Problem with RSCenter Menu

I have installed RSRBR 2013 three times now, always on a clean RBR, but keep getting the same fault with the start menu. Both the R and A take me to the registation page, the P takes me to play Alone whilst the C takes me to Public. To get to Championship i have had to create my own shortcut. Whilst this alone is not a major problem i am having problems with the aspect ratio also. It wont set right unless i have Camhack running in the background. I use 1920/1080 res and i'm trying to set ratio to 16/9. On the main page i can alter the FOV but the Set Specific Resolution For This Stage box is also not responding. Has anybody else had simular probs or got any idea's, Thanks.

I have installed RSRBR 2013 three times now, always on a clean RBR, but keep getting the same fault with the start menu. Both the R and A take me to the registation page, the P takes me to play Alone whilst the C takes me to Public. To get to Championship i have had to create my own shortcut. Whilst this alone is not a major problem i am having problems with the aspect ratio also. It wont set right unless i have Camhack running in the background. I use 1920/1080 res and i'm trying to set ratio to 16/9. On the main page i can alter the FOV but the Set Specific Resolution For This Stage box is also not responding. Has anybody else had simular probs or got any idea's, Thanks.
Apologies if this is a dumb question, but have you set 16:9 in Options -> Settings?

Yea but without Camhack running the picture is squeezed and tall, i've try'd all ratio's that are available. It did run ok on 5:4 on one occasion (don't no how) but the next time i ran it it was back to the same tall skinny car's.

Mick, that is a strange set of symptoms.
The aspect ratio being wrong / squeezed is probably due to a setting in the FIxUp.ini file.
I'm using the same monitor resolution as you and I had to change mine to get the distortion fixed.
I'd also suggest turning off Camhack until you get the basics right, Camhack has been known to introduce new issues.

Going back to basics first (just to be sure):
1. Turn off CamHack

2. Double check your Richard Burns Rally.ini file and make sure the resolution set there is correct
XRes = 1920
YRes = 1080

3. In RSCenter, under Options/Settings/ set the Full Screen RBR 3D Ratio to 16/9 (and save it).

Under Resolutions, check that the settings are correct (1920 by 1080).

4. In your RBR install, go to your FixUp.ini file (found under RBR\Plugins) and open it with Notepad.
It should say something like this: (this is my settings)
[Settings]
fullscreenWindow=0
fixAspectRatio=0
fixVSync=1
vSyncActive=1
centerMenu=0
headGasketDurability=0,65
fixMaterialMaps=1
processor=0

Especially check this line:
fixAspectRatio=0

If yours has =1 then change it to =0

You may even want to change it from =0 to =1 if yours is different.

I had to change this line to correct my distorted resolution.
Have a read of the Readme.FixUp.txt file, it explains what each setting does.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks Warren, checked all settings they were all the same as yours except fixAspectRatio, have now changed this to =0 and its fixed the distortion:thumbsup:. Still no idea why my RSCenter Menu is not correct, but can work around that. Might try one more time with a new install to see if it will fix it. Hopefuly i will get back to taking part in Club Rallys on Monday nights, might be tempted to sign up for new Championship. I have been away from RBR for some time but getting the bug again. Need to get some practice in.

Thanks Again.

I must say that I'm somewhat flabbergasted by those symptoms too. I've never ever heard or read about anything like that. But then again, I've never heard or read before that changing fixAspectRatio to 0 (zero) would fix anything. This thread is truly an eye-opener. :)

Mick, I don't know if you've ever checked the md5 sums of the files you've downloaded, if not, I'd suggest you to do so. Hard to see that reinstalling over and over again the same files would eventually change matters.

How to check the md5 sums: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...2-12-patch-2-out-25-12-12.61606/#post-1325849

If one goes through Rallyesim's forums, it's clear to see that most of the issues arise from corrupted files in the end (or Vista/7 or an antivirus software or...). What people may not realise is that quite often the installing process can go smoothly without any visible errors or warnings even when the installer is actually as corrupted as an average MP.

Of course, it's a long shot but still worth looking into. Also, I'd recommend being extra meticulous during installation by turning off things like firewall and antivirus temporarily.

Of course, it's a long shot but still worth looking into. Also, I'd recommend being extra meticulous during installation by turning off things like firewall and antivirus temporarily.

Mick, I agree totally with porridge, I'd recommend re-downloading the main RSRBR2013 installer (don't think the others could affect the RSCenter main page) and confirm the checksum. Then re-install everything (including the Patch) to a fresh RBR but keep your AV turned off for the install.

Finaly got to the bottom of the problem with RSCenter Menu, i have my settings for text set to medium in control panel. I have to set to normal to install RBR i always then reset back to medium. It was this that was making the problem with the interface not working correctly. I will be leaving my settings on norm from now on. What a FAFF :( Thanks again for all help Much Appreciated:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back