PC1 Project CARS – Upcoming DLC Content Revealed

Some previews of Slightly Mad Studios’ next DLC pack for the best-selling Project CARS title has surfaced as the studio has revealed some of the upcoming cars on its Instagram feed.

Dubbed “Old vs. New”, the next content pack will introduce both classic machinery and their modern counter part, giving car enthusiasts from all generations something to enjoy.

The previews show the iconic 1966 Ford Mustang 2+2 Fastback alongside its modern brother, the 2015 Ford Mustang GT. The previews also reveal two popular German cars, the rare 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo as well as BMW 320TC WTCC car.

More details on the upcoming DLC pack are due to be revealed soon!

http://www.virtualr.net/project-cars-upcoming-dlc-content-revealed

Seriously too many cars in this game....they need to spend sometime refining the game...tried rfactor2 for the first time in a year ...went back to pcars and ...wow no feeling on the wheel.
So many cars I still haven't tried. ....... Guess mo dlc ..mo money

I think one of the biggest "problems" with pCARS is the default FFB settings are pretty awful. Have a bit of a play around and you can get a very good feeling of the cars. That said, I've never found a setting that feels good with the more powerful single seaters.

One thing to check straight away is under the calibrate FFB section and go right to the bottom. On my T500RS, the default Steering Gain setting was 2.00 which caused massive clipping meaning I had no detail once I'd turned the wheel. Set that back to 1.00 and had a massive improvement.

Seriously too many cars in this game....they need to spend sometime refining the game...tried rfactor2 for the first time in a year ...went back to pcars and ...wow no feeling on the wheel.
So many cars I still haven't tried. ....... Guess mo dlc ..mo money

In my opinion, RF2 lacks a lot of content, cars and tracks. I think PCARS also lacks cars so I'm good with them adding more content.

In my opinion, RF2 lacks a lot of content, cars and tracks. I think PCARS also lacks cars so I'm good with them adding more content.

Original content , yes there's not a lot On Rf2 ... But there's a lot of decent mods that compensates .

Rf2 Ai is miles better, ffb is way ahead ...Quality over quantity any day.
My belief is there's more than enough content in pcars to keep most happy for a while ... Iron the bugs and optimise and refine the game....too many people spending time with bugs and Wheel tweaking ...

Original content , yes there's not a lot On Rf2 ... But there's a lot of decent mods that compensates .

My belief is there's more than enough content in pcars to keep most happy for a while ... Iron the bugs and optimise and refine the game....too many people spending time with bugs and Wheel tweaking ...
I agree. I couldn't have stated these facts any better!

Last edited:

I don't care for any of the mods for rF2, but opinions vary.

I have not spent any time wheel tweaking PCARS since the first week it was released. I'm fine with the FFB since the first major patch. Its not quite as good as some other sims like Assetto Corsa but its not bad at all on my Fanatec CSW v2. As for bugs, sure there are still some, but it doesn't disrupt my experience. rF2 has its fair share of bugs too.

The 320TC drives as expected. Similar to Race07 but with pcars engine ofc. Perfect p/w ratio, a class up on clio and ginetta, easier to drive than the Group A, but very close.

I think a club race is in order. :D

However, i found a bug. Free practice, car sounds as it should: gear whine, turbo hiss/blowoff. On multiplayer, it sounded like a generic road car.

The DLC cars are very nice, I get the impression SMS have learnt themselves about the FFB system along the way. The RUF yellowbird is great fun.

Some videos.

Old vs New BMW's

Old Vs New Ford's

Old vs New Ruf's

I have notice that too. FFB out of the box is really good on the Yellowbird. They could rework the older cars to match this kind of FFB. Yellowbird plus Nordschleife is really a must try combination.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 390 40.0%