Problem with textures from SketchUp, to BTB, to rFactor

Hi there!
I created an XPack with something like 80 buildings from Google Earth that I needed for my track (all of them were "optimized" in SketchUp, meaning, I deleted all of the faces that won't be seen in-game to save on loading times).
When I placed them on the track, they all looked fine in BTB, but when I tested the track in rFactor, some of the textures appear as if they are on the wrong side of the face. This means that some objects are invisible when driving forward, but I can see them perfectly in my rear view mirror... or the texture is in the inside-of-the-building face of the wall instead of the outside :frown:

Help please??
Thank you!!!

Did you reverse all the faces in sketchup???? I know this can sometimes cause visual texture problems.......Right click on the surfaces of your object and scroll down to reverse faces make sure their all the visible surfaces are white and not blue.

Did you reverse all the faces in sketchup???? I know this can sometimes cause visual texture problems.......Right click on the surfaces of your object and scroll down to reverse faces make sure their all the visible surfaces are white and not blue.

Thanks a lot!!!
Turns out, a lot of these models were built inside out, with the white faces towards the inside, and the blue ones towards the outside. I flipped the faces, and reassigned the textures, now I see them perfectly.

What I do not understand is why now I am having problems seeing the wrong textures in models that were working perfectly fine before, and weren't modified...??

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 114 13.5%