GT6 [PRL] FIA GT3 Series Testing

PRL GT3 Pre-Season Testing

2.jpg

So, here it is, pre-season testing for the Professional Racing League. There will be three official testing sessions that will amount to around two hours long each that are not all mandatory but will obviously help with your racing season. You must make sure that the car that you have chosen is within the legal limits for weight, power, performance points, and drivetrain. These parameters are displayed in the main PRL thread. Once again I remind you that the cars allowed in the championship are, the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3, the Audi R8 LMS Ultra, the Nissan GT-R GT3, the BMW Z4 GT3 and the Ferrari 458 Italia after adaption with aero parts, brakes and other required parts.

The first test will be held at the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit and will consist of one hour of dry running and one hour of wet running. This will give all the drivers that attend the session a chance to get used to their cars in both extremes of the weather. The wet weather will be initially extreme wet around the circuit, with sufficient need for the Racing Wet compound tyre. This surface water on track will then reduce and this will give the drivers experience in a drying track. Once the first driver fits the Intermediate tyres, the window to change is open. This rule is only in force during testing.

The second test will be a dry test at the Autodromo Nationale Monza of two hours with all dry compounds allowed to be tested. The final test will be the same as the first but at the Spa-Francorchamps circuit. Throughout testing, practice session rules apply. Drivers must respect track limits and must not block other drivers. If a driver is on a flying lap, they have the right to continue ahead of others, and may overtake others like in a race situation, however, they must not block.
Test One - Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
Silverstone map.jpg

Participants:
@Andrew Holmes - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
@Connor Caple - Nissan GT-R GT3
@Darren Holmes - Nissan GT-R GT3
@P Cortes - Ferrari 458 Italia
@Richard Coleman - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
@Sakis Politis - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3

So, it seems that before the start of the first testing session of the season, the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 is the favoured choice in the paddock with three of the six drivers using the Mercedes throughout the test at Silverstone. Car setup will be key in this test, and a baseline setup may be what the drivers are looking for going into the second and third tests if they can make it. Darren Holmes and Connor Caple will use the Nissan GT-R entry while Pablo Cortes will be alone in the Ferrari 458 Italia.​

Monza track map.png

Participants:
@Andrew Holmes - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 | BMW Z4 GT3
@Rui F. Martins - Ferrari 458 Italia | Nissan GT-R GT3
@P Cortes - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 | BMW Z4 GT3

trackmap-spa_420x446.jpg

Participants:
@Andrew Holmes - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
@Rui F. Martins - Ferrari 458 Italia | Nissan GT-R GT3
@P Cortes - Nissan GT-R | Audi R8 LMS ultra

The dates for these tests will be Saturday the 12th of April at 17:00-19:00 GMT, Saturday the 19th of April at 17:00-19:00 GMT and Saturday the 26th of April at 17:00-19:00 GMT. If you can make one, two or three of these tests, please sign up below with your name, PSN ID, participating car and which tests you can make. If you cannot make the start time you can join the session half way through. Thank you! AMH_Racing [Andrew Holmes] will be the host for the tests.​

Last edited:
Early starts for me here in New Zealand. Those times are 6-8am here. On a Sunday. Ahh well :D

Richard Coleman - Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 - devilracer87

Confirming I will be there for all 3 test days. I'll need them :D

Ill confirm a colour for my car before the first test.

Edit: Those times were factoring in daylight savings. That finishes this weekend here so that makes it 5-7am. Call that dedication or what?

Another edit: Car colour is Lapis Lazuli

Last edited:
i think i will be able to join at least 2 of the 3 test sessions, although i'm not sure yet what car iwill choose, i want to test the ferrari and the sls yet, will the test sessions be run in practice mode or will they be in race mode?
if in practice mode are we alowed o change the cars during the session?
Rui Martins, Rfm577, 1st and 3rd test session, not sure about the 2nd one

EDIT: i will be using both Ferrari 458 and Nismo GT-R in, at least, the first test session

Last edited:
i think i will be able to join at least 2 of the 3 test sessions, although i'm not sure yet what car iwill choose, i want to test the ferrari and the sls yet, will the test sessions be run in practice mode or will they be in race mode?
if in practice mode are we alowed o change the cars during the session?
Rui Martins, Rfm577, 1st and 3rd test session, not sure about the 2nd one
The test session will be run in Practice mode, therefore you can enter any of the five cars available. You just have to post which cars you will be running in.

I have an assessment with the surgeons today for my shoulder, so may have to take my wife's advice and turn down the Force Feedback so I can use the wheel without causing myself too much pain.

Assuming that works, I'll hit all 3 testing sessions as soon as I figure out how to meet the car regulations as I'm a bit old and thick. Had my 54th birthday last month, so not quite in Dennis' league, but getting there. :whistling:

Our clocks finally went forward so I'll also have to remember that GMT is now an hour behind us so I don't turn up early :roflmao:

PSN: RD_Rabin
Sessions: All 3
Car choice: Nissan GTR '13 GT3 / Yellow / Num 13 (Unless told I can't have it and I'll change it )

Last edited:
Managed to jump in for a few laps - wow, was that slippy! Even with full wets I lost it a couple of times.

Thanks for running the room, Andrew. Appreciate it. I'll have to set up one of my own this week and do a proper test run as I did only get about 15 minutes. :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%