Problem with textures.

I think the transparent windshield and alpha-coverage trees are interacting badly.

That kind of pattern usually shows up when you have 0 AA or alpha to coverage is working badly
qual_aa.png

On the left here is low quality AA, right is higher quality. You can see the same type of regular pattern in transparency on the left.
The alpha-coverage uses this regular grid pattern to do 'transparency' faster - instead of each pixel being a % opaque, 3 out of 4 are opaque and 1 is transparent. If you have AA on, then it happens at the subpixel level so doesn't show on screen.

@Kimmo Kokkonen
Not sure why you posted those videos but the HD 5850 is a DX11 video card, not DX10.
First video is for Directx 11 and graphics in that video looks the same as graphics in Ville's image. With Directx 11 graphics setted to MAX, second video shows LOW graphics settings with Directx 10...

It seems that Directx cause most of AC Graphics issues so even if you have the best Graphic Card you could have these issues. Never seen any DX issues with Simbin games so too much eye candy costs...

I have GTX 660 and Directx 9.0c and no issues with AC graphics???

My settings
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)
CPU Type: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz @ 3,40 GHz 3,4 GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

So it seems Assetto Corsa fully support only Directx 9.0 ???

Ville should set lower all graphics settings and check what is possible without unwanted effects...

This is my view and settings

View:
2015-03-27_00001.jpg

Settings:
2015-03-27_00002.jpg

2015-03-27_00003.jpg

2015-03-27_00004.jpg

2015-03-27_00005.jpg

Wait for it.............wait for it...............
.........and there it is! ;)
You think you are so smart?

Wait...And here it comes again...

Yes but hey, I never have any DX issues with Assetto Corsa neither but notice that 9.0c is the latest DX installed to my machine so these new DX version causing troubles, right. Also rFactor 1 causing issues with DX but Simbin games never. Simbin is just so good, they have all needed knowhow!!!

Also note! http://www.assettocorsa.net/hw-sw-requirements/

Q: What system requirements are needed to run Assetto Corsa?

Minimum PC requirements:
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 10.1 (AMD Radeon HD 6450, Nvidia GeForce GT 460)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated

Recommended PC requirements:
Processor: AMD Six-Core CPU, Intel Quad-Core CPU
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 (AMD Radeon 290x, Nvidia GeForce GT 970)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated

Last edited:
Yes but hey, I never have any DX issues with Assetto Corsa neither but notice that 9.0c is the latest DX installed to my machine so these new DX version causing troubles, right.

I have DX11, all my friends have DX11, none of us have any issues. So, it's likely something wrong with this guy's settings/system and not a problem inherent to DX11.

Simbin is just so good, they have all needed knowhow!!!

Too bad they can't get their FFB sorted, or make the cars feel different from each other. :rolleyes: They also use DX9 so I'd imagine most machines are capable of handling that old technology.

I have DX11, all my friends have DX11, none of us have any issues. So, it's likely something wrong with this guy's settings/system and not a problem inherent to DX11.

So then what was this video, it shows the same issue Ville have so maybe Ville should lower his graphics settings, my settings also shared. I didn't said that this is a final solution but this could help to find it...
Directx 11 Max graphics settings

Too bad they can't get their FFB sorted, or make the cars feel different from each other. :rolleyes: They also use DX9 so I'd imagine most machines are capable of handling that old technology.

G27 works fine, don't know any issues, default setups always sucks but good settings found, just try harder. Also, does Simbin / Sector3 R3E support your wheel and it should be work but not work, that's weird as they normally test all their work and it's very hard to find any serious issues like this :)

G27 works fine, don't know any issues, default setups always sucks but good settings found, just try harder. Also, does Simbin / Sector3 R3E support your wheel and it should be work but not work, that's weird as they normally test all their work and it's very hard to find any serious issues like this :)

My wheel(s) "function" in R3E, but the FFB feels bad and lifeless and all the cars feel pretty much exactly the same. I've spent dozens of hours adjusting settings, nothing makes it feel right. It looks great, sounds great, but the driving experience is not so great, and IMO that's the most important aspect to get right. I'm not alone in this opinion either (hence the 20+ page thread in the R3E section of people trying to wrap their heads around it and make it feel good). AC has plenty of issues too, but at least the driving experience is good.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%