Problem - RBR start long time

Hi everyone, I as track modeler and need start RBR several times, all time I losing time when RBR is starting on my "strong" PC machine (Win 7 64, bit i7, 20GB ram, GeForce 760 GTX, original RBR from CD, Eset NOD32 antivirus. RBR starting close to 1 minute long. :O What is funny, on my slow laptop I don't have this problem... Some times, something cresh in RBR (and game to) and after RBR opened in second, but what have impact I no idea? Any solution it will grateful

Impossible to come up with a killer answer, so I'd rather reply with the most obvious questions. You do not have to counter reply, I'm not that interested in answers. Good luck with investigating. :)

1) Does this happen only with RBR?

2) Has the loading time always been like that (since the beginning of the current windows installation) or has it gradually increased over time? When was the last time you reinstalled Windows?

3) I have never heard of that antivirus software. Have you tried to temporarily disable it and then launch RBR? Actually, a lot of different software are known to cause CTDs with RBR, so try to launch RBR as "cleanly" as you can.

4) Any useless processes going on in the background and how many altogether?
- Anything above 70 could be alarming (not a scientific estimate by any means, just porridge-y estimate). To compare: a fresh install of Windows 7 would have about 20-25?
- Concentrating first on the startup programs would be the easiest (and safest) way to cut down on processes. You can see the list of startup programs by running "msconfig" --> Startup tab. You can go through the list with this: http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_search.php. If you see something in there that you consider useless, uncheck them and on General tab check "Selective startup" and reboot when asked.

1 - hard to say, I have many programs, this my work PC so I cant reinstall, Windows and compare...
2 - Yes it's comes all time, with blank install without any patch or updates and so on...
3 - Antivirus is normal trusted programs the same as Kaspersky, but it's comes by default from my work legal software...
4 - this I must to check, ...but strange, that as say before, sometimes, something crech in inner process and all like "on wings", as fast to start...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 453 39.2%