Problems with rfactor2

Hi all. I have two problems I would appreciate any help with.

1. How can I stop the AI pitting during a race? It has happened alot but just lately at Road Atlanta track with the WTCC 2016/17 mod.

2. When sitting on pole at Road Atlanta, Nola (Louisiana), Lime Rock Park.... I cannot see the start light/flag.

Thanks in advance.

Road Atlanta is a 3rd party track, you could try to contact the track builder and let him know of the issue. Nola is the only official S397 track and is locked so no editing is possible. and I believe Lime Rock are one of the tracks that originated with ISI the original coders of rF2.

ONe of the hud/lcd options is a screen that shows the race time. It will be static until the race starts. So enable that screen, and watch it. The moment the timer starts, your race has begun.
AI usually pit repeatedly when either the Q session or race itself starts with rain, for some reason the AI can't decide between wet or dry tires. If you have qualifying in the wet, then allow the session to complete. Do not skip to the race. You can use the accelerate time function to shorten the wait.
It is a known bug, but it will not be addressed until the Online racing and new UI systems are updated and functioning.
Since the UI itself is 3 years in building, I think we safely say, solo fixes will not arrive anytime soon.
Also known are the abysmal behavior of AI cars during yellow flag situations. Turn off all flags with the possible exception of the black flag. Some users have found the AI have less yellow flag confusion when you edit the track files to lower the speed limit for yellow flags. (I believe 60kph was number quoted)
There is a long line of known solo play issues. You can note them, but don't expect quick responses.

You can also use something like a SimHub widget to get classic starting lights. Or listen to the audio signal. I would expect them not including starting lights outside of the in-world ones is intentional, so I wouldn't really expect them to do much about it even with a new UI/HUD.

You can also use something like a SimHub widget to get classic starting lights. Or listen to the audio signal. I would expect them not including starting lights outside of the in-world ones is intentional, so I wouldn't really expect them to do much about it even with a new UI/HUD.

Please excuse the ignorance but what is a "SimHub" widget?

Some tracks have the audio signal but others don't. Thanks for the response.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.2%