Problem with MMG Spa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a complet clean install of rF (due to the other problem I just posted) :), installed the Endurance Mod and MMG Spa 2007.

I can load cars from the mod for a default track but when I try Spa, rF crashed with an error message:

gMotor 2 Error (Window title)
Error loading texture road_bump for material ROADA

Dietmar can you post a picture of your locations folder (and if you open the spa folder is there another spa folder inside?)
I tried 3 combinations:
1) The archive directly to the Locations folder
Error Msg 1: Error loading texture road_bump for material ROADA
Error Msg 2: Error loadong global material ROADA
2) The first Belgium folder into Locations
Error Msg 1: Error opening MAS file SB_SPA.MAS
3) The second Belgium folder into Locations and two files directly to the locations folder.
Error Msg 1: Error loading texture road_bump for material ROADA
Error Msg 2: Error loadong global material ROADA

The error messages change :(

Attachments

• MMGSpa1.jpg
    MMGSpa1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 252
  • MMGSpa2.jpg
    MMGSpa2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 252
  • MMGSpa3.jpg
    MMGSpa3.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 234
I just downloaded the track and pasted in the Gamdata folder and it loaded Correctly. (No errors @ all)

This is how it looks for me

C:\Games\rFactor\GameData\Locations\MMG\F1\2007_Season\Belgium\Belgium

Try deleting the track and redownloading it

I just downloaded the track and pasted in the Gamdata folder and it loaded Correctly. (No errors @ all)

This is how it looks for me

C:\Games\rFactor\GameData\Locations\MMG\F1\2007_Season\Belgium\Belgium

Try deleting the track and redownloading it

Will try again, but did this already yesterday, even from a diffrent location. Starting wondering whether it is about my rF editon, I do have one of these Special Editions 2008, I think the BMW Sauber it comes with is from the MMG mod, isnt it?

Can you maybe show me what is in our deepest Belgium folder?

Its quite amazing how different releases have interpretted this infamous track. The two most extreme versions I can think of are the "2009 F1RL trackpack" and this "MMG 2007" version.

Using the Endurance Series Intersport P1, I can comfortably do 2min2secs laps around the F1RL variant, while I am over the moon if I do a 2min10secs lap around MMG's masterpiece (using the same car setup).

The time difference is all in the fine detail of how the track is portrayed. Contrasts that come to mind include:-
The tightness of the chicane at the end of the Kemmel straight
The tighness and off camber Rivage hairpin
The elevation and camber heading towards Pouhon and then into Fagnes
And of course the 1.08 grip factor in the F1RL! :D

Coming bak to MMG Spa 2007, I'm shocked how little use it appears to get in any public servers. My theory is down to the way it is shown in the Rfactor server browser, "round 14 Belgium" (or something close to that). The first thing that springs to mind is that the track is part of one of those myriad of trackpacks found round the web, when in fact it is a standalone release!

I downloaded the Spa track from Racedepartment. I got the MAS error because I unpacked the zip file to "locations" folder.
Right place to unpack this file is under the main rFactor folder.

Here is my folder list: D:\rFactor\GameData\Locations\MMG\F1\2007_Season\Belgium\Belgium

:peace2:
Jari

• knite_shade

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Change the texture detail (video settings) up to High

The track modeller must not have included medium quality textures.

Just wanted to toss this in here in case it helps:

In my short experience with rFactor I've run into these types of errors when trying to install a mod that was broken during the download process.

A clean download from a reliable source using IDM has done the trick for me in the past.

If it's still a problem after making the changes offered in previous posts, I hope this helps.

About MMG track,
yes,use DX9 is ok,
1: you need in the game,setting,and then push display,set all is full or high quality and on,
2: Now,you can join on this MMG Mod in the server :)

My english no good,I hope this can help want use DX9 people :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%