Problem - audio delay in playback device windows 10

Freakinbananas

Eat my dust - Race addict
Premium
Hey Sim fans!

I have a problem I can't fix unfortunately.

I have been using my second audio card in my pc for a while to run my 2 bass shakers on my simrig. And the other device I used to playback the audio was my oculus rift cv1 earphones. I could set up this option in oculus home settings or steamvr settings. The earphones are not working anymore so I had to throw them away. I want to play without vr at the moment and I have to use my Samsung 5.1 surround set to playback my audio. And to set up this I had to do some steps in the audio settings in windows and it works not good. I have a delay in the audio around 1 or 2 seconds before it's plays back to my surround set.

I tried a lot of things already:
- let windows search for audio solutions.
- reinstalled the audio drivers for my second audio card.
- disabled option of audio enhancement
- downloaded latest driver from the website for the audio card
- checked playing quality set on cd quality for default and playback device.

The second soundcard is an Asus xonar dgx card that is connected to an amplifier for the 2 bass shakers. My surround set is a Samsung 5.1 surround set and is connected with hdmi to my TV in the ARC. The Samsung TV is then with hdmi connected to my pc.

When I use mirroring audio within the steamvr setting then the only audio I can play that is in sync is when a person talks.
With mirroring in windows settings it still have a delay with the same audio.

I hope this is enough information to have an idea what the problem is maybe.
Thank you very much if someone could help me!

Greetings Leroy

"Stay safe and simrace!"

Last edited:
Could it be a delay caused by the ARC settings on the tv perhaps?

Are you able to check those settings in the TV menus and make sure they are as low as possible. There was some talk of this being an issue on some Samsung tvs so you could look in that area.

TV Audio Lag

Could it be a delay caused by the ARC settings on the tv perhaps?

Are you able to check those settings in the TV menus and make sure they are as low as possible. There was some talk of this being an issue on some Samsung tvs so you could look in that area.

TV Audio Lag
Thank you for your help! I had to change the delay in the delay option of the Samsung tv,it helped indeed a little.
now instead of 2 sec its 1sec delay. So it's an improvement!

That

I'm glad that helped. Now you just need that last second to get where you want to be. Something like a qualifying session :D
Om my freakin bananas!!! I just figured it out!! my problem is solved. I was watching a video to see how much the delay there was and I saw a number that said 166ms of minus delay.
So I checked on my amplifier if I could change the delay for the default audio and I could set it to 166ms and I immediately heard this perfect synced music of house music coming out. I wrecked my room of dancing after haha

At least I conquered that last second :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing