Problem when converting an rF1 track to rF2.

I am trying to convert an rFactor 1 track to rFactor 2, I am following spaskis1976's tutorial, doing exactly as he said but for some reason, whenever I load the track in Dev Mode, it just loads a black screen. It loads the scene for a millisecond before the scene just goes black. Any help would be appreciated :)

Did you take the correct AIW file?
It sounds like the car is placed on track, but not on road if you get what I mean. So, its basicaly in the air, and will fall down, presenting you with a black screen. Or perhaps you are located beneath the surface, so also black.

I suspect thats the issue.

You say you followed his tutorial. I remember that he opens the track in devmode, before he adds the real road. I assume this is where you have the issue?

Also whenever I click on the spectator mode camera it crashes to desktop
Did you take the correct AIW file?
It sounds like the car is placed on track, but not on road if you get what I mean. So, its basicaly in the air, and will fall down, presenting you with a black screen. Or perhaps you are located beneath the surface, so also black.

I suspect thats the issue.

You say you followed his tutorial. I remember that he opens the track in devmode, before he adds the real road. I assume this is where you have the issue?

It sure sounds like you done something wrong in copying the cam and aiw files. If you look in the folder in DevMode, which folder is it located? Specify from the locations folder on, so locations/trackname/????

The aiw and the cam file is in the same folder as the gdb and they are in the folder they are supposed to be in. I've just double checked.

It sure sounds like you done something wrong in copying the cam and aiw files. If you look in the folder in DevMode, which folder is it located? Specify from the locations folder on, so locations/trackname/????

I have checked everything, I have checked the AIW, CAM and GDB files are in the right place, I have checked the SCN is locating the right files, still no luck. I may be wrong but I'm starting to think it is some setting that I've got that is resulting in this.

Upload the original rf1 track to mediafire or something. I will download it, and have a look for you to see if I have the same. Will not be tonight though!

What you could try is take a cam and aiw file from Joesville, and put those in. Start the game, and see what happens.
If it loads, and the little box in the top right corner shows the track, but you are not in a correct position, its the AIW and CAM files...

I have tried running it by deleting the AIW and CAM files, cos apparently it puts you to the middle of the track if you do that, but still no luck. And BTW the car doesn't show either, it's just simply a black screen with the editing tools etc. I'll PM you a link to the original rF1 track and a link to the track folder that's in Locations.

Upload the original rf1 track to mediafire or something. I will download it, and have a look for you to see if I have the same. Will not be tonight though!

What you could try is take a cam and aiw file from Joesville, and put those in. Start the game, and see what happens.
If it loads, and the little box in the top right corner shows the track, but you are not in a correct position, its the AIW and CAM files...

Scene viewer, 3dSimed and those kind of programs load the scenery file only. No cam file, no AIW file I believe. One more indication that those are the ones to blaim here.

I downloaded the files, and will see what happens when I open the track myself. Will update again later on.

When u find out the cause of the problem, plz tell me what the problem is and how to solve it so I know how to sort these problems out in the future :)

Scene viewer, 3dSimed and those kind of programs load the scenery file only. No cam file, no AIW file I believe. One more indication that those are the ones to blaim here.

I downloaded the files, and will see what happens when I open the track myself. Will update again later on.

BTW Thanks for your help so far :) I'm looking forward to getting this sorted :D

Just tried getting the AIW and CAM in from the Joesville track and still doesn't make a difference.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! :) I'm now going to tell everyone what is the cause of the problem so if they come across this problem, they can easily solve it. It's the TDF file that is causing the problem, just copy the TDF file from the original rF1 Track and if it says "Error loading (whatevertrack)_Groove, then just go into the TDF file and replace where it is trying to locate to that file and replace it with racegroove.tga. Hope this advice helps :)

Good to hear you solved it.
However, I do not understand how this had happend. Did you not copy the original TDF file initially?

I believe the instruction video does mention this file to be copied ;).

Good luck with the rest of the conversion!

Now the next thing I am trying to figure out is how to make it so the wet weather actually affects the cars because even when the weather is set to "Overcast and Storm" it doesn't affect the drivers, they are on dry tyres and it doesn't make any effect to the cars at all.

Good to hear you solved it.
However, I do not understand how this had happend. Did you not copy the original TDF file initially?

I believe the instruction video does mention this file to be copied ;).

Good luck with the rest of the conversion!

There are a few things you need to look into.
First a major important heads up....

The wet model (as in the reaction of the physics engine to weather) is NOT finished. As the knownissues file in the install folder states, there is only dry and damp. So wet is not an option (yet).

I assume you already converted the complete road surface to Real Road? This is also very important :).

I am not sure how this worked in rf1 (I only started this since rf2), but there is also a wet AI line you should set. Lines are different in the rain, so you need to tell the AI that.

Do the laptimes vary on track with wet and dry? Or is it totally no difference?

Seems like there is no difference because the cars are on slick tires, and they don't slide about or anything.
There are a few things you need to look into.
First a major important heads up....

The wet model (as in the reaction of the physics engine to weather) is NOT finished. As the knownissues file in the install folder states, there is only dry and damp. So wet is not an option (yet).

I assume you already converted the complete road surface to Real Road? This is also very important :).

I am not sure how this worked in rf1 (I only started this since rf2), but there is also a wet AI line you should set. Lines are different in the rain, so you need to tell the AI that.

Do the laptimes vary on track with wet and dry? Or is it totally no difference?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back