Problem when converting an rF1 track to rF2.

I am trying to convert an rFactor 1 track to rFactor 2, I am following spaskis1976's tutorial, doing exactly as he said but for some reason, whenever I load the track in Dev Mode, it just loads a black screen. It loads the scene for a millisecond before the scene just goes black. Any help would be appreciated :)

Just did some AI tests round the track. In the dry, the AI driver set a time of a 0.59.6 but in the wet, the AI driver set a time of a 1.05.2 - So the wet weather does make a difference, but not as much of a difference as it does on tracks like Silverstone, the AI car did still do the lap on Slick tyres, but I guess the reason for this is simply bcos the wet weather model isn't finished, I'm sure on this track the weather will make a bigger difference in future builds. :)

There are a few things you need to look into.
First a major important heads up....

The wet model (as in the reaction of the physics engine to weather) is NOT finished. As the knownissues file in the install folder states, there is only dry and damp. So wet is not an option (yet).

I assume you already converted the complete road surface to Real Road? This is also very important :).

I am not sure how this worked in rf1 (I only started this since rf2), but there is also a wet AI line you should set. Lines are different in the rain, so you need to tell the AI that.

Do the laptimes vary on track with wet and dry? Or is it totally no difference?

I am having trouble working out how to set a wetline, because on tracks like Mid-Ohio, its wet enough for wet tyres but on my converted tracks they use slicks. How do you set a wetline? Any help would be appreciated :)

There are a few things you need to look into.
First a major important heads up....

The wet model (as in the reaction of the physics engine to weather) is NOT finished. As the knownissues file in the install folder states, there is only dry and damp. So wet is not an option (yet).

I assume you already converted the complete road surface to Real Road? This is also very important :).

I am not sure how this worked in rf1 (I only started this since rf2), but there is also a wet AI line you should set. Lines are different in the rain, so you need to tell the AI that.

Do the laptimes vary on track with wet and dry? Or is it totally no difference?

I've also had another problem when converting another track. In Dev Mode, all's fine but when I package the track in the main game, then it says it can't load a particular BMP file. I checked 3d simed and all's fine, everything is directing to what it should. So I have absolutely no idea what is the cause of this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%