Problem getting track to work

Hello all,

I have a track that I made with Bob's Track builder. I made it for rfactor and it works fine in that game. I am trying to port it over to GTR2 because I like GTR2 better than rfactor. The track shows up as one that game be selected in GTR2. However, when the game tries to load it, it crashes to desktop. The trace file is giving me a message that I have never encountered before and therefore do not know how to fix. I am posting the last several lines to see if anyone can clue me in as to what I need to do. The part I do not understand is the part that says Could not get extents of scene. Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide.

game.cpp 770: Entered Game::Init()
vidman.cpp 1205: Entered VidMan::Init()
searchgrid.c 327: Could not get extents of scene ... numInstances=476
ai_db.cpp 2215: Entered AIDatabase::Init()
steward.cpp 4856: Entered Steward::Init()
hwinput.cpp 6584: Entered HWInput::Init()
specialfx.cp 3694: Entered SpecialFX::Init()

Yes, I get that. I just don't understand what those issues at the bottom of the trace file mean. I was asking if anyone knew what those meant so I could get an idea of what I needed to fix. Thank you for responding. I appreciate it.

Typing this error in Google ... the only thing I found was a link to a 3DSimed pdf ... and here's what's said about this "extents of scene"

Maybe help you.jpg

I don't know anything about tracks 3D but maybe this may give you an idea to what that could mean in your case.

Typing this error in Google ... the only thing I found was a link to a 3DSimed pdf ... and here's what's said about this "extents of scene"

View attachment 482796
I don't know anything about tracks 3D but maybe this may give you an idea to what that could mean in your case.
Jempy, thanks very much for taking the time to post this. I don't completely understand what it means either, but it does at least give me a place to start from. Thanks again.

I have the same problem and still I am missing something.

1. Open .scn in 3dSimEd, export objects and textures to GTR2.
Unpack the .mas files, because not all textures could be exported (animations etc). Move all textures from unpacked .mas to the GTR2 folder, but don't replace. Only add these that didn't exist.

2. Use the generated _output.trk, rename, add SearchPath and links to .gtr masfiles. The _output.trk contains LOD data, the RF .scn does not
Copy the other files (.aiw, .cam, .gdb) from RF version. You may add .grd from another GTR2 track.
3. Replace the RF sky with GTR sky, change Clear=False to true, (it is good to copy the "intro" part from a working track and change the track folder path).
4. Add Response=Vehicle,Sector to sectors and finish.
5. In .aiw set up the position of safety car. The easiest to copy the last gridorder and teamindex from another .aiw (usually they are numbered 103 and 51).
I doesn't matter where the safety car stands, it is important not to stand on the road. Undefined position is read as 0,0,0 so the safety car stands on the middle of the road.
6. There is an app AIW cleaner, but I don't recommend it, because it deletes garage positions.

7. Gdb also requires updates, copy and paste pit order from another track. The number of teams must match the start grid. So if you have the grid for 40 cars, there must be 20 pit order lines.

And still after a hundred times of trying, I managed to convert only 2 RF tracks. The track is loaded but everything is messed up. I don't see my car, I can drive only from cockpit view, the road ends and disappears. Other objects too.
It may be a question of cameras ... or a different incompatibility that requires a lot of work.
It was so simple in BTB Evo.

abrimaal & Braddw25

I'm happy to look into this.

1. If you send me your project from BTB Pro, I can put it in BTB EVO and export it to GTR2 and send it back to you.

Or,

2. If you send me your GTR2 conversion, I can look at it and see what you have missed.

Sometimes you need to re do the AIW file in rFactor.

Thank you very much for offering to take a look at my track. I don't think I have the BTB files on an old computer that has a dead power supply. I can send you the GTR2 conversion though. How would you prefer that I send those files to you? Thanks again for being willing to take a look at it for me. I appreciate your help.

Bradd

Thank you very much for offering to take a look at my track. I don't think I have the BTB files on an old computer that has a dead power supply. I can send you the GTR2 conversion though. How would you prefer that I send those files to you? Thanks again for being willing to take a look at it for me. I appreciate your help.

Bradd
I use Mediafire, but any file sharing site should be ok.

ZIP it up and send me a link via PM.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%