Problems with Multislots Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
I have mentioned this before after testing this mod tool for a week on a public server, but nobody wanted to listen.

Take a look at this:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr...scheduled-500k-elkhart-lake-road-america.html

Awesome event planned by Eric totally ruined by all the strange stuff that happens with the mod to increase the client slots.

Please, please, please reconsider the current format and go back to 25 drivers per server max!

If more slots would be possible without problem i am sure simbin would have raised it already in the game with a patch.

My 2 cents to improve the disco party

It werent as much as Disco. It felt more like Sync issue since i could stay in server. But Timing on drivers mid lap would continue even when the pass S/F line and I couldnt see any chat from when it started. When You rejoined Problem would Go Away and then return a few minutes in.

Its not only disco's Kev:
1) Cars that don't see anything on the grid
2) Minidumps
3) Lag
4) Cars bouncing on the startgrid
5) Cars double parked on the grid and collide

Damian i dont want to act like the smart guy and if you guys go ahead with the mod it's fine by me and i will follow what the administration will want us to do.

But also in the testrace people dropped out and had similar issues (team gg i think) but nobody related those to the mod.

Oh well, just wanted to warn you cause i have extensively tested this tool for almost a week online and not one single race was without weird issues.

Ye i know Bram, those issue's got directed towards the server and anything negative towards the mod thrown into a game / server issue rather then possible mod issue when they could of been a mod issue.

Lets see how it goes anyway.

got to agree with Bram on this one lots of problems tonight and some of them very similar to what i have seen in the past with the old version of this app, i also see it has been updated yesterday to version v2.6.3 so maybe worth trying again

In the RD event it was 100% the mod, what Eric discribes is exactly what i have been shouting for weeks already. That mod is the devil :)D)

On a serious note: Only 4 disco's?? Imho thats 4 too much compared to a normal race in Evo.

If people dont suffer from the freeze bug i can't recall a race where people disconnect caused by the game

Some are still having issues when we're running 30 cars in the Friday Night S2000 races. Though a lot less when we ran on the Simbin Brands Hatch.

It will be gr8 if the problems can be sorted especially if you guys are gonna run that many cars in your league.

Hope it all goes well and that you can run the bigger fields:good:.

We raced last full season with 30 slots mod and was OK. Already made 2 test races and was OK aswell.... don´t know what to think...

But one thing is clear, a new test have to be done.

The race was a complete disaster, but the STCC race last night went well with it, and the STC tests went well... Perhaps something else was in the mix. Eric mentioned the server OS, and maybe NAW. The amount of custom skins seemed to be an issue too.

Just like David says. We did two races with this mod and there weren't any problems. Little lag in the first lap of Ricard was the only one. In the Ricard i also used a custom skin and didn't give any problems. I don't think get that we have to change the format already, only a couple test races would be a option to sort out any of the problems. :)

Just like David says. We did two races with this mod and there weren't any problems. Little lag in the first lap of Ricard was the only one. In the Ricard i also used a custom skin and didn't give any problems. I don't think get that we have to change the format already, only a couple test races would be a option to sort out any of the problems. :)

Indeed Ivo, I am up for do as much tests as needed.

GTR Evo use to be a bug full game, so if there is lag there will be lag with 2 cars on track or with 39, I am sure of it.

A great idea my teammate Mikael sugested is next: "maybe when we get the schedule finished we should try to get all skins and all ready then test like 2 laps on each track with the whole field?"

I think it is a cool idea, and we will schedule a test like this.

As for the Friday night races here are my observations:

Warrick Farm 29 Entries.

After quali in warm up people had the following problems:

See no cars
See no chat
See only 23 or less cars
See Need to load 1 car

In the race:

Some ppl were alone on grid with +/- not working.
Some ppl saw only 23 cars
Some ppl were disconnected
Some ppl saw no chat
The people experiencing these problems when they pitted were pushed into the garage and out of the race

This race was an exception as Warrick farm has had issues in the past with stability, then add the mod = death

The race at Brands had a total of 26 drivers including Eric on sidelines

Everything went well until headed to grid.

Gregory Degreef, got the 23 cars thing, and could see no chat, and then he left.

I just wanted to report the findings so that if its possible to duplicate, maybe it can be fixed.

Hope this helps.

Keith

As for the Friday night races here are my observations:

Warrick Farm 29 Entries.

After quali in warm up people had the following problems:

See no cars
See no chat
See only 23 or less cars
See Need to load 1 car

In the race:

Some ppl were alone on grid with +/- not working.
Some ppl saw only 23 cars
Some ppl were disconnected
Some ppl saw no chat
The people experiencing these problems when they pitted were pushed into the garage and out of the race

This race was an exception as Warrick farm has had issues in the past with stability, then add the mod = death

The race at Brands had a total of 26 drivers including Eric on sidelines

Everything went well until headed to grid.

Gregory Degreef, got the 23 cars thing, and could see no chat, and then he left.

I just wanted to report the findings so that if its possible to duplicate, maybe it can be fixed.

Hope this helps.

Keith

Some of These Problems were Experienced this evening in RD Super Enduro. No Chat,Discos and I would also add Timing Doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%