Problems with FFB using the G29

I watched Aris’ stream regarding version 1.8 and FFB settings. He recommended one get rid of all customization and use the game settings to experience the FFB as intended by the developer. Makes sense and so I wiped my entire ACC install, and started fresh.

As the title says, I’m using a Logitech G29. I know all the arguments to upgrade it but that’s not going to happen now. So I need to make it work well with ACC.

Before the reinstall I used various custom LUTs and ini files for the wheel for ACC.

Now, using just ACC’s FFB settings I have is a wheel that lets me feel tire slip much better than before but for a few degrees left or right of Center the wheel has no resistance. I wonder if anyone has any tips on a non-edited/custom (ie using ACC settings) setup for the g29 where the wheel is not loose when driving straight.

Last edited:
Maybe just add some min force, like 2 or 3? Or like in old days put overall strength to 106 or 107% in logi profiler. Experiment and find what's best for you.

Last edited:
Thanks, I tried that. Even Min force at max does not solve the issue. Only increasing Dampers does and that deadens the feel so I can't sense when I lose grip. I went back to using the process in the document below:

Thanks, I tried that. Even Min force at max does not solve the issue. Only increasing Dampers does and that deadens the feel so I can't sense when I lose grip. I went back to using the process in the document below:

Yes I'm using that too on my old trusty DFGT, but I'm new to ACC, thankfully AMD's FSR made it playable to me. Very different from AC. Probably gonna need a month or two to feel comfortable driving it.

did the gamma setting work?
I tried it and it did not give the feel that I hoped it would. I tried several levels of Gamma, and the wheel felt much easier to turn even with very modest changes to gamma, but I did not have more variation in how it feels when it has vs when it loses grip. I fussed with it for a while then went back to the LUTs that I used before. I have no feel but at least I have a wheel that offers some resistance to turning.

I tried it and it did not give the feel that I hoped it would. I tried several levels of Gamma, and the wheel felt much easier to turn even with very modest changes to gamma, but I did not have more variation in how it feels when it has vs when it loses grip. I fussed with it for a while then went back to the LUTs that I used before. I have no feel but at least I have a wheel that offers some resistance to turning.
I watched Jardier's video where he's talking about ACC last night and he said that damping is very important setting after the new update, and that you should use 0,15, or 40% because it helps with that neutral feel on the wheel. And if I understood him right whell should be set to 800? degrees, in-game and in profiler. Didn't have the time to try it out.

I watched Jardier's video where he's talking about ACC last night and he said that damping...[/MEDIA]
We can take a cue from his information but we must take into account that he uses a steering wheel with completely different mechanics.
On the G29 and similar wheels, as far as I'm concerned, the situation is rather disheartening.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back