RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Wow what an evening. I really enjoyed the track / car combo very much too.

Managed to set p6 in Qualy with personal best and was very happy to close up to Daniel and Michael by 0.35 secs..

Race started very controlled, I was surprised by being 5th (Richard had quit being 3rd) the short distance in the grid to the car in front, so I didn't dare to push on start. Daniels t1 gave me p4 and I started to get in race mode trying not to push too hard and save tyres. I couldn't exactly estimate how my tyres would behave but was quite confident, so I had fuelled up for 28 laps making a 1 stop possible. Thats why the gap to the guys in front grew and Andrew came pushing behind me and sadly we collided.

but got up to 5th in the first coupla corners and then had a lovely 4 lap tussle with marc... unfortunately we both screwed up that nasty uphill right-hander at the same time and i was totally blind to him coming in tasty on the left hand side... sorry about that, man!

No need to be sorry, we both managed to fail the same corner and sadly I spun shooting my car right over the whole track just to catch you up on the right side.
Damn, I expected the end of the race but to my surprise all wings and wheels were still attached to the car, just got a suspension problem.

So I had to take an additional pitstop for repairs that threw me back to p12 but after all I managed to regain p6 with my mandatory 2 additional spins ;)

Nice race on a really enjoyable track, thanks guys.

• Neil Gardner

Name on RD forum: Neil Gardner
Name in game: Neil Gardner
Your Country: NZ
Control: G25
Car: e90
Special remarks: Never tried this track - hope I get a chance to practise with Bathurst and the F1 on the weekend...

Well I plodded around the track (relative the everyone else) but as other fell by the wayside and while spending the majority of my time cheching in my mirrors for lappers I finished and still had all 4 wheels on the car.

Shame about the short notice on change of track as I an sure I could have been more competative on a circuit that I had driven on for more than 45 minutes.

One lapper did clip me on the crest before gauche de la bretelle I did pull off the line and slow, so not really sure what happened there. Not too much of an impairment to them though I hope.

See you in the next race.

• Andrew Evans

Shame about the short notice on change of track as I an sure I could have been more competative on a circuit that I had driven on for more than 45 minutes.

yup... unfortunately that's how it goes sometimes... the add-on tracks are generally fine... and at a cursory glance suzuka seemed dandy too... it's only as reports start coming in that we can do anything about it... it's obv better to make a late change than have half the grid not attend because they're getting minidumped...

btw - you guys that were crashing... do me a favour somewhen and see if you get the same problems running suzuka through race 07... i'm wondering if it's gtre specific....

btw - you guys that were crashing... do me a favour somewhen and see if you get the same problems running suzuka through race 07... i'm wondering if it's gtre specific....

I "crash" on all race games :pound: **sighs, flinches and waits for the kipper**

I was lapping around suzuka, in preparation for Wednesday's event, for a good 90+mins on Monday & Tuesday, in GTRe (Steam) and had no problems what so ever.. I didn't get to try it when you had it up on the server though.

Ran in the Practice Session under Additional Events

This track is tricky, lots of both half-fast and slow bends.
Havnt run that many laps yet, chasing Nigel Atkins Ghost in TA but missed a bit in T1 and ended up like in the picture, not that good if you want to be able to drive the whole 60 minutes :p

Attachments

• Cadwell Park - Tricky.JPG
    Cadwell Park - Tricky.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 169
  • Andrew Evans

heheheh, there be comedy in them there hills... :D

just split the servers evenly, it's 14 a server atm - could do with a few more sign-ups! come on you lovelies!

• Peter Byun

Bonjour Yves,

I think my G25 issues have disappeared so I'm back to racing.

Name on RD forum:
Peter Byun
Name in game: Peter Byun
Your Country: USA
Car : Audi R8

• Chad711

I'd love to join but this time conflicts with a league I joined recently. All are races are at this same time every Sunday. Hope to drive with you guys soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%