Problem with T500RS

Hi Guys,

Had a look around the forums and done a couple of searches but nothing. I'm a bit of a Noob to PC Race SIMs and am keen to give it a go so got the LITE version to have a play with. Straight away my Steering wheel is not playing ball. I set the wheel driver to 560 deg and also the in game to the same but the wheel seems to flop one way then the other. Impossible to drive a lap, I saw a VBLOG that said that was a good setting to start with but maybe thats what screwed it up. Any Ideas?? I'll set things back to default (T500RS Control Panel to 900 and GSCE to 270) to see if it makes a difference.

ok

-firstly in the second tab under controller settings, is your speed sens at 0%?

-also get in a f3 car stay stationary and turn wheel, do you feel force then?

-also set in mapping reset FFB to f. press in car.

I certainly cant steer around corners using my finger, the force is too strong.

Sensitivity is at zero. When stationary or at very high speeds the wheel has plenty of weight but everything in between feels light as a feather. It shakes and jerks and rumbles, but no force. I hit the reset FFB, made no difference. The F3 felt slightly heavier than the other formula cars, but nothing significant. Tin-tops feel fine, R3E feels fine. :cry:

I think that's the way its supposed to feel. Maybe rre has ruined you with its ridiculous centre force it used,

I mean mine feels light around the centre but when you get up to speed and the downforce start in effect the weight in wheel does increase dramatically.

just tried a retro and yes that feels much lighter,,

I just cant imagine what the hell is changing this..

the tintops do feel fine,

Last edited:
No, this is ridiculously light. I can't get the Vee around a turn because I can't feel resistance and send it right into oversteer. The Formula's were lighter on my GT3 RS but this is about 10% of what that felt like. I just tried the Camaro and it was somewhere between the touring cars and Formulas, lighter than it should be. So maybe something's wrong with my install, I'll just uninstall it and try again.

I do feel that centering force in R3E now, I never noticed it before.

Edit: just jumped in a touring car and the wheel is so heavy I can barely turn it, using the same exact settings.

Brandon try this.

in controller profile load the t500rs profile already there. That seems to of changed my feel.

Have to remap buttons

That's the one I'm using.

oh ok ive just jumped in the vee. its not how u describe. Its lighter than the tintops but not one finger light.

Have you tried a profile from scratch? Those are what hold the FFb as well as real feel.

I have a bad vibration now when hitting brakes, lol. just alter that in control set.

How do I do that? I've had a lot of other problems too, go to the garage and change something and then go back to the pits and the FFB goes away completely or the engine doesn't start. Have to exit and reload the session. Did a race with the touring cars, turned FFB back to 75 and it felt good in practice. Skipped ahead to the race and FFB cut out altogether. :x3:

yeah I have that glitch too nothing works until restart. There is some code in the ini files, I found out I was using the t500 CRS one which was had overpowered ffb, id brake and the wheel would judder the monitor. So I used the RS profile, and upped the brake FFb code a tad. But sure I didn't have to. Im not sure about your problem. Mine and yours should be the same.

Imagine one of these, ive just never known to have to adjust GSC ffb always been good out of the box

FFB steer force neutral range="0.04500" // Max distance from center "neutral force" location where forces are reduced to help avoid oscillation (0.0 to disable)
FFB steer force neutral function="0.00000" // Function to apply near neutral force location, in order to tune out FFB "deadzone" but keeping oscillations in check: 0.0=original, 1.0=new

FFB steer force output max="1.80000" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0

Maybe something's wrong with my wheel? I don't get that brake shake at all, in any game. On R3E the braking would shake my wheel up and down when I was using the GT3 RS, it doesn't budge on the T300. I'm just going to try a fresh install to determine if it's game related first, if that doesn't work I'll hook up the GT3 RS and see how it feels on that. Something is definitely out of whack though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back