Problems with Logitech G29 in AC

I've had problems with my G29 in Assetto Corsa for PC ever since I got it. I didn't care much back then because I was only starting, I got the steering and throttle/break working, and I am lazy. And here I am a year after, and I'm getting more and more annoyed.

First, I'm not getting any inputs at all when the switch on top of the Wheel is switched to PS4, everything only works when it's set on PS3. When set to PS3 I can at least configure the steering, throttle and breaks and a some buttons, but when set to PS4, the configuration wizard does not detect ANYTHING. Is this how it's supposed to be?

Second, the clutch pedal is completely dead no matter what. I think that's just plain broken from the box and the guarantee's already expired, so I guess there's nothing to do for it? The same applies to some of the buttons on the wheel: the + and -, up/down/left/right knob, enter in the middle of the adjustment knob, share, option and PS button below it do not register in the configuration wizard at all, so all that's working are the shifter pads (luckily!), PS action buttons and the blue L and R buttons.

To be fair, the whole Configuration seems wonky. Default settings for G29 don't work at all, but as said, at least I can use the wizard to set essential controls. When doing so, steering and pedals show G27 instead of G29 but they are working, whereas if I set them to G29 they don't.

Last, I'm not too sure even the FF is working correctly. For most of the time, wheel just seems very heavy to turn, and it doesn't seem to signal loss of traction at all. At least my previous wheel (some Saitek) which I used quite a few years ago seemed to get that right.

Is there anything I can do to fix any of these problems?

And in case the answer is "nothing" is there anything in the same price category that's guaranteed to work with PC Assetto Corsa?

Last edited:
Many thanks, with these tips I was able to fix pretty much every problem I had, and even got the gear change leds to work, which is a nice bonus. I had to use the configuration wizard once again because break pedal wasn't set correctly and started to break every time I released the throttle, and up/down shifts were in the wrong way around for me, but after that, everything worked, except the +/- button which still don't register. Even clutch registered in the wizard.

The only downside is that now I have to learn driving again, because FF is not giving me different inputs than before. Meaning that gives inputs at all... ;)

Upvote 0
  1. test controls with joy.cpl, instead of a game
  2. my G29 works fine on Windows 10 in PS4 setting, but if other G29 controls are genuinely broken, then perhaps that one is also...
  3. I had better success using Logitech Gaming Software 9.00 than G HUB
Hi can you go into why this software is your preference? im having a few issues with my g29 on a relatively new build and never thought about digging into the older software for the logitech. im running iRacing, ac and acc only so maybe i should swap the software and see how that goes.

Upvote 0
Hi can you go into why this software is your preference?
When my G29 was acquired, LGS was the software; G HUB did not yet exist.
When I eventually tried replacing LGS with G HUB
(to better support other Logitech products), the G29 began screwing up,
so I reverted to LGS on the G29 Windows installation.

Upvote 0
Hi guys!
I ve been on AC all day long trying to solve this problem but I can see no way out...
when I start the game from the official ac it works perfectly even with the g29, but if I lunch the game from content manager so thai I can cruise with traffic the wheel doesnt work at all.. on settings menu it seems to work, it recognize every wheel movement and buttons as well, but every time I start a drive session it doesnt work like it was disconnected, besides with controller or keyboard it always works..
I tried to look for a specific setting on every page but nothing seems to help..
pls help me im going crazy for this, maybe you guys had the same problem, Iìm open to every kind of piece of advice
Thanks!!!!

Upvote 0
Hi guys!
I ve been on AC all day long trying to solve this problem but I can see no way out...
when I start the game from the official ac it works perfectly even with the g29, but if I lunch the game from content manager so thai I can cruise with traffic the wheel doesnt work at all.. on settings menu it seems to work, it recognize every wheel movement and buttons as well, but every time I start a drive session it doesnt work like it was disconnected, besides with controller or keyboard it always works..
I tried to look for a specific setting on every page but nothing seems to help..
pls help me im going crazy for this, maybe you guys had the same problem, Iìm open to every kind of piece of advice
Thanks!!!!
same problem here, just not working from steam too. :(

Upvote 0
If you Explore into Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controllers\savedsetups\
you may find files with entries like:
Code:
[CONTROLLERS]
CON0=Thrustmaster TH8A
__IGUID0=E1F1A6B0-65D5-11E8-8006-444553540000
PGUID0=B660044F-0000-0000-0000-504944564944
(Sorry., I no longer use a G29)

Some of that hexadecimal stuff is a Windows Device ID string.
For a USB device with unique serial number,
Windows will enumerate it to the same GUID string each time it enumerates USB, which happens almost anytime any USB device is plugged/unplugged or powered off/on.

G29s (and probably other Logitech devices) do NOT have unique USB serial numbers, so are liable to GUID reassignment,
which Assetto Corsa (or maybe Content Manager)
ignores in settings menu by querying for current Game Controllers,
but then forgets and uses (now obsolete) GUID values saved in Documents\Assetto Corsa\.
That Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controllers\savedsetups\ folder may not be the only place that they are saved; there is also launcherdata/cache_events.json

Sometimes, (but not always),
I was able to recover by using AC's configuration wizard,
but other times required renaming Documents\Assetto Corsa\ to something else, when AC was not running, then restarting, which lost all configured settings and was a real bummer.

Try just deleting that savedsetups\ folder and let us know what happens.
If that suffices, then "Yay!" else consider also deleting launcherdata/cache_events.json.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, so for me the G shifter works outside of asseto corsa (shows in joy.cpl and in CM settings), but as soon as I open the game, G shifter stops working entirely. I have to exit the game restart Logitech G HUB for the shifter to work again in Windows.

Any solutions?

EDIT: It happens with other games to (AC Competizione, Project Cars 2, etc.). As soon as the game is opened, the G shifter stops working (not responding in joy.cpl either)

EDIT2: It seems to be game specific. In Wreckfest it works perfectly, in BeamNG drive it (partially) works (does stuff, but gears are wrong).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%