F1 2013 Problems with savegame

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi everyone

Today I was starting F1 2013 and there was only the option "start new game". Savegames are saving via cloud and offline on PC. Where can I find my savegame with career?

EDIT: System: Windows 7

Ok, I find C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxx\223670 and the folder "local" which is empty.In "remote" there are a lot of files with "savegame@ghost...".
But how can I fix it now? So far I have not back up my game profile.

The ones with 'ghost' in them are just unimportant ghost cars in them.

The ones with 'savegame@profile' in their name is you actual profile files.

If you created a new profile when you were asked, then it is likely that you old profile has gone, lost.

You can delete or move all those files, start the game and hope that the Steam Cloud restores the missing profile. The problem is that Steam may have a backup of a broken profile, or the new one if you created it when asked.

This a long-winded way of saying that you have probably lost it all, and will have to start again.

In that link I gave is details of how to make backups in future :)

Personally I use Game Save Manager, and I back up automatically every day at the same time of day, using the scheduled backup.

Ok, copy that.
In the "remote" folder there aren't files like "savegame@profile". Last problems with savegame I had in F1 2010 and I manually saved my profile. I feel my too much safe after no problems with F1 2011 and 2012. Back than I hadn't a program to safe files ;)

Sometimes Steam displayed a question if I would like to use cloud savegame (older) or offline savegame (newer) - but why isn't there any local savegame, now?

Last edited:
There is a local game save, those files are it ...

The local folder has never been used much, apart from storing ghosts. Now they have moved the ghosts into the remote folder. In all the games the actual profile has been in the remote folder.

They probably call it remote, because that folder was used by remote servers, such as Games For Windows Live originally, and now Steam for the Cloud.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back