General Problem with "ks Tyres" material in AC editor and the cockpit mirrors reflection position

Hi everyone,

I'm Cyneo and i'm new in this forum.

I have 2 problems :

In AC editor, when i select "ks Tyres" material for the tyres, i set the material but appear reflexes in a part of the tyre and when the car is ingame, the tyre shows this reflection in the same part of the tyre and when the tyre turns the reflection turns too at the same time with the tyre. this is not a normal reflection of the car. i have tried set the material with several configurations in AC editor, but this reflection than turns with the wheel doesn't disappear. I post this because i don't know what more to do for to get to have this material (ks tyres) for the tyres. (i have tried to use other materials (ksPerPixelReflection, for example), and with this material i have not problem, but i would like use "ks Tyres" material, for to have "txDirty" texture too and so the wheel to be dirty when the car goes out of the road

i have made 2 cockpit mirrors for the car and it works but the mirrors show the images too much to the right and to the left, i mean, the mirrors are not alienated an so i can't see the cars that are behind of me because the mirrors show the sides of the road but not the center of the road.

I put this video for to explain exactly what happens in the tyres of the car :

I hope anyone could help me because it's my first car modding cars in Assetto Corsa and it is almost finish, only need to fix these things and the car will be ready

Thank you very much in advance :)

Looks like an orientation problem with the mesh. Which software do you use to make your 3d models?
First of all, thank you very much for answer.
i'm using Blender 3D version 2.78, and the normals are in the right direction, also i have tried to put other objects with "ks tyres" for to know if the problem is the mesh of the tyres but in all objects that i have tried happens the same, appears this reflection.
i am wondering if the properties of the material in blender affects in this in AC editor, i mean, if i change a option in the material in blender, it affects in AC editor and ingame, or the properties of the material in Blender are omitted in AC editor and ingame ?

Last edited:
Hi, have you tried with normal map texture in txNormal? On the video it seems to be same as diffuse.

For mirrors, did you use mirror_placement.png to align uv mapping of mirrors?

Hi, have you tried with normal map texture in txNormal? On the video it seems to be same as diffuse.

For mirrors, did you use mirror_placement.png to align uv mapping of mirrors?
Thank you very much for answer.

in the video i have the same texture for all textures, but i have tried txnormal texture and the reflection remains, maybe is wrong the normal map texture than i have, i go to check it.

in the mirrors, i have used mirror_placement.png to align uv mapping but maybe are not align well. now I have seen that the texture is upside down , I didn't realize, well, and then in blender, in the uv editor there is the option of mirror, i mean, that the texture is mirrored in the X or Y axe or both (in Blender -> UV Editing -> UVs (options) -> Mirror -> X Axis), is fantastic because the second problem is solved.

Thank you very much a lot :)

now, i only have the problem of the reflection with the tyres.

Edit :

The first problem of the tyres is solved too, it was the normal maps textures than they was wrong. i put new normals textures and the reflection of the tyres disappeared.

The 2 problems are solved.

Thank you very much a lot for your help, a lot :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back