F1 2013 Profile disappeared

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi, I wonder how can disappear a profile I was using untill yerstaday.
I use Game Save Manager so I tryed restoration of last saved game, but the profile is still lost. And I turned off Steam Cloud.
So some one can explain how that could happen, now I am afraid to loose another one.
Thank-you

sorry for me is not so clear. I got two folders of saved games.
One is Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxx\223670\remote within files like this:
savegame@profile2#aggric czvkekg wom mivc
Another one is Game Save Manager_Backups within files like this
F1 2013_2014-10-05_03.25.01
So what is the difference between those saved files and which backup profile do I copy back in to Steam?
Thank-you

Do you keep multiple backup copies using Game Save Manager?

Usually you restore the latest one, but if it fails you would have to use an older backup.

I restored my profile using Game Save Manager on 2 days ago. My game would not boot, so I verified my files, but my profile would not load. So I had to use one of my backups (the latest one).

It is very important that you delete (or cut and paste to another folder) your old profile (all those files in the 'remote' folder).

It is also important that you create a new driver with EXACTLY the same First Name and Second Name as your old profile. You cannot use a different driver name.

1/ Delete (or move) all the files in the \userdata\xxxxxxxx\223670\remote folder

2/ Boot the game and you WILL have to create a new profile using the same name as before.

3/ You will be taken to the Young Drivers Test once you have selected your team etc.

4/ Once you are in the car in the garage, you hit escape and and quit to the main menu and then out of the game.

5/ Go to Steam and make sure you turn off (untick) the Steam Cloud for this game

steamcloud_zpsa444b971-png.62838

6/ Close Steam

7/ Boot up Game Save Manager and select Open Archive

GSM-1.jpg

8/ Now browse and pick your latest GSM backup of F1 2013, and click Open

GSM-2.jpg

9/ In GSM pick (tick) the F1 2013 backup you will be using

GSM-3.jpg

10/ Now start the restore process by clicking the Restore button

GSM-4.jpg

All your profile files should now be back in your \userdata\xxxxxxxx\223670\remote folder.

11/ Start Steam

12/ Start F1 2013 and you should be good to go.

If this doesn't work, then you can try again using the same backup, or start all over again with a slightly older GSM backup (if you have multiple backups to choose from).

The older the backup you use, the more of your career that you lose. Sometimes, you have use older backups, because your profile might have been corrupted WHEN you made you LAST backup, so the backup is bad.

This is why you should make backups every time you finish playing. Or use GSM's automatic scheduled backup feature. You will have to read GSM's user manual to learn how to create scheduled backups using GSM

:)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%