PC2 Project CARS 2 announced with crowdfunding options

Project Cars 2.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios has officially announced a sequel to Project Cars today as Project Cars 2 is now official, and the WMD crowdfunding campaign has gone live.

Apparently the first big difference with the first title is that PCars 2 will feature off-road racing, along with Touge and Hillclimb events.

The crowdfunding tool-packs, which you can see on the WMD page, start from 50 British pounds and go all the way to 10,000 pounds.

Here's the shortlist of the PCars 2 features:
  • THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER – 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including ‘loose surface racing’ on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
  • THE WIDEST VARIETY OF MOTORSPORTS with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross, Hillclimbs, and Touge. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
  • CO-OP CAREER – Play as the Teammate Driver, Spotter, Driver Swap, or Co-Pilot. More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
  • SEAMLESSLY CONNECTED – Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
  • PRO ESPORTS RACING – Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Leagues, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
  • YOUR HOME FOR RACING – Your own personal, customisable Test Track to tune and test your cars. Invite others to showcase your passion for racing and learn race craft and engineering with the Project CARS Academy
Update: First videos already out on YouTube
Update 2: Videos have been removed from YouTube

No. The best part is the price. £50, seriously? And who in the world is that eager to dinner with mr. Bell at the point to pay £1000?:O_o: There are much better drive experience programs for a fraction of this price too. What in the world are they thinking? Better change from Slightly Mad to Completely Nuts.;)

Not at all impressed after what they released is in essence already an unfinished game. Sure they say they're going to add more features but I can't see it happening, holding features back for PCARS2 makes more financial sense because you can say "hey look we're a proper sequel and not just fishing for more money"

Don't know why so many people are annoyed. They aren't abandoning the bug fixes for project CARS (1) or the DLC plans.

The games sounds amazing and the only reason this has been announced early is so they can get the crowdfunding up and running
The piont is they just released their first game and a few weeks later they announce the secound one?!
yes they say bug fixes bla bla, they say!
and now they want people spending a lot of money without giving something real in exchange?
that just looks like gathering money for nothing for me.

Wow I got a lot of disagree ratings :D

I understand the game has only been out a month and already the sequel has been announced. Yes there is a lot wrong with the current version that needs sorting but I have more faith in SMS than let's say Codemasters or EA. Only time will tell if its a money grab. I hope it isn't.

Don't know why so many people are annoyed. They aren't abandoning the bug fixes for project CARS (1) or the DLC plans.

The games sounds amazing and the only reason this has been announced early is so they can get the crowdfunding up and running

They are moving over 70% of the team away from pCars 1, a game that have many bugs, missing features, and generally feels unfinished. That means the way forward will be slower.

The crowdfunding they don't need. As Mr.Bell stated himself "We have enough money for making pCars 2".

They are moving over 70% of the team away from pCars 1, a game that have many bugs, missing features, and generally feels unfinished. That means the way forward will be slower.

The crowdfunding they don't need. As Mr.Bell stated himself "We have enough money for making pCars 2".

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Still think we will get bug fixes for the game (Pcars 1) though.

In a second, when I heard they are preparing to make #2, I moved away from this game and I haven´t driven it since, because I was sure, their focus to current version will drop down and numero uno will stay unfinished for ever. Too bad, a lot of potencial and some great (little) cars you can not drive in other games, but ...

Just to say, I was pCARS investor from day one.

Last edited:
What an insult, PC1 was delayed delayed and oh yeah delayed, it's as good as TOCA was back in the day, and now they say they want more money to release another game before it's released giving the trend it will delayed and yeah delayed and again delayed while they wait for more suckers to pay up early, this should be an added on to PC, they've seen the P1$$ poor job CM did on F1 2014 and thought lets milk the cows until their dry

What an insult, PC1 was delayed delayed and oh yeah delayed, it's as good as TOCA was back in the day, and now they say they want more money to release another game before it's released giving the trend it will delayed and yeah delayed and again delayed while they wait for more suckers to pay up early, this should be an added on to PC, they've seen the P1$$ poor job CM did on F1 2014 and thought lets milk the cows until their dry

cash-cow.jpg

Dont-drink-cows-milk.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back