Project 21

MGP21 Project 21 V2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Since this amazing mod is meant to make MotoGP 21 better, is there any plan of updating HUD elements?

For example:
1) To make leaderboard on the left more compact compared to now,
2) To expand leaderboard list up to 22 riders in order to see them all,
3) Current lap time box and sector colors are not 100% realistic like in real broadcast,
4) Is possible to completely revamp whole speedometer? MotoGP recently got new very cool circle speedometer when they show us OnBoard, can something similar be made in MotoGP 21?
5) While in garage and while observing AI's times they are displayed wrong. Instead to show Sector-by-Sector times they show us Sector 1 correctly but Sector 2 is sum of S1 and S2. Sector 3 is sum of S1+S2+S3 and Sector 4 is sum of S1+S2+S3+S4 which is nonsense.

P.S. Regarding HUD, I once saw a mod for MotoGP 18 which replaced stock current lap time box to realistic one back from 2018. It was placed at the bottom center as in real broadcast instead to be at the rop right. It was fully functional with animated sector colors and times. So I know it is possible to replace it, modify it etc. Of course if something didn't changed between MotoGP 18 and 21 in terms of where are HUD elements located.

Since this amazing mod is meant to make MotoGP 21 better, is there any plan of updating HUD elements?

For example:
1) To make leaderboard on the left more compact compared to now,
2) To expand leaderboard list up to 22 riders in order to see them all,
3) Current lap time box and sector colors are not 100% realistic like in real broadcast,
4) Is possible to completely revamp whole speedometer? MotoGP recently got new very cool circle speedometer when they show us OnBoard, can something similar be made in MotoGP 21?
5) While in garage and while observing AI's times they are displayed wrong. Instead to show Sector-by-Sector times they show us Sector 1 correctly but Sector 2 is sum of S1 and S2. Sector 3 is sum of S1+S2+S3 and Sector 4 is sum of S1+S2+S3+S4 which is nonsense.

P.S. Regarding HUD, I once saw a mod for MotoGP 18 which replaced stock current lap time box to realistic one back from 2018. It was placed at the bottom center as in real broadcast instead to be at the rop right. It was fully functional with animated sector colors and times. So I know it is possible to replace it, modify it etc. Of course if something didn't changed between MotoGP 18 and 21 in terms of where are HUD elements located.
I’d love to do that kind of thing but sadly I don’t think it’s possible.

I believe the mod you’re referring to was an add-on program that read telemetry data from the game and displayed that relevant information in the realistic format. You’d run this program at the same time as the game, with the game in windowed mode so that the ui appeared on top.

Sadly, as far as I’m aware, MotoGP 18 was the only game with UDP telemetry support (where information is sent over the network that can then be read by the mod/software) so there’s no way to get this information anymore.

But it’s a great suggestion and if there’s any way to get that working then I’d be more than happy to work on it.

I’d love to do that kind of thing but sadly I don’t think it’s possible.

I believe the mod you’re referring to was an add-on program that read telemetry data from the game and displayed that relevant information in the realistic format. You’d run this program at the same time as the game, with the game in windowed mode so that the ui appeared on top.

Sadly, as far as I’m aware, MotoGP 18 was the only game with UDP telemetry support (where information is sent over the network that can then be read by the mod/software) so there’s no way to get this information anymore.

But it’s a great suggestion and if there’s any way to get that working then I’d be more than happy to work on it.
Thanks for clarification and aupport! Your work so far on MotoGP mods are incredible!

I know, I just KNOW that if it was possible, you would have made mod to replace all current HUDs in game to realistic ones. I like how Milestone took that design from real MotoGP but honestly it's not good enough, you would have made it perfect I'm sure.

Hopefully MotoGP 22 will change something so someone like you can create some wild HUD mods like for Replay OnBoard, timers, Leaderboards etc.

F1 is kinda more open to HUD editing. Not only there are cool HUD mods you can edit HUD elements and positions within the game. I hope Milestone do that too.

Thanks for clarification and aupport! Your work so far on MotoGP mods are incredible!

I know, I just KNOW that if it was possible, you would have made mod to replace all current HUDs in game to realistic ones. I like how Milestone took that design from real MotoGP but honestly it's not good enough, you would have made it perfect I'm sure.

Hopefully MotoGP 22 will change something so someone like you can create some wild HUD mods like for Replay OnBoard, timers, Leaderboards etc.

F1 is kinda more open to HUD editing. Not only there are cool HUD mods you can edit HUD elements and positions within the game. I hope Milestone do that too.
Thanks mate :)
Yeah it would be really nice if they could add some more HUD options, most of the F1 HUD mods are similar to the GP18 one as the F1 games use UDP telemetry.

Is there any possibilty you could release Dixon as a stand alone mod ?
Since Dovizioso will replace him at Misano, and we wount see him ever again.
Im asking because i know you have Dixon made ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%