Problem with configuring Fanatec CSR wheel

I cannot find anything in particular about my setup anywhere. I purchased GSCE last night and spent 20 minutes and got nowhere trying to configure my wheel. The config screen showed the throttle and brake pedal were depressed already and the wheel was cranked to left all the way. Neither were true. When I attempted to change the mapping of each input it would simply select my left mouse click I used to access the input. Thus I asked for a refund from Steam in my frustration however I would really like to get it figured out and buy the sim again.

At first blush it seems you selecting one step too far. Make sure you if you have a shifter it is neutral.

Also did you try the preset for your wheel?

Last edited:
Need to keep trying because this is arguably the most tried and tested sim out there, it will work and once you get it just works great online and off, beware of mods, use separate install for them, I suggest you stick with RD tested mods. They usually cause less conflict and they are legal.

There's currently a limit of 3 game controller devices allowed in GSC, so make sure you don't have any more than that connected when you start up the game.

I've also found that if I have my Fanatec GT3v2 wheel & Csr Elite USB pedals attached along with my wireless Bluetooth PS4 controller, the keymappings freak out unless I remove the PS4 controller from Windows.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 98 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 74 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 51 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.7%