Pro-Sim H pattern shifter.

RCHeliguy

Premium
I almost pulled the trigger yesterday.

My only real complaint with the Fanatec CS 1.5 shifter is that I can't tighten the self center spring. I get over exuberant and go from 2nd to 5th sometimes.

However I understand the Pro-sim feels a lot better in most ways in addition to having fully adjustable center spring tension and engagement tension.

Does anyone have first hand experience comparing them?

I've seen Barry's review in Sim Racing Garage on YouTube. He seems pretty enthusiastic about it.

Enjoy.
The only minor grumble I've had is that the centering spring adjustment has required bme to tighten it a few times. I may use some loctite on it.

Otherwise it's been perfect.

Upvote 0
Man-oh-man I'd love one of these shifters (especially the super sexy black version) - but alas the man maths went to pot when adding in VAT - and that now essential (IMO) lockout box.

For the same amount as the VAT (or lockout box?) on one of these bad-boys, I bought a FREX H-pattern. Its really good, but will always be relegated to 'second-best' shifter - right Barry? ;)

Oh well, we cant all be married to super-models

Upvote 0
I bought a FREX H-pattern. Its really good
I probably would have ordereda FREX also if this deal hadn't popped up. I always tell myself not to go into the sell/trade section so I won't buy stuff, I went in for the first time in several months and came out with a prosim shifter!

It's really good though, I've been exclusively driving advanced MX5 and sim-lab production challenge (Mustang) on iRacing over the last few weeks, it's just so much more believable and engaging now. Paired with the sfx100 you even get the lurching at low speeds and snap back when you pop the clutch. I've always driven RWD manual cars on the street (and track) so it fits for me. Very happy with it. Now I'm thinking about a new shift ball.. I have one of these sitting around, gotta figure out how to get it onto the shifter.. maybe a 3d printed adapter?

Upvote 0
Thread adapters were provided when I got my knob shifter. Using the socket head cap screw that came with the shifter, I added a washer and bolted the adapter to the shaft. Then screw the knob in place, don't forget the blue locktite. Shifting feels great with a bit of dampening from the knob.

Attachments

• 20210420_152414.jpg
    20210420_152414.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
I actually did a tinkercad and printed out an adapter. My shaft doesn't have any threads on the outside, only the inside for the bolt to hold the original shifter ball on. With this adapter I was able to slide the bolt through it and bolt it to the shifter, and then thread the shelby knob on top. Works great!

Attachments

• 20210420_185204.jpg
    20210420_185204.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_20210420-185338_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210420-185338_Chrome.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 114
Upvote 0
From their FB page from last month.

While I'm looking forward to an email notification. If they found a failure and decided to beef it up a bit to prevent it, I'm glad they are still testing and even if it didn't fail, I'm glad they are testing.

1624966012105.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's very promising, keen to get 1..and I'm assuming the unit came with all mechanical parts pre-lubed
Yes there is grease in there.

I did replace the 4 black metal oxide bolts that were top front with SS bolts and the spring will likewise show a bit of corrosion if you don't rub it with a bit of WD40 occasionally.

Upvote 0
Hello guys,

I have that shifter for about 4 years and since this morning, one gear doesn't work anymore. in my option, the light is still on for that gear, no matter it is engaged or not, i think i have to open it and clean it up.

Does anyone has ever had this issue ?

Thanks for everything, William

Attachments

• shifter.jpg
    shifter.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0
Hello guys,

I have that shifter for about 4 years and since this morning, one gear doesn't work anymore. in my option, the light is still on for that gear, no matter it is engaged or not, i think i have to open it and clean it up.

Does anyone has ever had this issue ?

Thanks for everything, William
I don't have this shifter. but I would check if a magnet got loose. and got stuck near the 7th gear Hall effect sensor.
This is my bet.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If you want to prevent corrosion on metal I'd suggest using Boeshield T-9.

100% agree. I used Boeshield in 2008 when I moved overseas to a much warmer and more humid climate. I put it on a whole bunch of hobby machinist tools and equipment that have been in storage (here, in the warmer/more humid climate) since then. I opened them all up about a month ago, thinking there was going to be some issues after that long. Nope, they are like brand new. Absolutely great.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back