Problem with starting server

[SOLVED]

Hello there. Yesterday I bought AC and I wanna play with my friend, however I have some issues with starting server. Log file says:

"Starting HTTP server on port 8081
Registering to AC central server
[i just cut the adress here to make it shorter a bit]
RESPONSE: ERROR,INVALID SERVER,CHECK YOUR PORT FORWARDING SETTINGS
CONNECTION TO LOBBY FAILED"

My server and router settings are like:
ac.png

Firewall allows everything for acs, acserver, and assetto corsa.

What do I do wrong?

Thanks

Last edited:
Check whether your http port on your router matches the one in your server config file. Some router need to have 2 digit number for http port on router. If yours is like that change it to 80 and save on router then match it in the config server file (Where it will state 8081 but change it to 80). Also you don't need to start ac steam dedicated server - just start the ac server using the ac server manager which is located assetto root folder/server folder/assetto server manager - in the same folder is the server config file - i have mine setup with my router ensuring the port numbers match the port numbers in the server config file.

And last but not least double check your firewall - sometimes windows firewall won't even have the "acserver" in its allow apps list. If this is the case manually do it by looking for the icon that says let another app through (something like that it says) then guide the windows firewall to your assetto root folder/server ac server manager plus do the same again and guide it to the acserver in the same folder.

If still no joy then router port settings assetto must have udp and tcp settings in the router and all to match your server config file etc...

Also use ipv4 number for router - use cmd and then type in ipconfig to get it. The other computer if I remember rightly each pc also needs it's own port settings in the router/server config file which are different to the other pcs as you can't share port in router for lan

Excuse typos etc..

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Very informative for everyone who suffers from same issue.
I checked everythig and everything looked just fine but still with no success to start the server.

However I finally SOLVED the problem! Long story short - I called my ISP and it turned out that by default I can't do port forwarding with my ISP, because (if I remember correct) "our" IP's are private, not public. So my ISP admin changed it for my adress. Server worked right after I pressed "start server" button

So I hope that this topic will eventually help someone elese in future.

Last edited:
Check whether your http port on your router matches the one in your server config file. Some router need to have 2 digit number for http port on router. If yours is like that change it to 80 and save on router then match it in the config server file (Where it will state 8081 but change it to 80). Also you don't need to start ac steam dedicated server - just start the ac server using the ac server manager which is located assetto root folder/server folder/assetto server manager - in the same folder is the server config file - i have mine setup with my router ensuring the port numbers match the port numbers in the server config file.

And last but not least double check your firewall - sometimes windows firewall won't even have the "acserver" in its allow apps list. If this is the case manually do it by looking for the icon that says let another app through (something like that it says) then guide the windows firewall to your assetto root folder/server ac server manager plus do the same again and guide it to the acserver in the same folder.

If still no joy then router port settings assetto must have udp and tcp settings in the router and all to match your server config file etc...

Also use ipv4 number for router - use cmd and then type in ipconfig to get it. The other computer if I remember rightly each pc also needs it's own port settings in the router/server config file which are different to the other pcs as you can't share port in router for lan

Excuse typos etc..
OMG i was trying for 2 days and you solved it!!@!@!@!@ thank you so much i love you and your family

Yönlendiricinizdeki http bağlantı noktasının sunucu yapılandırma dosyanızdakiyle eşleşip eşleşmediğini kontrol edin. Bazı yönlendiricilerin, yönlendiricideki http bağlantı noktası için 2 haneli numaraya sahip olması gerekir. Sizinki böyleyse, 80 olarak değiştirin ve yönlendiriciye kaydedin, ardından yapılandırma sunucusu dosyasında eşleştirin (8081'i belirtir ancak 80 olarak değiştirir). Ayrıca ac steam adanmış sunucusunu başlatmanıza gerek yok - ac sunucusunu, varlıkta kök klasör/sunucu klasörü/assetto sunucu yöneticisinde bulunan ac sunucu yöneticisini kullanarak başlatın - aynı klasörde sunucu yapılandırma dosyası var - benimki var yönlendiricimle kurulum, bağlantı noktası numaralarının sunucu yapılandırma dosyasındaki bağlantı noktası numaralarıyla eşleşmesini sağlayın.

Ve son olarak, en az değil, güvenlik duvarınızı iki kez kontrol edin - bazen Windows güvenlik duvarında izin verilen uygulamalar listesinde "acserver" bile bulunmaz. Bu durumda, başka bir uygulamanın geçmesine izin ver yazan simgeyi arayarak (bunun gibi bir şey yazıyor) manuel olarak yapın, ardından Windows güvenlik duvarını varlığınıza yönlendirerek kök klasör/sunucu ac sunucu yöneticisine ve aynısını tekrar yapın ve acserver aynı klasörde.

Hala neşe yoksa, yönlendirici bağlantı noktası ayarları varlığı, yönlendiricide udp ve tcp ayarlarına sahip olmalıdır ve hepsinin sunucu yapılandırma dosyanızla eşleşmesi için vb.

Ayrıca yönlendirici için ipv4 numarasını kullanın - cmd kullanın ve ardından almak için ipconfig yazın. Doğru hatırlıyorsam diğer bilgisayar, yönlendirici/sunucu yapılandırma dosyasında diğer bilgisayarlardan farklı olan kendi bağlantı noktası ayarlarına ihtiyaç duyar, çünkü lan için yönlendiricide bağlantı noktasını paylaşamazsınız.

Özür yazım hataları vs..
thanks

Excuse typos etc..

nothings workjing for me i still get the same

[02:30:21 ERR] Error during Kunos lobby registration
AssettoServer.Server.KunosLobbyException: ERROR,INVALID SERVER,CHECK YOUR PORT FORWARDING SETTINGS
at AssettoServer.Server.KunosLobbyRegistration.RegisterToLobbyAsync(CancellationToken token) in AssettoServer/Server/KunosLobbyRegistration.cs:line 113
at AssettoServer.Server.KunosLobbyRegistration.ExecuteAsync(CancellationToken stoppingToken) in AssettoServer/Server/KunosLobbyRegistration.cs:line 37
Any ideas how to fix ??????

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back