Problem with AI overtaking/loss of traction in many mods

Good morning,
I have recently approached this fantastic game for the first time.
I ask the more experienced if it is possible to fix the problem concerning the ai which seems to lose traction every time it tries to overtake (I play with the supertourers frm mod).
I also take this opportunity to ask if the draft effect is present and which parameters are going to modify it.
Thanks to those who want to give their contribution.

Good morning,
I have recently approached this fantastic game for the first time.
I ask the more experienced if it is possible to fix the problem concerning the ai which seems to lose traction every time it tries to overtake (I play with the supertourers frm mod).
I also take this opportunity to ask if the draft effect is present and which parameters are going to modify it.
Thanks to those who want to give their contribution.

Yes draft is editble

In your file that like sim_f1 or 24_monza etc the ones that allows you to select cars.

There is a 3 lines containing some part of the drafting..

I am not on my pc right now.
So i cant remember how they are named. Excuse me for that.

But the first one is 0.196
Second is 2.0 and 3th is also 2.0

Second one is effect car in front
3th is effect car behind.

2.0 if you change the first one to 2.2(less effect on car in front)

And the 2nd 2.0 to 1.8 (more effect on car behind) experiment with it but becarefull dont change things with big steps. Just one or 2 at the time and with small baby steps.

And the 0.196 is how much effect it has. Leave this one alone for now

Some tracks have in the aiw file
The line: aidraftthickness most times its 4.0

If changed to 3.0 the effect is lower less kph/mph gained.

If changed to 5.0 it you gain more kph/mph in the draft

Last edited:
Ok thanks a lot for your explanation GP STONER. i will try to set the parameters as you indicated above.

Returning to my main question regarding AI's loss of traction in trying to overtake.

In detail, the AI attempting to overtake from behind gets very close to those in front during braking, with the result that when exiting the corners and accelerating, the car that remains behind seems to skid and waste a lot of time

AI also seems not to go out of line to try to overtake, rather he brakes following the same line as those in front with the result of possible rear-end collisions.

Here too I am asking if it is possible to put my hand to some value to improve these aspects

thanks in advance

1603369760140.png

Ai loses time on exit corners because it dont want to hit the car in front.

A line in your plr file
Called something like ai to ai detection rate default is 20 it can be bumped up to 40 (above 40 will automaticly when gtr2 starts changed back to 40.)

I have mine between 32 and 40.

Also if you send me a pm with the link to the mod i can take a look whats missing or whats not correct.

And maybe we can discord or something.. this way it saves endless typing

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years