Problem with Track Texture

I don't have make a copy of the track.. In BTB I see the "normal" street texture not the black texture on the right side of the track, but I see it in rFactor, I don't know why.. Thanks for the reply, any other ideas?

I have similar problems,black squares with objects,i was think that i solved problem, but from time to time black problems returns
Try this,in xpacker go to texture button,in section Path / Name add some letter to turn on save button, save and export your xpack to btb.With this i solved my problem for now,with ground textures,but if someone knows what happens with object ,please write somethyng.
I was discover that when i change name of texture that can create problems,but im not sure for anything now

Try to set these suspect materials as Double Sided (in XPacker or in btb's 'Edit Materials') - maybe some polygons are back faced. Also - check textures for transparency - you don't need any for roads, if there is an alpha channel - delete it and export files again. DDS format always works the best. One more thing is texture names - btb is case sensitive...

Another material setting worth looking at is the Emissive colour. Anything other than pure black will override normal lighting conditions, so it could have been set to 'almost black but not quite'.

There is something wrong with the format. I need to investigate the output from that application close. Maybe it's the mips...
I converted the texture with the one I compiled and it worked fine.

strasse11.dds
http://www.mediafire.com/?xqfn432y8377l

Great thanks!!
Now it works fine, no problems. I also downloaded your DDS Batch Converter, but I see this is for 32 bit systems, do you think it work on 64 bit systems?

Hi everyone !

I'm new in the modding world and I just exported my first track from BTB to rFactor. But whenever I want to load the track I get a gMotor 2 error : Error loading texture texture31 for material roada12.

I'm a real beginner, I searched on the internet and on forums to find out what's my problem but I can't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you :)

The DDS plugin for PS is very good - making bump maps needs some experience and I suggest to save the default profile somewhere - if I was making bump maps, all diffuse maps were broken. So, in that case I had to reload initial plugin settings to save them correctly.
By the way - how to check the number of mip-maps - I switched off the first pop-up window (when opening some .dds in PS) with the option "Load mips" - can't load them anymore (e.g. to see how many of them are inside) ;)

I mean when I make some bump map and after this I want to create some other diffuse (any other, or the same), the diffuse looks very bad - the only solution for me is to load (saved earlier) default profile - the very first I had after installing the plugin. I have PS2, maybe on other versions there are no such problems.
I will try that Crazy Bump, thanks Kyle :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back