Problem: cant load old project in RBR

My project does not work when is exported to RBR. (in rFactor works fine)
It's the same project previously worked with the version of BTB 5.xxx and now 6.04 RBR is OK because If a sample track from scratch is exported to the game,. works perfectly.

The CRASHDUMP.TXT
---------
exceptionhandler called( RICARDO_2009 03 28-02 59 46.dmp )!!
--------------
The DMP file is here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AAY6F43C

Im so tired :-(

• jharro

i have the same problem and i´m runing on XP 32
here the dump file
http://rapidshare.com/files/214803485/destrudio_2009_03_28-06_42_09.dmp.html
but i can´t open any symple BTB proyect.

i can't seem to find the problem. please try the last patch piddy just posted and if the problem persists please upload the crash dump along with the log.txt from RX_CONTENT\TEMP\ and also zip and upload your exported track files (the content of RX_CONTENT\TRACKS\BobsTrackBuilder basically).

i have the same problem.... i don´t know what i doing wrong, as i say i can export any simple proyect since 0.6 to RBR, my RBR soft allways works fine, under XP and vista.... BTB runs fine on both... i think better in vista, but for some reason i can´t export any simple proyect to RBR... Rfactor works fine and i can drive all my BTB proyects on Rfactor.

i do every thing twice, install vista, go to xp, reinstall every driver twice, and it dosent work.

here a shot from a simple proyect to test 0.6.0.5

2m3p6dk.jpg

and here is the dump file, exported version and BTB venue.

http://rapidshare.com/files/215024019/BobsTrackBuilder.rar.html

i´m not runing original RBR soft.... i´m waiting to have my original from the web, it´s not easy to find RBR acctually, but i think i got it. next week.

when it starterd to happen i never see again the RBR load picture that i used to see with my track name instead coste de abroz.

now i see the blue screen for tree seconds and go to desktop or have a bluescreen forever.

other strange thing.... before that, i wasn´t runing RBR original, and have RS08 and a lot of mod installed on RBR... it woks fine, and i remember RBR didn´t show me the intro video... only the first time i play it.... rigth now RBR show me allways the intro video, i´m a bit paranoid sorry about that. i really dosen´t kwon what i can do.

• jharro

your track loads with no problems here. the only problem i see with it is the first pacenote which should be a little bit in front of the car but that is NOT a cause for crash, it will only cause bad timings at the end of the race.

you say you don't run original RBR... i'm not sure what you mean with that but the thing is you MUST have a clean RBR install, patch 1.02 and latest DirectX.

i cannot tell you what will happen if you are using modifications, the plugin doesn't check, change or depend on other files except what is in RX_CONTENT.

the plugin cannot and will not change your intro video settings or any other settings or files actually so it must be something else.

i've never used RS08 so i don't know in what way that may affect the plugin but is possible, i'm sorry i can't fix an error i don't see :(.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 249
I work all this week end with a lot of backups with the "deleting-testing" method LOL, this is my partial solution.
I clear all the terrain and create a new one and its work in RBR..................But RBR now show half of the objects.
I check everything with an XML editor and all seems be OK.

I am seriously thinking to delete everything and start a new project​

• jharro

I work all this week end with a lot of backups with the "deleting-testing" method LOL, this is my partial solution.
I clear all the terrain and create a new one and its work in RBR..................But RBR now show half of the objects.
I check everything with an XML editor and all seems be OK.

I am seriously thinking to delete everything and start a new project​

your problem may be different from liquido's and i thing it would be better to atleast try to find what's wrong before taking big decisions.
please upload the crash dump, the log.txt and the track files at rapidshare.
it would also help if you tell what OS and hardware are you using.
thanks.

your problem may be different from liquido's and i thing it would be better to atleast try to find what's wrong before taking big decisions.
please upload the crash dump, the log.txt and the track files at rapidshare.
it would also help if you tell what OS and hardware are you using.
thanks.

Only upload the BobsTrackBuilder folder from RX_CONTENT/Tracks ????

your track loads with no problems here. the only problem i see with it is the first pacenote which should be a little bit in front of the car but that is NOT a cause for crash, it will only cause bad timings at the end of the race.

you say you don't run original RBR... i'm not sure what you mean with that but the thing is you MUST have a clean RBR install, patch 1.02 and latest DirectX.

i cannot tell you what will happen if you are using modifications, the plugin doesn't check, change or depend on other files except what is in RX_CONTENT.

the plugin cannot and will not change your intro video settings or any other settings or files actually so it must be something else.

i've never used RS08 so i don't know in what way that may affect the plugin but is possible, i'm sorry i can't fix an error i don't see :(.

i think i have a corrupt RBR install, or something like that.

thank for your time and help... i think is my problem, im doing something wrong :$

please, one more time.... can you open that exported project?

http://rapidshare.com/files/215156454/montes.rar.html

thanks.

• jharro

it works perfect from start to finish. i hope you'll be able to get RBR and continue your work because your attention to details, specially to the road camber is most probably the best i've seen so far.

liquido, I was also able to run it on a clean RBR install looks real nice!

very nice with the cambers =) but do you have a crown on the road? I've seen a minimum of 6.5cm/m (if I'm doing my math right :) - 0.02ft/ft) as a standard on a US rural paved road... http://www.kingcounty.gov/transportation/kcdot/Roads/EngineeringServices/RoadStandards2007.aspx

is there any info like that available for italy?

Thank you for reply.

please tell me that with easy words... my english is poor and i take more than 30 minutes to "understand" what we are talking about... :$ at first i was thinking about people :)

i think you are asking for that.

oa6nnt.jpg

I mean the crown as vertical curb of the road.... it´s true?

i set 4cm of minimun value in all roads, you are talking to set 6,5cm as minimun value.. isn´t it?

• 42Cliff

sorry, I did silly math. :der: :der: (I did math when I shouldn't have :der: - slope is a ratio 0.02ft/ft = 0.02m/m)

yes, that's exactly what I was talking about.

its 0.02m/m so a 3m lane would have a 6cm drop minimum (tarmac)

for gravel they call for 0.03m/m drop minimum

here, they did a pdf of all the road cross-sections here:

http://your.kingcounty.gov/kcdot/roads/eng/kcrs93/DrawingsSection1-000Roadway.pdf (.pdf 3mb)

found another 2% seems standard for tarmac (0.02m/m) this is from california and is in metric too:
http://www.myhamilton.ca/NR/rdonlyr...-BE50-E2E53948D8FB/0/StandardRoadDrawings.pdf (.pdf 9.6mb)

I can't find any specs from europe, don't know what to search for :tongue: and can't find anything about tarmac mountain roads .. but maybe it will help someone.

• 42Cliff

catrasca, you can see/adjust the width with the surfaces editor as above^ note the X,Y coordinates of the node that represents your edge of the road (I use surfaces for the ditch/berm in RBR)

those X,Y numbers are from the centerline btw.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 94 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 473 38.9%