Problems with Multislots Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah STC is with TheGameHoster.net

But in my opinion, and for the not much I know, this looks as a problem with the track maybe...¿?

Test races ran ok though apart from some lag at times.

The netcode is crap though, 39 cars is pushing it but I don't think it will change the format after everything thats been debated.

If needed we will Damian.

As for the Friday night races here are my observations:

Warrick Farm 29 Entries.

After quali in warm up people had the following problems:

See no cars
See no chat
See only 23 or less cars
See Need to load 1 car

We raced the full last seasson with the 30 slots patch, and never had a single issue.

Maye it is because something was wrong in the configuration of the server???

Would like to listen Xose, our technicall guru.

@Bram: thanks for open the thread, I was lready worried when I heard about Eric´s race problems. Will be usefull to find a solution.

Hello guys,

First of all, I want to say big big sorry to Eric, he did a great work organising and is very bad luck what happened, but I'm sure we will find a solution.

I'm sure of one thing, the reason why for STC went good and RD went wrong is not "server quality" related. I raced several times with both TheGameHoster.net and i3d.net gameservers and both had the maximum reliability you can get from Race07 dedicated server.

I want to add that before blaming the slots mod, remember what happened in the first STC, when we suffered 2/3 discos (without any mod) and we were blaming the broadcast until one day Bram came and said: "Are you entering the server as spectator?, we did yesterday with RD servers and had a lot of discos". Unfortunatelly the Race07 dedicated server is far from ideal both in features and in stability, we suffered before from discos, lost of sync, and a lot of issues independently of server provider or number of drivers.

Our test races went really well, it's true there were two spikes of lag, but today, while practicing for RDSTL, David and me were two on server and we suffered tremendous lag for one minute with only two cars, probably because a track/cars/clients/server/hardware/internet/... combination difficult to figure.

It is true the more variables you introduce, the bigger chance of bugs, but IMHO you can't compromise the game experience because the possible bugs you could suffer even if the tests go well. Of course we can reduce the grids to 20, don't use mods, don't use add-on skins, don't use add-on tracks, don't broadcast,... but then, what we have is not interesting anymore.

From organization we asked for the possibility of change to a more reliable platform like rFactor, with a lot of interesting mods, more broadcast possibilities, way better dedicated server tool... but majority decided to keep EVO, even over our old but loved GTR2, so we have to accept the bad side of this sim otherwise excellent but buggy and unstable, with or without mods.

So, from my side, I agree on test as much as we can, but as long as we don't have a real proof that is the mod causing this issues in our own server, with our own skins and tracks, I think we should keep the format as it is, as every server is different and what fails in one maybe doesn't in another because simple things as less add-on skins, better pings from drivers racing, more stable player's computers... well, let's race and see.

Cya!

• Antoine Morin

I remember in an endurance race on GTR2 the Team that was organizing the 24H event made a "no disco" patch ...may be i could ask them what was inside the patch to make no disco ?

All the thing you said , no cars no chat ..etc... i allready have those things when i was playing with Aussie Teams with F1 Challenge Mods. I remember doing the quals and then at the start i was alone on the track with no chrono and a disco after some time. Sometimes the synchro magically went back after 30 or 40 seconds !! It was 5 or 6 years before

...dunno if that can help, but it is apparently the same bug .

I think it's server thing. What is the difference between the STC server and a RD server?

Its not the server! Eric runs the US server on his own behalf while we have tested this mod on our EU server. Different specs, same results: bugs.

What bugs me a little is that in this thread people ask for proof all the time. Like i have said, i have tested this mod for over a week!!

I have ran this mod more then 20 public sessions with WTCC on default simbin tracks in different variations: 25, 30 and 40 slots and in 90% of the cases the bugs occured like described above already. The server was a clean install (the server we normally run rfactor on) so there were no add-ons, no skins, no nothing except from RACE 07 and the mod.

But, the thing that worries me, or at least, the thing I can´t understand is the fact of have raced a full seasson of 12 races with Add On circuits, Custom Skins, Broadcast and the 30 slots sever mod... and everything was fine. As in the 2 test races we already did.

Why? Simply luck? Or is there something more that we don´t know? :S

I rest my case :) I am fine either way, with or without the mod thats fully up to you. My advise is to run as close to the real thing as possible to avoid the known issues. Disco's should be avoided at all times when you can imo.

But, the thing that worries me, or at least, the thing I can´t understand is the fact of have raced a full seasson of 12 races with Add On circuits, Custom Skins, Broadcast and the 30 slots sever mod... and everything was fine. As in the 2 test races we already did.

Why? Simply luck? Or is there something more that we don´t know? :S

I don't think it's luck. As you said we have run the mod for a full season and two test races without issue's really so it's strange RD are getting problems with it while STC have had 0 pretty much. I don't know if they released a new version of the mod or not, maybe thats the issue?

Next test races will be key anyway, but remember everyone needs to play their part, turning of msn, making sure torrents are switched of and your PC is running good.

Next test races will be key anyway, but remember everyone needs to play their part, turning of msn, making sure torrents are switched of and your PC is running good.

Exactly. :th_wink:

By the way, I have done an offline race at LeMans this morning and the game did not catched my qualy laptimes... so no need to be online, this game is full of bugs.

I understand your point Bram, and I really thank you for your advise, but the fact is our format needs the extra slots to work and it's difficult to say no now he have tested it in more than 15 races without problems.

When I say proof I don't mean I don't believe you or something like that, I know you had huge problems with the mod, it's just our experience says the mod worked for us, nothing else.

Cya!

• Dirk Bertram

I haven't read all pages, but the problems mentioned by Bram on the first page have nothing to do with the server, the problems caused by the track.

I haven't read all pages, but the problems mentioned by Bram on the first page have nothing to do with the server, the problems caused by the track.

I disagree here. I have ran the mod at Brands Hatch with the same problems as Bram mentioned. Others have run it there without any of the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%