RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I complete screw up by me, had no confidence in the car, almost wrecked the leaders race (apologies to Marchand i completely misjudged the handling of that situation) and crashed out with 16 minutes left.

Never crashed out before online, feels odd.

Attachments

• crash.JPG
    crash.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 206
Awesome, my first enduro and what a blast, clipped a kerb 9 mins from the end and took off my right front, ha ha. First off I hope my race craft was acceptable, I think I done a pretty good job of Safely getting out of the way of the leaders as they lapped me (boy some of you were fast). Andrew top class track, had practised on Suzuka, only this evening realising the venue had changed and having to D/L the track, but I think it was just as open and flowing as suzuka so the practice there helped me.

Did anyone else get a glitch at the start of the race? as soon as the lights went out you all disappeared off the screen, so I took it real slow incase I rear ended anyone going into turn one, luckily you all popped back on the screen just round the bend. strange.

All in all, even though I didn't finish it was a really enjoyable evening :amen:

Thanks Andrew

• Andrew Evans

that was probably the most classic hour of driving i've done since joining rd... not for the battles, but the sheer joy of this track and car combo... it's the track that loves to say GO FASTERRRRR!

quallied mid-pack, 9th... but got up to 5th in the first coupla corners and then had a lovely 4 lap tussle with marc... unfortunately we both screwed up that nasty uphill right-hander at the same time and i was totally blind to him coming in tasty on the left hand side... sorry about that, man!

went for 2 stops cause during praccy it felt like the tyres were going to get shredded... but they didn't... they just seemed to stay in the semi-worn zone... wanted to stay out at my first stop by petrol says no... i'd set 3 different presets just in case - but nothing to change stop strategy... and there's no way i could do it on the fly :D

spent the last stint chasing marc hard... but the gap just gently fluctuated between 7-9 seconds... finished 7th... LOVE IT! :becky:

First time for me on this track, but feeld good then in qualy and drove on p4 :thumb:

My start was good and I was close to the front, but then in first courner I was a bit to aggressive on the throttle and nearly spun :doh:. Cold tyres :doh:. Was then on p7 or p8 I think. Cought up quickly to p4 behind Michael. Pushed and wanted to cought up to him, but then I spun :doh: as I was to aggressive on the throttle:suspicious: the right courner up the hill. Hit the wall, but my car was ok :hail:. Then I was on p6 behind Hansi. Michael then with problems and so I earned p5. Michael cought up to me 1,5 sec behind on 30min left. Then I did my pitstop. Omg :fear: this pit entry really scared me:scared:in practice, so I did very carefull :rolleyes:. Pit stop then ok. 1lap after me Michael with his pit stop and was coming out 1 sec behind me :hail:. Don't know what Hansi was doing in pits, lol, but bevore pitstop he was 9sec infront of me after he was behind Michael and me. Then I pulled away from Michael to 5-6 sec I think. The Leader of the race Thierry at 15min left then laped me on p3, :pound:. But he had to do another pitstop and came out 10sec infront of me, lol. Michael was then pushing and cought up to me, to 3sec :eek: . The last lap then it was 1.9 sec :eek:.
Finaly Team F.E.A.R made it on p3 for me and p4 for Michael :thumb:
Gratulation to Nico p1 and Thierry p2, with an incredible pace :thumb:
Cool event:cool: , see you all next time :D

Qualy and Race results:

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2008-10-08 23-33-26-95.jpg
    Race_Steam 2008-10-08 23-33-26-95.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 164
  • capture_2008-10-08_22-18-22.jpg
    capture_2008-10-08_22-18-22.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 167
what times we ou guys getting here? did like 10 laps to get a setup started and have myself into the 1.26.xxx with Race setup. I know that if I could be smoother I'd knock off a bit more for sure, but it's not an easy track to get right...

USA Time zone event

Please take note that this is a GTR-EVO event

5676d1222917616-racing-night-flyers-fixed-formats-gtr-evo-flyer-jpg

Welcome USA time some event.​

This race is primarily aimed towards our members in the United-states, Canada, and South America so the race times are set for that zone. However, we welcome entrants from other timezones who would like to race at this time and help us to maximize our starting grid.
The only thing we ask is that priority be given to US/Canada and south american members since they often don't get the opportunity to race other events.​

For this event, we will use the production class on Magny cours 06 track

Signups will close 1Hr before the Practice start time

Event details
Game: GTR-EVO
Date: Sunday October 12th 2008
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT USA
Car: Production Class
Skins: Custom skins not allowed.
Circuit: Magny-cours 06​

Password: click here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 9:00 pm EST, 30 mins (Monday 1:00 GMT)
Qualifying: 9:30 pm EST, 30 mins (Monday 1:30 GMT)
Race: 10:00 pm EST (Monday 2:00 GMT)
Laps: 1 hour

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Start: Standing

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Your Country:
Car :

Sign-up:

*** Prepared to step aside to make room for US/Canada members if needed.

1. Yves Larose - Audi R8
2. Peter Byun - Gumpert
3. Eric Kaczmarek - Audi R8
4. Rafael Barbosa - Koenigsegg
5. Marty Pierce - koenigsegg
6. Timothy Miller - Audi R8
7. William Yunck - Audi R8
8. Steve Emmons - Audi R8
9. Chris Vick - Koenigsegg
10. Chad Hermann - TBA
11. Marcel vd Aa - Audi R8 ***
12. Gary Lennon - TBA ***