RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hope no-one minded me jumping in on the server last minute?
With only 2 laps in quali I didn't have much pace unfortunately never having driven one of these wee beasties at Spa before, nor having any kind of setup (nor for that matter never seeming to find my way around Spa properly).
Did a reasonable number of laps and kept it clean, but was way too tired to give it my best ... sorry chaps, hope you all had a good one and I did not get in anyone's way. Another time eh? :good:

PS: told you I was tired ... I posted this in next week's race thread instead of here originally :lol:

Who's idea was it to use this track? :rotfl::good: It's going to kill someone!

Coming off of the hill after Mulsanne
Race_Steam2009-03-1721-06-57-67.png

Qualify: Pole - Finish: 2nd

Away from the pack from the lights and start building an early gap until about lap 6'ish then Michel U. starts to slowly chip away at some parts,i pull a bit away on others,i feel my tyres start to turn funny on me around the 10-12 laps mark and suddenly Michel is right up with me,i blame my old dry and tired 3am eyes for making me totally miss my braking point for La Source and go straight on out onto that very weird surface,ive spent long times trying to recover off that stuff in the past but this time i got away light with a 4.9sec gap to Michel now in the lead,after a couple of laps i adapt to the new worn tyre feel and near the end close up to Michel but never close enough and always too late ;).
Grats Michel and Adam and good job all who stayed and finished :good:.
Thanks Eric and RD :good:.

Considering the difficulty of these cars and this flowing track, I had a good time tonight. Decided to go for a pitstop because I was struggling too much with a full load of fuel. Ran as high as 6. Had a good run with Bob for a few laps, even if he was definitely faster than me.

The end of the race was not so great and I want to apologize to Adam. He was slowly closing in on me to lap me (he was 4th, me 8th), but I got 2 blue flag warnings in Eau Rouge! As I tried to let off a bit in the following straight, I saw that you hit some grass. If it was because of me, I apologize. The next lap, I hit some tires in the final turn and lost the splitter, but my guy didn't tell me until I was, again, in Eau Rouge. As you can imagine, without a splitter I lost the front end and ended up in the tire wall pretty hard. As I slid back on the track, I saw that you hit the wall. I apologize again.

Good night all.

Ian

The first 1 could have been prevented but these things happen with the blue flag warnings etc. I knew you were as quick as me threw Eau Rouge so I was flat out and then you sudenly backed off so I hit the brakes and thankfully just missed you and slid off wide onto the slippy pit exit and came back across the track hitting the wall. And the 2nd time I thought you hit the wall on purpose but obviously with no front splitter you would of went straight on. And I had no where to go ad hit you and it spun me right round. So no need to apologise. :good:

Anyway enjoyed the race apart from losing the tyres really early.

Qualifying:

I ended up in 5th which I was well happy with. I nearly stole 4th on the last lap but I think I just missed it.

Race:

Well had a good start but I mighthave lost a place backing off to run wide on Eau Rouge to give someone on the inside some room. Then going into 2nd corner the 2 guys in front Robert and someone else came off but came right back on track. So I didnjt get the chance to take them. Then a few laps later going into Eau Rouge the driver in front of Robert spun and Robert had no where to go and I think hi cr was then out. Unucky Robert you wererunning quick today. So I had 3rd then about lap 10 I spun off at Eau Rouge giving me bad suspension damage and wheel was pointing to the left. Jari who I kept a 15 second lead was then catching me and eventually after many misakes he got me but then he left for some reason handing me bck 3rd. Then the incident with Ian left me with more damage and spun me right round at Eau Rouge. After then I was trying to just keep it on track and nearly lost 3rd on the last 2 laps. But happily finished in 3rd and was well happy.

Well done to Michel and Gary. It looked like you guys had a really good battle. And also well done to all that finshed.

Thanks RD and Erid for the event :good:

• Stirb Iuliu

As much as I like Estoril, I can't find a way to save some precious tenths of a second.
Anyone got a spare turbo?

I accept donations, KKK or turbotechnics.

If you guys don't mind a noob joining in (only been racing a week), then I'd like to give it a go.

I'll do my best to stay out of everyone's way.

So I can practice, is it no ABS no Traction, and do you allow automatic gear box?

Thanks in advance.

P.S what sort of time should I be looking for, BM Z4 practice last night 1:22

P.P.S do you use team speak or anything?

Sorry if these questions are a bit nooby...........

I had a good nights racing. Qualified P1 for Sprint race, my first Pole.
Race 1 went well made a few mistkaes again on the first lap which costs me so much each time. Had a great battle with Keith which went on for many laps. Nose to tail side by side it was fantastice thanks Keith. Eventually finished P3.

Race 2 qualified P3, but made a huge mistake AGAIN in T1 and dropped back to last position. I tried to save tyres in this race and with me losing so much time in lap 1 I decided to only change front tyres at pitstop which won me back sometime, but was not a good decision as later in the race the rear of the car was ice-skating..LOL and it eventually earned me a S and G.... anyway eventually finished p6.
Grats to the podium...:)
and thanks for another great event.

Forgot to add that my right rear was on 1% at the end of the race..:)

It was a good nights fun racing. Race one for me was trying to get to know the car and the track and ended up just having fun and getting nowhere fast, can not remember where i finished but it must have double figures.

Race 2 was going fine, was sitting in 11th or 12th and just managing to hold onto the cars in front when a lot of us decided we had had enough of the dull weather and took a little break from it all while we played pinball, for a ball we used the Volvo driven by David Lemon :smile: i do not think i have ever seen a car take so many hits in one corner but i think the one i gave him must have been with both flippers as it hurt me bad, but i still managed to limp away and still managed to havea good little scrap with Dave and his Alfa but i was all over the place under braking but a quick adjust of the balance helped a bit until i pitted. We both pitted on the same lap but i could only watch as he drove off while i sat there waiting for the glue to dry on my broken Honda :waiting:

It was my first time around this track and was not looking forward to all the big curbs but in the end it was still a good nights racing so thanks all for making it so. :good:

Tyres ... tyres... tyres.. how can 4 little bands of rubber cause me so much hassle! :)

Race 1: I gambled on wets..... I lost.

Race 2: Had a good start to the race and was getting into a good battle but noted that in dry running my right rear was burning up at an alrming rate, ended up having to switch to a 2 stop stratergy just to make the darn thing last and even then it hurt my stability badly. A confusing choke on frame rate didn't help either

Still some good racing moments at various points in the event :)

Well a race to forget about. It was great fun during practice, and quali, and was a blast for the first 2 laps (almost 2 laps).

Got passed entering the bus stop on lap one (I slowed much more than the car behind, Mike Hunter).

Mike then went wide entering the hairpin at the end of the lap, but came right back on and I let him by, rather than push the issue. In hindsight I shouldn't have as a result of next corner.

Going into Eau Rouge, I think Mike hit the rumble strip a little too hard causing him to spin. Unfortunately for me the side I decided to take to avoid ended up being where he ended up right as I got to him, there was no time for another avoiding move. As a result I end up spinning all the way over the pit exit and into the wall, race over.

As Mike would have it, he appeared to be able to continue (lucky !!).

Oh well, there is always another day.

Great running for the guys who finished.

the last time i use an e46!

or maybe i just need to practice more :D

Since the first RACE it was my prefered car. And i did many many great races with the E46, however at some tracks (like Varano) with many high curbs and the lack of a 6th gear, it is a bit desapointment to drive it. :confused2:

Race 1: what a :quiet:. As forecast was raining, i began the race with wet tires, hoping for a storm in the first laps :woop:. Didn't happened. So, i was losing places after places to the back. :curse:
Each time i started a new lap, i thought...maybe now begins to rain :umbrella:...maybe now...but it didn't...therefore i was losing about 6 or 8 seconds a lap :sweat:. Lap 6 or 7 i spun (sure) and damaged suspension (sure). Went to pits to change tires, on the next lap went to pits to repair damage (sure). Rejoin track with 2 laps down (sure) :rotfl:
End of story. I wonder if the rain showed up at the first laps of the race...everybody going to pits to change tires and i staying on track with the right tires...:fwd: maybe next time...:honk:

Race 2: began well, overtook 4 or 5 cars at start and for a while i ran in 6th place but then, i was hit hard enough to damaged my suspension again at the first laps, :fwd2: tried to stay on track like that, but only managed to spun two more times. :hypnotized: As soon as pit window opened, i went to change tires and repairs (sure). 12 laps from the end i pited again for fresh tires and during race i had a nice scrap with Neil Tennant and Neil Gault. :handshake: That last lap was cool and my 2 stops strategy wasn't bad, as i was able to unlaped myself for some drivers due to fresh tires. :male-fighter1:

Not one of my favourite tracks, but enjoyed every minute despite of the incidents.

Thank you Simon for understanding my late join and for the event.
Thanks RD.

Cheers

i blame my old dry and tired 3am eyes for making me totally miss my braking point for La Source and go straight on out onto that very weird surface,ive spent long times trying to recover off that stuff in the past but this time i got away light with a 4.9sec gap to Michel now in the lead

Haha ... I did not get so lucky ... my dry tired, poorly focussed, nearly closed and very bloodshot 3am eyes made me do this, then promptly take 20 seconds recover ... losing me any chance left I had of battling with Corey who was prior to this moment just behind me :(

... part of the reason I stopped was that I was just way too tired, the other part was that due to this fact I had noobishly spun coming onto the s/f straight and ripped my splitter off :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%