FM5 Problem with using Xbox headset with Thrustmaster wheel

Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios)
Hey everyone. I followed the instructions on the Thrustmaster website and had it work properly for me once. But now my controller keeps falling asleep and I loose my chat capabilities. Anyone have any ideas. Here is what I have been doing.

Procedure:

Step 1: Connect the headset to your gamepad

Step 2: Power on the console with your gamepad

Step 3: In the console’s menu, log in to your profile with the gamepad.
Step 4: Start up the game

Step 5: In the game, press the A button on your racing wheel

Step 6: Log in to your profile with the racing wheel.
Step 7:
You can now access multiplayer mode with your racing wheel, and use the headset

while playing using the wheel.

Please note:

To avoid the gamepad automatically switching to standby mode, connect the gamepad to one of
the console’s USB ports using the USB cable or the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit.

yea, I have been doing this for a few weeks, but I never considered it that much of a "workaround" since I have to put the headset half in one ear and cover it up with one half of the turtle beach headset. I think there is an adapter for the TB, but just have not been able to get around to buy it yet. Ripoff at $22.

Well after reading my own post I have realized that I wasnt plugging the headset into the USB on the Xbox. I was plugging it into the wall outlet...I am using Astros for a headset with the Headset adapter....and I agree with you its allitle high but money well spent......

I refuse to use my Thrustmaster TX with the pedals that come with it...Im waiting for my CSP adapter from Basherboards......When I plug everything back up Ill try plugging into the Consoul itself and see if this keeps my controller from falling asleep

I have a pair of Turtle Beach G12 (I think is the model) but they don't have the right chat connection wire, so I went to get a 2mm to 2mm wire (the kind with the 2-3 rings around it) and it was too long for the xbox controller adapter!!! WTF? Cant find any solution but to talk in a party withthe xbox headset under my TBs.

I have a pair of Turtle Beach G12 (I think is the model) but they don't have the right chat connection wire, so I went to get a 2mm to 2mm wire (the kind with the 2-3 rings around it) and it was too long for the xbox controller adapter!!! WTF? Cant find any solution but to talk in a party withthe xbox headset under my TBs.
What was to long??...The actual post??....

The prong on the 2mm to 2mm adapter cable (used instead of the headset to wheel chat cable in my old 360...that was too long. Strange, because there seems to be no workaround except to buy Kinect, which I refuse to do.

Short question: Anyone able to chat on the xbox one using a headset (if so which one) and DO NOT have a Kinect?

The prong on the 2mm to 2mm adapter cable (used instead of the headset to wheel chat cable in my old 360...that was too long. Strange, because there seems to be no workaround except to buy Kinect, which I refuse to do.

Short question: Anyone able to chat on the xbox one using a headset (if so which one) and DO NOT have a Kinect?
I think your doing it wrong or Im misreading your post. You can purchase a 3 inch adapter cable that plugs into the headset adapter and the female end lets you plug your headset in.....I think I bought it a walmart or gamestop...I cant remember. I have the Kinect but I dont use it to chat I also am using Astro A50's..hope this helps

I think your doing it wrong or Im misreading your post. You can purchase a 3 inch adapter cable that plugs into the headset adapter and the female end lets you plug your headset in.....I think I bought it a walmart or gamestop...I cant remember. I have the Kinect but I dont use it to chat I also am using Astro A50's..hope this helps

I have the 3" adapter cable that came with the chat adapter that attaches to the controller. When I plug my TB g12 chat cable in (with one ring arounf it) it's dead. So I bought the 2mm to 2mm to substitute for the cable on the TB Headset. No go...it's too long even though it has two prongs and fits otherwise.

I know this sounds stupid but did you try pluging your TB directly to the adapter??...Bypassing the jack that comes with it??...Im not even sure if this is possible since Im not infront of my Xbox. But surely there has to be a solution..There are to many Turtle Beaches out there not for it to work

Xbox-One-Compatability-x12.jpg Did a quick Google search and came up with this found the TB X12 but not G12...maybe you made a type

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 483 39.0%