Problems with gt3 mod

Vimal Ana

Always racing, Always flying
Hi guys, I recently installed the GT3 mod for Race 07. For some weird reason i do not have any car engine sound. There is the turbo sound for some cars but they all dont have the engine noises. The Mclaren is basically silent! Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

check if .aud files for cars are there and when you open then (notepad or any similar sw) if there are correct paths to sound files (should be: =FIA_GT3\BMWZ4\ for bmw z4) .. and check if you have sound files too .. should be in GameData/Sounds/FIA_GT3 .. and aud files are in GameData/Teams/FIA_GT3/"car name"

check if .aud files for cars are there and when you open then (notepad or any similar sw) if there are correct paths to sound files (should be: =FIA_GT3\BMWZ4\ for bmw z4) .. and check if you have sound files too .. should be in GameData/Sounds/FIA_GT3 .. and aud files are in GameData/Teams/FIA_GT3/"car name"

When i open the .aud files using note pad i get a jargon of weird unrecognizable symbols and letters. It doesnt show me any path to any file:/

First, you'll need wtcced available over here. Executing it via command line, you can decrypt all SimBin/"SimBin-alike"-encrypted files using the syntax
Code:
wtcced.exe <path to source file> <path to destination/decrypted file>

If you're only checking one file, it's easiest to just copy said file into wtcced's directory as you can then address it rather simple without the full path ;)

First, you'll need wtcced available over here. Executing it via command line, you can decrypt all SimBin/"SimBin-alike"-encrypted files using the syntax
Code:
wtcced.exe <path to source file> <path to destination/decrypted file>

If you're only checking one file, it's easiest to just copy said file into wtcced's directory as you can then address it rather simple without the full path ;)

Okay so i did decrypt and it is really odd! Like the Audi has sounds files being taken from the Seat WTCC cars! The Alpina car sounds work fine! The Mercedes sls sounds dont work even though the file paths look correct:( Whats happening:O

Okay so i did decrypt and it is really odd! Like the Audi has sounds files being taken from the Seat WTCC cars! The Alpina car sounds work fine! The Mercedes sls sounds dont work even though the file paths look correct:( Whats happening:O

Using other sounds from other cars/mods are actually very common when it comes to modding.
Sometimes if lucky, they are heavily modified.
If you know how to do it, you can make a BMW sound like an Honda etc etc, just by changing the file path.
I do so myself sometimes.

When it comes to the GT3 mod from PetraGTC, - the Merc. SLS sound works for me. Me on the other hand, have no sounds for the Ford. No arms as well.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%