Pro-Sim H pattern shifter.

RCHeliguy

Premium
I almost pulled the trigger yesterday.

My only real complaint with the Fanatec CS 1.5 shifter is that I can't tighten the self center spring. I get over exuberant and go from 2nd to 5th sometimes.

However I understand the Pro-sim feels a lot better in most ways in addition to having fully adjustable center spring tension and engagement tension.

Does anyone have first hand experience comparing them?

I've seen Barry's review in Sim Racing Garage on YouTube. He seems pretty enthusiastic about it.

I'm really happy for you guys who have bought one, but I honestly can not believe that you would spend £1200 on a gear shifter!!! :confused:

I am toying with the idea of upgrading my perfectly serviceable T500RS for a £600 DD wheel base, but can't really justify the money. But £1200 on a shifter...? :O_o:

Actually if you are in the UK it comes to £1485.23 (including VAT, shipping and an "admin fee" !?! )

Thanks for the colour photo too, I was curious to see what parts had been left red as the product page mentions the shifter surround is now silver.

Upvote 0
Please don't get me wrong, I wasn't criticising you for spending that much on a shifter... I just can't believe that anyone makes a shifter that costs that much (and that people are prepared to pay it) :confused:

To be fair, I spend 90% of my 'sim time' making tracks and only 10% of my time actually driving. If I spent more time behind the wheel then I might be more inclined to spend more on my gear :)

You might be shocked at how little time I spend using my sim rig. Maybe once or twice a week, some weeks none. When I don't have time for it, usually I'm doing something else I enjoy so it's not an issue and it means it will take me longer to get satiated with this.

However when I do take time to use it, want the experience to be really good.

Right now I'm spending a lot of time in Dirt Rally in VR and I'm rowing a lot of gears! I really enjoy that game and am looking forward to Dirt Rally 2.0 getting VR support so I can try it out. Many people have remarked that the CS 2.5 is a great match for Dirt Rally and it is harder to get the same feel with DD wheels.

This probably explains why the DD wheel is less of a priority for me right now. If I can ever get into racing on a track, and I think it will happen as I'm learning more about and starting to appreciate it for the first time. I'll likely suddenly feel the itch to get a DD wheelbase when I spend more time on asphalt.

Upvote 0
Just got the tracking email. It arrives Monday morning :)

I also got an update on the hydraulic shift lock and they hope to release it at the end of the summer.

They are putting a lot of effort into making the lock feel realistic. My understanding is that you will be able to map your clutch pedal with software so that the lock will engage and disengage smoothly like a real clutch. There is a plug on the side in front of the shift to support this feature so I'm assuming it won't require an additional USB port. It looks like it attaches directly to the tension adjustment mechanism which only makes sense. I'm guessing that we will end up loosening that adjustment and allowing the hydraulic drive to completely take over, but that is only a guess.

When I asked about this in January they said that were going to start testing in February and that it was tricky to get it to feel realistic. Hopefully they achieved that goal with flying colors.

Edit(6/17): There was a paperwork issue, so my package is sitting in KY for the moment. They are working on resolving that issue. (Issue now resolved) Tuesday morning delivery.

How they categorize the shipments is funny.
My Heusinkveld controls were categorized as "children playground equipment & Automotive".
My Pro-Sim Shifter was categorized as "Data processing equipment"

In both cases I ended up talking to a person at Customs to explain what was in the package. I actually had this person Google Pro-Sim H patter shifter. She told me that it looks like I have a more exciting life than she did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The centering tension is now perfect.
The engagement pressure is now perfect.
The stick height, cant and fore/aft angle feel great.
The stick extension provides just enough throw in the bottom position to feel perfect.
The reverse spring feels better than the one on the Fanatec shifter. Definitely not too strong.

It feels great!

ProSimHpattern_4159.jpg

ProSimShift_4158.jpg

Upvote 0
BTW I've seen much more solid looking mounts for this control, but it feels solid as a rock.

There are 3 angle brackets holding the 40x80 piece to the vertical wheel support.
There are 2 angle brackets holding the small 40x40 piece on the right front. There is another angle bracket on the left front, and one bolt into the 20x80 at the left rear.

I may add an additional support in the rear, but like I said it already feels very solid with no flex I can feel or see.

Upvote 0
I got mine the other day, and man it's a beauty!! :geek:

I also have the Fanatec SQ 1.5, and after trying the Pro-Sim the SQ feels kinda hollow.
The SQ 1.5 is still a great shifter for the money, and I will still keep it to use on my left side in right hand side cars.
But yeah the Quaif feels awesome, and the sound of it is sooo nice! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This is one of those examples where hardware clearly overrides software by a lot. I mean I don't find very logical to send all that money considering how poorly H shifting is simulated in all games.

Upvote 0
This is one of those examples where hardware clearly overrides software by a lot. I mean I don't find very logical to send all that money considering how poorly H shifting is simulated in all games.
I understand you, but you are forgetting a very important detail. The H Shifter isn´t there just to send input to the game. Is there to give you feedback. If the games don´t have a good integration of shifting, doesn't mean you cannot have a hardware to "make up" for this problem. This is just pretending... And for that, you need to pretend on the Hardware side. Sim racing is just simulating the reality... How much and how you simulate, is another question.

Upvote 0
I just bought this shifter. I really debated on this decision because it is an example of, point of diminishing returns. But it is using real racing engineering/parts. It will add to the immersion factor. It's a real motorsports shifter. So with this shifter(this is what made me finally decide to buy it) you can shift, go thru the gears, drive/race as hard and fast as physically possible all day long and have absolutely no worries about damage.
If you think the price of this shifter is crazy. Try buying their pedals in the USA with conversion rate of USD to Pounds. No lie when friends and family ask about the price of the shifter and pedals. (Everyone of them did lol) I'm embarrassed to tell them, lol.

Upvote 0
Also to add Pro-sim posted a video. I can't remember where I saw it. But It was late last year. From that video post I got the impression their close to releasing the clutch/gear lock out add-on soon.

Upvote 0
Also to add Pro-sim posted a video. I can't remember where I saw it. But It was late last year. From that video post I got the impression their close to releasing the clutch/gear lock out add-on soon.
What was the total cost including the shipping, processing fee and conversion rate? I am curious because I am very tempted to jump in with this.

Upvote 0
I was wondering what his to the door cost was since he just made the purchase. Did they slap a customs charge on yours?

When I ordered mine in May 2019, there was £85 shipping and £35 “admin” fee, on top of the list price. Nothing else. No duty fees in my case. Arrived very quickly, only took two days to me in the US.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back