jpg

Last edited:
There are way more serious problems with their historic Spa, as seen on recent full onboard lap vid, than just a couple of signs and armcos. It's better than the non-released PC1 rendition, but it still has some noticeable layout and elevation inaccuracies everywhere, especially between Malmedy and Stavelot. Oh well, at least it will be included this time.

There are way more serious problems with their historic Spa, as seen on recent full onboard lap vid, than just a couple of signs and armcos. It's better than the non-released PC1 rendition, but it still has some noticeable layout and elevation inaccuracies everywhere, especially between Malmedy and Stavelot. Oh well, at least it will be included this time.

Fair comment :) ...though if a car model has a few dash switches in the wrong place people jump on it. hehe

imo the most authentic version would be the new GPL Spa which has a more proper looking Kemmel Kink, not like in rFactor2 where you can make a straight line of it at full speed.

Just saying imo the pCars Spa was identical to GPL no one could make Malmedy chicane look like that twice on purpose ..........so they may as well contact the group and use GPL New Spa terrain.

Developers need to learn from their mistakes. Check how bad rated a game can be even before it's release just for the fact the first one has been much worse than promised.. I really hope this game become a great title and be able to overcome all this bad Karma it carries! I am not 100% confident about the "quality" of it but hoping for the best. Fingers crossed, has potential.

• Deleted member 99238

Why do we need to show all this?
Who are all these people?
No one is going to buying a cat in a sack except blondes.

From my perspective o.e of the biggest fails pc had was a lack of single player championship. It was investigated bit decided it was too difficult to implement once the game was out and it was one of the big things mentioned for pc2. Well wtf happened? It is not going to be in pc2 at Launch! If it aint there on day 1 them it won't be added later! Definitely not an insta buy for me then. Will wait for reviews. The lack of this in pc greatly reduced the replayability value for me in single player.

also
From my perspective o.e of the biggest fails pc had was a lack of single player championship. It was investigated bit decided it was too difficult to implement once the game was out and it was one of the big things mentioned for pc2. Well wtf happened? It is not going to be in pc2 at Launch! If it aint there on day 1 them it won't be added later! Definitely not an insta buy for me then. Will wait for reviews. The lack of this in pc greatly reduced the replayability value for me in single player.
custom grid,heavily requested in pcars 1,was too hard to implement after release...and also not in pcars 2,can't choose your grid so if you chose a GT3 grid expect a lot of old SLS's Z4's,renault and cadillac,so far for recreating blancpain or adac,also max ai on track has been reduced compared to pcars 1

also

custom grid,heavily requested in pcars 1,was too hard to implement after release...and also not in pcars 2,can't choose your grid so if you chose a GT3 grid expect a lot of old SLS's Z4's,renault and cadillac,so far for recreating blancpain or adac,also max ai on track has been reduced compared to pcars 1
Oh you're right. Ive forgotten custom grid wasn't able to config. They don't improve or fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 270 27.4%