problem with timing gates

Well when I go to assign all time points, checkpoints, departure, arrival, pit in, pit out, I want to manually assign, open the manual assignment tab and I get this

what is the problem?

BTB VERSION 0.8 + PATCH

problemaconlostiminggat.png

• HAR_RJ

That BS. I get the same issue and I can't set the timing gates at ALL!!!
The BS part was the reply you got, and this is from someone WE GAVE $70 something dollars too.

That BS. I get the same issue and I can't set the timing gates at ALL!!!
The BS part was the reply you got, and this is from someone WE GAVE $70 something dollars too.
So requesting helpful information in finding a fix is BS.
Are you sure you bothered to read that post at all before you engaged your mouth.

I'm sick of trying to fix this problem.

All I have to say is, i'm thankful I didn't buy BTB before trying to use it.

Timing Gates never works, there is obviously a huge bug in BTB, because i've reinstalled Windows 5 times, I am one of the only people in the world to keep his DirectX updated all of the time, and I've tried .NET 2 and SP1, with no effect.

It is a huge bug in BTB.

I managed to use 0.8.0.2 I think, I have no idea how, because since then it doesn't matter what you do, it doesn't work.

It just throws up Unhandled Exception any time you try to change the Pit Entry, Exit, or Timing Gates.

And that is a fact.

Please investigate and fix this issue, otherwise I can't buy it.

Progress Update

1st Attempt Tonight

Install Windows XP RTM (SP0)
Install Windows XP SP2
Reboot
Install Windows XP SP3
Reboot
Install all system drivers
Reboot
Install BTB (Automatically downloads .NET 2)
Reboot

Run BTB, Import KML, Closed Circuit
Goto Timing Gates, Attempt to move

CRASH

-----------------------

2nd Attempt Tonight

Install Windows XP RTM (SP0)
Install Windows XP SP2
Reboot

CRASH

-----------------------

3rd Attempt Tonight

Install Windows XP SP3 Integrated ISO
Reboot

CRASH

--------------------------

I have proven without a shadow of a doubt that 0.8.0.3 does not work.

At all.

How anyone gets it to work I do not know.

------------------------

I know I am not a paying customer, yet, but I want to be.

Therefore I would very much like a response to this problem, as I am sure 100s of other people would.

This is a massive problem, and I have done tests under controlled conditions proving there is a huge bug.

I look forward to your response.

The only way I get an error moving timing gates if I forget to append track first on a new track which you need to do to create a drive line, which would mean your trying to adjust something that doesn't exist yet.

• HAR_RJ

So requesting helpful information in finding a fix is BS.
Are you sure you bothered to read that post at all before you engaged your mouth.

No. I was talking about the reply that BP gave to someone who was asking a question.

BTW, when did you have to set the fast line, grids, pit lane and etc, before you set the timing gates? That's kinda backwards!?!

So how do you set the grid, pit lanes and garage areas????

No. I was talking about the reply that BP gave to someone who was asking a question.

BTW, when did you have to set the fast line, grids, pit lane and etc, before you set the timing gates? That's kinda backwards!?!

So how do you set the grid, pit lanes and garage areas????
It just sets the driveline like earlier version of BTB had before the AI stuff was added, so BTB knows where the gates are to begin with.
You don't need to do anything besides clicking 1 button to append track, thats why that panel opens first then you can adjust everything else, why is this so hard for you to understand.

It's OK it's fixed now.

I can't believe I went through all that grief reinstalling Windows, thinking it was a problem with DirectX or .NET.

Basically, all of this was caused by the fact that, instead of a dialogue box popping up saying "Amend Track first" - or an automatic amend track when you go into edit the timing gates, it just threw up a crash message.

I think in the sense of being more friendly to users, BTB could automatically do it, or at least show a dialogue box telling you to Amend Track.

As you can see, all this time I thought the program was broken, because it threw up a crash message instead of a friendly dialogue box.

Just a suggestion to improve the software even more.

Thanks for a brilliant program.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing