Problems activating rFactor: missing information

The reason I stopped using rFactor all together some time ago was that I could not get it activated on my system after upgrading to Win7 64-bit. With the upcoming WTM Endurance event, I decided it was time to give rFactor another go. I downloaded the full installer from rfactor.net and did a fresh install to C:\rfactor. When I go to start up rfactor I get the typical "Finishing installation" screen, which should then take me to the activation screen, but instead I get the same old "Missing Information" page over and over again. I really don't know what to do about this and would appreciate any help you could provide!

rF.jpg

I received a lightning quick response from ISI to this. :)

The "Missing Information" and "Unable to Connect" errors are typically resolved by deleting the trymedia folder.

1. In My Computer->Tools->Folder Options view tab, enable "Show hidden files and folders".

2. Delete the trymedia license folder located in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data" on Windows XP or "C:\ProgramData" on Vista

3. Run rfactor and you should be presented with the purchase screen. To reactivate your game, please follow the instructions in item #2 at the trymedia customer support center for reactivation.

If this does not resolve your issue, please contact support@trymedia.com for assistance with their activation software.

NOTE:
Although Windows 7 32/64 bit is not officially supported, we have many people using rfactor in Windows 7 32/64 bit without issue. The most common issue encountered is not having full administrator access even with a administrator account. If you encounter problems running under Windows 7, right click on the rfactor.exe (or dedicated exe if you are running a dedicated server) and select "Run As Administrator...". This will help you determine if there is an account rights issue.

John
Image Space Incorporated
rFactor | Technical Support Team

Deleting the Trymedia folder as suggested solved the problem for me and I am now up and running again. :)

I bought this game through bigpond years ago and had problems activating it because the screen would just sit there when activating.

Spent 50 bucks for nothing.

Well the game installed but hthe trouble started when I upgraded to the 1255 patch and it wouldn't activate So I uninstalled it and haven't played it since.

Found my dvd with it on (I bought the downloadable version from bigponds game arena store)and decided to have another try.

Now it just stalls at the activation screen.

50 bux for nothing.

Nice!

rFactor is turning out to be a major pain in the ass, as far as re-activation is concerned. I saved my Trymedia folder on a memory stick prior to reinstalling Windows Vista64 along with all the SP and updates, including drivers on a new SSD drive a few months ago. I'd saved my original e-mail at purchase, so I still had my activation code. I reinstalled the file to it's original location along with the files, only to be greeted by the infamous...'No license renewal left' after selecting the 'already paid' option and inserting all the information requested. I then sent off an e-mail to Trymedia and received the exact same activation code as I already had in my e-mail...(took four days to get it, but at least I had it right?)...WRONG. Same message. A major pain for something I legally purchased. Wow! so damn frustrating.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Oct. 03 02.40.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Oct. 03 02.40.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 349
  • ScreenHunter_02 Oct. 03 02.48.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02 Oct. 03 02.48.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 284
  • ScreenHunter_04 Oct. 03 02.48.jpg
    ScreenHunter_04 Oct. 03 02.48.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 260
  • ScreenHunter_03 Oct. 03 02.48.jpg
    ScreenHunter_03 Oct. 03 02.48.jpg