Problem with headlights... shaders blink/flicker.

Óscar Melero

Foxtochop
Hi! I'm running GTR 2 in a Windows 10 x64 machine (up to date).

The thing is, when I go for a couple laps on night time I noticed the headlights of the AI behind me flicker in my car's cockpit. And sometimes my headlights make some AI cars flicker.

I tried with:
- GTR 2 clean install
- GTR 2 v1.1
- GTR 2 v1.1 + Anniversary + HQ mods

It still happens. It's as if the AI is flashing me. Or as if I'm flashing them when I'm behind. Is this some known bug? Thanks in advance.

Same for me, when AI is just behind me by night then cockpit is blinking : there is no shading/gradient when there is a car with headlights on just behind you, it is either on or off so if AI does slalom behind you then cockpit is blinking.
As Shovas, I think it is a bug in game engine and I don't have the required skills to fix that. The only workaround is to set headlights graphic parameter on medium in menu and not high : this way AI headlights will not light on your cockpit and no more blinking.

NB: Official Simbin update v1.1 is already included in 10th anniversary patch, so you don't need to install it. Same for nocd and HQ MODS.

Attachments

• tmp-cam--1083297374.jpg
    tmp-cam--1083297374.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
The only workaround is to set headlights graphic parameter on medium in menu and not high : this way AI headlights will not light on your cockpit and no more blinking.

NB: Official Simbin update v1.1 is already included in 10th anniversary patch, so you don't need to install it. Same for nocd and HQ MODS.
Thank you for the workaround, I'll try it in a few minutes! :)

I didn't know v1.1 comes with Anniversary Patch, thank you for that info too!

@Shovas thank you too man, I'm enjoying your PLR files, it makes GTR 2 seem to be another different game.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 234 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%