Problem with some Gauges

I have just recently created a car mod for rFactor, everything is working fine except for two of my gauges, The Oil Pressure and the Fuel Pressure ones.

I have set up the Tacho, Water Temp and Oil temp ones succesfully and they are working correctly in game, however the Oil Pressure and Fuel Pressure ones just don't work, the gauge texture is present the needle is not. I have made sure that they are done the same as the ones I have working, but I just can't get them to work.

The Cockpitinfo.ini file has these entries;

OilPressureRange=(0, 100, 225, 135)
OilPressureBackground=AsphaltLate_OilPressureGauge.tga
OilPressureNeedlemap=AsphaltLate_Needle.tga
OilPressureNeedle=(0.5, 0.5)

FuelPressureRange=(0, 15, 225, 135)
FuelPressureNeedle=(0.5, 0.5)
FuelPressureBackground=AsphaltLate_FuelPressureGauge.tga
FuelPressureNeedlemap=AsphaltLate_Needle.tga

I am stuck on where to look as the other gauges are working correctly and are identical, the only difference with these is that they measure pressure? But that shouldn't make a difference should it?

I know this thread is many many moons old, but I was having the same problem and came across a solution, so I'd like to post it here in case anyone else comes across this and doesn't know what to do.

Depending on your 3D editor, you need to check the gauge's material properties!
I use 3DSimEd209 which is a little old but reliable. I think it applies to newer 3DSimEd versions, too. Here, you hit the part of the dashboard/gauge where the background image is placed, so in your case, the oil/fuel pressure gauge itself. Then, go to the material editor and look for the property "Render Target". If that one's unchecked, check it. Export the dashboard GMT, and check in-game if it works. If it does work, you did everything correctly. If not, then there's something else wrong with the material.
I don't know how it works in ZModeler or Blender or any other 3D editors, but the important property you MUST have checked in order for gauges (and mirrors, too!) or probably even digital displays to work is the "Render Target" checkbox.

Cheers!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing