Pro-Sim H pattern shifter.

RCHeliguy

Premium
I almost pulled the trigger yesterday.

My only real complaint with the Fanatec CS 1.5 shifter is that I can't tighten the self center spring. I get over exuberant and go from 2nd to 5th sometimes.

However I understand the Pro-sim feels a lot better in most ways in addition to having fully adjustable center spring tension and engagement tension.

Does anyone have first hand experience comparing them?

I've seen Barry's review in Sim Racing Garage on YouTube. He seems pretty enthusiastic about it.

If you can afford it, why not? My advice: buy it, it will surpass every H shifter on the market.
I could tell about another shifter with active lockout, even with Simhub connection, that's about to hit the market soon, but unfortunately I can't tell anything about it because I don't have 50 euro per month for a vendor account here and I get silenced every time otherwise. :(

Upvote 0
I have the Pro-Sim H-Pattern and am very, very happy with it. I bought it after I had two Fanatec's fail in a row, missing grears both times, causing blown engines and ruined races. Yes, it is expensive, but it is worth it if you drive H-Patterns enough (which I probably don't). I do drive a lot of Skippy and Radical with a sequential shifter, but Pro-Sim has been out of stock on both of their options for well over a year and have stopped responding to my repeated inquiries to buy one.

Here is what my setup looks like and, despite there being 20k worth of toys attached the H-Pattern is what always blows people away when they try it out. Not the G-Seat, not the heavy tactile feedback or the screen or any of it. It really stands apart from everything else.

Upvote 0
I was looking at this video and I just realized that they are not doing this the way I expected at all. I assumed they would rotate the side tensioning screw that you use to adjust how much effort is required to put it into gear. But as I think about this, that would be a bit fiddly and might cause undo wear on that mechanism.

Running external to that adjustment screw likely allows them a lot more control and less chance of binding up the internal workings and if it were to break, you could detach it quickly and easily get normal operation back.

The exchange rate against the pound is pretty good these days if they were to release this any time soon.

Upvote 0
I'm linking a video of them testing their hydraulic lockout feature. Their Facebook post says "Test run with our hydarulic lock out cylinder mounted to one of our H patterns. We have the first batch of cylinders all machined and tested we now are finalising the software and performing endurance testing before release, there is no firm date on this but we are getting a lot closer now!"

Any news for th new model?

Upvote 0
The shaft has no threads and a screw at the top, so you will need an adapter. However you won't see adapters to fit the Pro-Sim shaft.

Below you can see a threaded adapter top, and then an adapter that was bored out to the right diameter on a lathe. I ordered a larger recessed bolt that fit the top of the adapter and the internal threads of the Pro-Sim shaft.

knobParts_5261.jpg

So the bottom line is that it can be done. The heavier Raceseng shift knob dampens out the internal mechanism a bit and makes it feel a bit more realistic not to say it felt bad before, but I really like this shift knob combination. It feels very nice.

NewKnobInstalled_5262.jpg

Attachments

• knobAdapter_5257.jpg
    knobAdapter_5257.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back