PC2 Project CARS 2 Demo Released to all Platforms

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Demo 4.jpg

Been wondering what all the fuss is about? Now you can have the chance to sample Project CARS 2 for yourself thanks to a new multi platform demo available with immediate effect!

It wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to say Project CARS 2 is one of those games that causes a dramatic mix of emotions from the sim racing population, veering from the fiercely loyal defenders to those who don't hold much love for the latest Slightly Mad Studios racing game.

If you are finding the frankly confusing mix of opinions too difficult to navigate on your own then this might be a very good piece of news for you - Project CARS 2 now has its own demo, and better still it is available on all platforms that support the game, and its free... and available now!

Featuring the laser scanned Red Bull Ring in Austria, the demo gives players a diverse range of cars to sample as you get the opportunity to try Project CARS 2 for yourselves and make up your own mind as to where this controversial title sits amongst the sim racing hierarchy. Offering drivers the chance to sample a high performance open wheel racer in the form of the Formula Renault 3.5, a high power GT3 specification GT car with the Ferrari 488 GT3 or the beautiful road going Lamborghini Huracán LP610-4 supercar. So something for all tastes then..

According to Slightly Mad Studios the demo will offer "three scenarios" that will "test you with escalating challenges, allowing you to experience class-leading physics in various cars and varying conditions, and give you a taste of what there is to be experienced in the full game".

The demo can be downloaded from the respective platform stores now. Go on, have a try and see what all the fuss (good and bad) has been about...

Project CARS 2 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Project CARS 2 Demo 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Demo 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 Demo.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Still on the fence about Project CARS 2? Will you be trying out the demo? Already an owner? Would you recommend the game to other players? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
C) What the FFB is like out the Box, I don't really wanna faff around with a community members files/mod in order to make the FFB better. I'm looking to this as a possible "Jump in and race" Sim for when I fancy a change, not a "Jump in and have to mess about with files for half an hour to Race".

If the criteria isn't met then I'll pass until a future sale and updated Demo (I do hope they update the Demo after future patches).

Warn you now, it's not just jump in and play but I will say this after 30mins of playing around with the FFB settings (which thankfully you can do whilst in the car out on track making the testing process much quicker and easier) I got the force feedback to a good point. It's not as good as RF2 but it offers me good surface detail and feel of understeer and oversteer. Only thing I would like is some more feel for when I am close to locking up or have locked up but beyond that I can easily see PC2 replacing AC and Raceroom as my jump in and race game.

Kudos to SMS for releasing a demo, I was not sure if I would buy at the special price and would not have bought it without trying it first. What I have tried is good enough for me to go ahead.
Downloading the full version as we speak.
On my CSR Elite it feels greatly improved over PCars1 and in VR the adjustable mirrors and parallax are a great step for better immersion.
I can see myself having some simulation driving and racing fun with that title.

Last edited:
I forgot one missing feature: Flat Spots. I saw no visual flat spot or felt any FFB flat spot and I was locking up deliberately.
You don't get annoying FFB through flatspots, but it will harm the tyres significantly and way more than in other games.

After over 300 hours pCars 2 i can't go back to other sims, because they feel like games for me. Challenging, but fake FFB with fake physics.

You don't get annoying FFB through flatspots, but it will harm the tyres significantly and way more than in other games.

After over 300 hours pCars 2 i can't go back to other sims, because they feel like games for me. Challenging, but fake FFB with fake physics.

Coming from RF2 that has realistic FFB Flat Spots (plus visually) I was expecting more from pCars2 in this regard, it's severely lacking in this sim if it's not there and an essential part of todays sim racing.

Kudos to SMS for releasing a demo, I was not sure if I would buy at the special price and would not have bought it without trying it first. What I have tried is good enough for me to go ahead.
Downloading the full version as we speak.
On my CSR Elite it feels greatly improved over PCars1 and in VR the adjustable mirrors and parallax are a great step for better immersion.
I can see myself having some simulation driving and racing fun with that title.
Finally! :D

Yes, could have been earlier if SMS had decided to release a demo sooner.:D
So much easier to make up our mind by trying than by reading conflicting report from people with different perspective. :unsure:
In my case I tried the demo without touching any thing and with my CSR Elite everything felt fine. I already know I am not going to do much anything in the rain.:D
But I have to admit the VR was really nice.
I am sure I will fine tune everything when I have a few hours in the game, but at least even with what I had right out of the box it is already good enough for this SIM driver/racer.
I also already seen a few glitches, but until one SIM is perfect, we have to take the good and make do with the rest.

Tried it, and :cautious::(
I honestly thought it`s better. Was driving PC1, and it was better, I can say that. Tracks, at least RBR which I drove is far from being real (elevation, curbs,...), physics is strange. Cannot go even to compare to Assetto Corsa, it`s pointless.

Coming from RF2 that has realistic FFB Flat Spots (plus visually) I was expecting more from pCars2 in this regard, it's severely lacking in this sim if it's not there and an essential part of todays sim racing.
I tried rFactor 2 today and really hate it. The FFB is such an exaggerated bull:poop: made for DFGT-users or so, but thanks to Sim Commander i could tune this down. Is there any way that the game is giving me the right DOR? I always need to tweak it manually in Sim Commander per car unlike every other title.

Does rF2 have clutch-support today? Few months ago i could drive any historic car without the clutch even no assists were active...:thumbsdown:

Was reading on the forum that the old historic cars never got a tyre-update with flex and trying them it seems, nothing has changed. Still the old brush-tyre-model with ridiculous understeer never seen in the real cars. This dev-team should watch more Youtube.

One question guys, I'm planning on getting the Deluxe Edition of pC2 that I beleive it includes some sort of Season Pass, is that correct? Is it a Season Pass for all DLC up-to-date and the forthcoming ones??

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%