Problem with Reiza DLC: VIR Requires "Unknown Base Mod"?

Downloaded the Reiza content and everything installed except for VIR. When syncing in Workshop, I get a message about "VIR requires unknown base mod to be installed".

I already have VIR 0.85 (a separate mod track) installed. Is that the problem or is it something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I tried deleting the VIR 0.85 mod track (using Windows Explorer) and let Steam Workshop re-sync.

But, unfortunately it re-installed what I deleted (VIR 0.85) and displayed the same message about Reiza's VIR ("VIR 1.01 requires unknown base mod to be installed") again.

Any ideas on what to try to get the Reiza VIR (1.01) installed? Are there additional necessary steps to delete VIR 0.85 completely?

Thanks!

make sure you unsubscribe VIR at the workshop and exit steam completely before trying to get VIR re-installed.

Hmmmm....Exactly how do I do that?

In the rF2 Launcher, I click on the "box" (2nd icon from top on left) and I get a list of everything I have installed. " VIR_v085* " is listed and has a checkmark under "installed", but I can't un-check it.

When I click on "Workshop" and search for "VIR", it only comes up with a different version of the track.

Any ideas on how to proceed? (Please be specific.)

Thanks!

Hmmmm....Exactly how do I do that?
Close the rF2 launcher and go to Steam.
In the top menu, under your name you have 'Inventory'.
From there, select the rF2 tab: you will see all the items you have.
Select the VIR track, then you should have a "See in Workshop" button on the right side.
Clicking on the button will get you to the workshop page where you can unsubscribe.
Close Steam, open it back. Open the launcher again: my guess is it will re-download the track from there and install it again. (If not, close again the launcher > Steam > Inventory > See in workshop > subscribe. Then open the launcher again)

Fingers crossed! :)

Select the VIR track, then you should have a "See in Workshop" button on the right side.
Clicking on the button will get you to the workshop page where you can unsubscribe.
Close Steam, open it back. Open the launcher again: my guess is it will re-download the track from there and install it again. (If not, close again the launcher > Steam > Inventory > See in workshop > subscribe. Then open the launcher again)

Nope - No Luck. VIR Version 0.85 isn't even listed in the Workshop (but Reiza's version is). <shrug>. So I can't unsubscribe to version 0,85 from there.

I tried deleting the Version 0.85 files from the "Locations" subfolder, then re-booted the PC, but rF2's launcher just re-installed Version 0.85 again, instead of Reiza's version. :mad:

FWIW, Version 0.85 is a mod originally for AC that was converted for rF2. I don't recall exactly where I got it, but was probably either from RD (here) or from a link in a SimRacing604 Youtube vid.

Any other thoughts? Perhaps I should try "unsubscribing" from the Reiza version listed in my Workshop?

Thanks!

EDIT: SUCCESS!!! I had to first delete version 0.85 files, then unsubscribe/re-subscribe to Reiza's version. Then the rF2 Launcher installed both versions. So now they are both available to me.

Thanks for your help in explaining how to "unsubscribe".

Last edited:

Do you have any suggestions how to get rid of things that are not in the Workshop or my game? Or why my rF2 keeps trying to verify a S397 pack I never bought? It's infuriating.

Every time I launch rF2 and it goes through the Steam sync process, it tries to verify a track that used to be in the Workshop (that's how I subscribed to it!), but has been subsequently removed. It actually tries to sync two versions of the track every time. There is no listing for it in the inventory and the track is not in my game. I have deleted the files under Installed Locations, but they just come back. How can one delete an inventory item that doesn't exist?

The second issue is the same as original poster's with the unknown base mod, but this is for a GT3 pack that I did not buy in the store. I can't keep the names straight, but it's the one with the BMW M8, Corvette, Oreca 07 and 991RSR. I DO OWN the pack with the Aston Martin Vantage GT3, etc. Why is it bugging me every time about cars I don't own? They are, of course, not in my inventory...

As if rF2 wasn't annoying enough to use already without this addition!

Well, they still install locally to the "Installed" folder, just like any other package. The "Packages" folder is basically just a temporary storage, deleting a package from there does not uninstall it from the game.

So maybe check the Installed folder (or rather its subfolders) for stuff that might've been left there by accident.

Well, they still install locally to the "Installed" folder, just like any other package. The "Packages" folder is basically just a temporary storage, deleting a package from there does not uninstall it from the game.

So maybe check the Installed folder (or rather its subfolders) for stuff that might've been left there by accident.

I did. The track that is no longer in the workshop and therefore cannot be unsubscribed to is in the Installed folder. If I manually delete it, the game puts it back again the next time I launch. Hence my frustration that you cannot get rid of something that was subscribed, but is now removed from the workshop.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%