Problem with Mods missing cars

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Mods' started by Greg Latty, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Greg Latty

Greg Latty

Ratings:
    +277
    Well one mod in particular. No matter what I do I cant get the f1 2013 mod to work properly. I only see the Lotus Team and the pace car. No other cars. I checked all of the veh filed and i couldn't locate any problems. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm using the rFactor conversion tool. I've used this tool many times and never had this problem. I also downloaded another f1 2013 mod that was already converted by someone else and its has 8 of the 11 cars showing. I'm clueless as to what files I should be looking at to get the cars to show up. Any insight would me much appreciated. Thanks...

2. Greg Latty

Greg Latty

Ratings:
    +277
    F1_2013_WCP_V1.24 thats the name of the one i tried

3. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +434
    I would suggest making your own rfm and see if that gets them all together.

4. Greg Latty

Greg Latty

Ratings:
    +277
    I can try that but my question why would other conversions work fine but these dont. Especially when all of the files look fine

5. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +434
    I dont know, files could be named wrong, genstrings that arnt right, rfm not right.

6. Marco Versele

Marco Versele
    Hhmmm, yes ... Premium

Ratings:
    +56
    I have had the same problem, in casu when creating a new team, new number with new livery for the Blancpain Endurance Series 2012 mod (downlodable in the GSC Racing Club).
    I copied the #35 Nissan GTR GT3, and named it #110, changed the .veh and the subfolder in \Teams\Nissan_GTR_GT3 accordingly, and created a respective folder in Vehicles\Physics. When in game, I couldn't find my new team, nor the new car or livery.
    Finally I changed #110 in #96 (folder names, files names and in-file text) from the previously created files (without changing anything else), and now it works.
    So the problem was apparently the maximum allowed number of characters to use for:
    - either the file names or folder names length
    - or in the .veh file, in the 'TEAM AND HISTORY INFORMATION' part, the length of the 'NUM=xxx' ('NUM=96BES12' worked, while 'NUM=110BES12' didn't)
    Perhaps you can check and compare lengths at crucial places, and try adjusting them?
    Don't blame me if this is not the problem you have, AND ALWAYS MAKE BACK-UP COPIES of the files you're changing.
    Good luck