Problems drifting on Assetto Corsa PS4 (car snaps back)

So i have been having this problem playing Assetto corsa. When I start the drift, everything works fine, but the problem starts mid drift or at exiting depending on the corner. So basically the car snaps back so hard and with such force that you cannot correct the car.
Let me pause here to address an important matter, I’ve drifted other ppl setups and didn’t have any problems whatsoever.
The main thing is that to keep the drift going, you have to start applying unrealistic amounts of angle and handbrake much more that you should irl, just like you’re trying to spin the car and to exit you have to self center the wheel yourself. And this problem makes linking drifts virtually impossible as it is really hard to be as fast with the corrections as you have to be to keep the drift going.
About hardware, I play on a ps4 fat (the first ones) and I had a g29. First I though it was a wheel problem and bought a t300 but sadly I still have the same problem.
Also tried to clean the usb ports as they were very dirty, but once more that didn’t solve anything. Also tried a different monitor to see if was a latency thing but I experienced the same results.

So I am kinda left without options here and debating to sell the ps4 and buy a pc.
If you guys experienced this and have any sort of knowledge I would greatly appreciate it.

While AC does have some physics issues inherently, a lot of it is just not very accurate car physics in the specific cars themselves and an issue with the vanilla FFB IMO. Almost all of the mods are pretty bad, and the official stuff is lacking as well.

I'd suggest you DL my physics mods which have drift versions, those being the AE86, E30 and FD and download Community Shader Patch and update to the latest, or at least 0.1.51 where a gyro damping FFB effect fix was introduced. I suggest my cars because I roughly know what's right and what's not in them, and they should be sensible enough.

AC has some issues with the stock gyro FFB effect which makes drifting difficult compared to IRL, especially on lower end wheels. CSP 0.1.51 introduced a fix; look into that.

With well made cars and the gyro fix, it should be more than drivable and a bit closer to IRL.

While AC does have some physics issues inherently, a lot of it is just not very accurate car physics in the specific cars themselves and an issue with the vanilla FFB IMO. Almost all of the mods are pretty bad, and the official stuff is lacking as well.

I'd suggest you DL my physics mods which have drift versions, those being the AE86, E30 and FD and download Community Shader Patch and update to the latest, or at least 0.1.51 where a gyro damping FFB effect fix was introduced. I suggest my cars because I roughly know what's right and what's not in them, and they should be sensible enough.

AC has some issues with the stock gyro FFB effect which makes drifting difficult compared to IRL, especially on lower end wheels. CSP 0.1.51 introduced a fix; look into that.

With well made cars and the gyro fix, it should be more than drivable and a bit closer to IRL.

Hey! thanks for the advice. I am curently using my t300 with g29 modded pedals, th8a shifter and handbrake. Have only been drifting for a week now but been having decent success with the DWG (death wish garage) car pack. I talked to a drifter which some of you might know (Nick kats) and he recommended me those because the physics are pretty similar to the ones in his car IRL. Either way i'll give a try to your cars!

I don't know if DWG is any good, never tried it or looked at it but for all I know it is. I wouldn't count on it, but I'm not gonna talk about that.

However, driver feedback, especially drifters, is like, perhaps 5% reliable. A bunch of IRL drifters think Tando is realistic, or a Silvia with 300% wrong suspension curves (So, almost all of them) is realistic. After some point it becomes hard to tell and even professional drivers of the same racecar IRL don't agree how the car handles! Let alone if it handles right in the sim.

"Pretty similar" is like 50% right, so do take it with a grain of salt. :thumbsup:

The only way to really know is to study up yourself and compare the big, important stuff. After those are in place it always becomes an argument with no answer about tires, some aspects of the aero etc. Things you can't really get data on easily.

DWG is your best bet for realism along with the gyro update for custom shaders. i run it on 40% hands down most fun ive had in ac. Want to spice it up if you get used to them the WDT and WDTS cars are more comp style cars where the S is the street cars

DWG is your best bet for realism along with the gyro update for custom shaders. i run it on 40% hands down most fun ive had in ac. Want to spice it up if you get used to them the WDT and WDTS cars are more comp style cars where the S is the street cars
Good one. Last I checked, that pack is as unrealistic as it gets. Formula 1 car CoG heights, bus inertia and the like.

EDIT: And yes, I did check after. P. sure it was this pack.

Last edited:
Good one. Last I checked, that pack is as unrealistic as it gets. Formula 1 car CoG heights, bus inertia and the like.

EDIT: And yes, I did check after. P. sure it was this pack.
damn this guy such a party pooper... just let em know once that its not realistic. at the same time... youre the one who is also playing a GAMEEEEE buddy. relax. superiority complex doesnt sit nice with alot of people. especially if youre on your pc all day answering forums LMAIOOOOO

damn this guy such a party pooper... just let em know once that its not realistic. at the same time... youre the one who is also playing a GAMEEEEE buddy. relax. superiority complex doesnt sit nice with alot of people. especially if youre on your pc all day answering forums LMAIOOOOO
Says the guy who made an account just to post that.

Says the guy who made an account just to post that.
uh... okay my guy. literally started playing asetto last week. but im sure you knew that lol... i wish peolel like you just knew that these forums are for helping people out when they have questions. all you go is just immediatly put em down. go to reddit if you wanna talk ****, be cynical, and sarcastic.

Yeah, he let them know it's not realistic, that's the post you quoted

uh... okay my guy. literally started playing asetto last week. but im sure you knew that lol... i wish peolel like you just knew that these forums are for helping people out when they have questions. all you go is just immediatly put em down. go to reddit if you wanna talk ****, be cynical, and sarcastic.
If you literally started playing AC last week, maybe this is an ideal time to keep your mouth shut and not argue nuts and bolts with people who've been developing high quality content for 7 years.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%